GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to purchase the book tonight & it appears it's been pushed back to the 18th.

SE will have to wait for an open bed at the adult detention center.

Will they still be at full capacity in 15 years? If so… will it mean an earlier parole for SE/RS??

Let's hope not.

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/art...-sentenced-in-ex-friend-s-slaying-5216708.php

"MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia teenager who admitted killing her former friend is scheduled for sentencing Feb. 26 in Monongalia County Circuit Court.

The Dominion Post (http://bit.ly/1dxuA7u) reports that Rachel Shoaf's sentencing date was scheduled this week for the slaying of 16-year-old Skylar Neese in July 2012.

Shoaf pleaded guilty last May to second-degree murder. She and Shelia Eddy lured Neese out of her bedroom in Star City, drove her to a secluded spot, then stabbed her to death.

Shoaf told police the two no longer wanted to be friends with Neese.

Eddy was sentenced last month to first-degree murder. She was sentenced to a life term, but is eligible for parole after serving 15 years.

The state will recommend a 20-year sentence for Shoaf as part of the plea agreement."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/art...-sentenced-in-ex-friend-s-slaying-5216708.php

"MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia teenager who admitted killing her former friend is scheduled for sentencing Feb. 26 in Monongalia County Circuit Court.

The Dominion Post (http://bit.ly/1dxuA7u) reports that Rachel Shoaf's sentencing date was scheduled this week for the slaying of 16-year-old Skylar Neese in July 2012.

Shoaf pleaded guilty last May to second-degree murder. She and Shelia Eddy lured Neese out of her bedroom in Star City, drove her to a secluded spot, then stabbed her to death.

Shoaf told police the two no longer wanted to be friends with Neese.

Eddy was sentenced last month to first-degree murder. She was sentenced to a life term, but is eligible for parole after serving 15 years.

The state will recommend a 20-year sentence for Shoaf as part of the plea agreement."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WVA should be embarrassed. Twenty years? Really?
She'll be out in 10, it's disgusting.

Skylar would have been 18 yo today.

So sad - my heart goes out to Skylar's parents on this special day.

This case continues to haunt me like no other. Such a senseless, horrific crime perpetrated by two teenage monsters - there is no other word for them.

Terrifying to think they will be back on America's streets one day.

I agree that her sentence is not long enough. But, I am pretty sure that in WV, minors can't be sentenced any longer than what she was. So, WV did they best they could. They gave her the maximum they could.

Perhaps it's time the change the law there.

Happy Birthday in Heaven Skylar.

I agree that her sentence is not long enough. But, I am pretty sure that in WV, minors can't be sentenced any longer than what she was. So, WV did they best they could. They gave her the maximum they could.

yes this is true, but I was more upset at the plea that got rid of any chance PA or the feds would prosecute. That is where the real time would be served, especially kidnapping across state lines that lead to murder.

Hopefully Shelia will not get out for a good 30 years.

Lakin mug shot is up

2qdok7r.jpg

Some interesting dates ahead in the media about the case:

The Savage Murder of Skylar Neese media

Posted on February 4th, 2014

TV

Today Show – author appearance on February 28, 2014
Dr. Phil – taped author appearance on February 28, 2014, air date TK
Dateline – hour-long feature on February 28, 2014

Print

ELLE Magazine (circ. 1,128,186) – feature in the July/August issue

- See more at: http://www.benbellabooks.com/press/reference/the-savage-murder-of-skylar-neese/#sthash.I3Agcm88.dpuf

Mary Neese also posted on her FB about Dateline airing a show about Skylar on Friday February 28.

The maximum sentencing seems far too low for the brutality of the crime and the efforts that RS and SE took to hide the crime. They were shameless while putting Skylar's family and friends though a terrible ordeal. I don't think the max sentencing for juviniles was created with this type of crime in mind.

There is something really wrong with SE and I think she'll be considered a danger for many years to come. She only pled guilty when her lawyers couldn't defend her and didn't even apologise at her hearing!

skylar%20book.JPG

If you want to pre-order the book, just go to Amazon.com and type in "Skylar Neese". I'm unable to link, for some reason.

I just pre-ordered this on Amazon. They have a description up now that's interesting.

Book Description
Publication Date: February 18, 2014
Journalist Daleen Berry and investigator Geoffrey Fuller give you the little-known details behind one of the most horrific and shocking murders of our time.

One hot July night, three popular, pretty girls snuck out for a midnight joyride. Only two came back.

Stabbed so savagely she was almost decapitated, Skylar Neese was left bloody on the side of the road, buried beneath rocks and branches.

For six months, people wondered and waited, hoping Skylar would return. Instead, the community was stunned when Rachel Shoaf confessed to Skylar’s murder. The budding actress and singer accused the third member of the inseparable trio, Shelia Eddy, of being the ringleader. People were even more shocked to learn the murder was not a crime of sudden rage—but premeditated.

Now, friends, family, and the public are left with so many unanswered questions: Why did investigators believe her murder was connected to a rash of bank robberies and an interstate heroin ring? What part did drugs and social media play in Skylar’s killing and its aftermath? How did other high school students and even her own mother help discover who killed Skylar? And, if Rachel’s confession is true, what would lead two teenage girls to kill their best friend in one of the most horrific crimes in recent years?

With firsthand interviews with those close to the case and written in cooperation with the victim's parents, Dave and Mary Neese, The Savage Murder of Skylar Neese is the most comprehensive, detailed and in-depth source on the Skylar Neese murder.

All I can find is the kindle edition. I want the actual book.

Never started a thread before.....
Asked to share by a friend.....

Missing Poster:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....268647889822219.65708.212865135400495&type=1

Police in Star City are looking for a 16 year old girl who has not been seen since last week.

Police told 5 News that 16 year old Skylar Neese was last seen Friday. Family members describe her as being about 5'4" or 5'5" and around 130 to 140 pounds.

She has brown hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing yellow shorts and a multicolored shirt. If you have any information call the star city police at (304) 599-3550.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...WS-UPDATE-Search-for-Missing-Teen-Expands3999

Me and my husband drove through Star City on our way to the store just now...I'm shocked that there aren't missing posters for this girl up anywhere on the main drag! Star City is a very small area in Morgantown but it's located where all the major traffic comes through, it's a hub near the entrance/exit to town from the highway. Just a few large, well-placed signs next to the road would help get the story/Skylar's face out there. She's probably not in town, but every little bit counts...

Haven't heard anyone mention it around town, either. Maybe I will print out some flyers.

Wow, the coverage for this girl needs to be stepped up. She is absolutely adorable and so many things could have happened to her. Why does it matter HOW they leave, they are still in just as much danger.

All three of you are mentioned in the book as well as Websleuths.

Just downloaded the Kobo version, will let you know if it's worth the read!

thanks for all the updates.

how many years did shelia and rachel get.

thanks for all the updates.

how many years did shelia and rachel get.

Shelia got life with mercy, meaning she'll be up for for parole in 15 years and keep coming up for parole until the either release her or she dies in prison of old age.
Rachel hasn't been sentenced yet but struck a plea for 20-40 years max. The state is recommending 20 but hopefully the judge gives her the max of 40. Someone said in WVA you get time knocked off for good behavior and if she gets 40 for example she'll be able to get out in 20-25 years if she gets credit for good behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413