GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following the tweets of MB. Mom has made specific mention of this person on her Facebook. She certainly is causing a stir and has said some pretty interesting things. I sure hope, once again, that LE is looking into this MB person. She sure seems to know what happened and who is playing "Pretty Little Liars" and even calls them out on it. Very strange. Skylar, where are you???

Happy weekend to all!

I've spent my Friday night reading the dueling Facebooks for Skylar & I think I figured out part of the family feud. Hopefully this won't be too confusing using initials:

As we have been talking about, there is a Twitter page (MB) that Skylar's mom talked about. One of MB's followers on Twitter is JS. JS's most recent tweet mentions JWS being part of the "pretty little liars" gang with Skylar's friends (presumably SE & SA).

JWS is related to Skylar's father & runs one of the "Team Skylar" Facebook pages. It seems JWS believes Skylar has run away and is in hiding (but is safe). JWS seems to believe that Skylar has run away because of some kind of issue with her parents. JWS also seems to imply that the parents are not being up front with police (which has been stated by L.E. in news reports).

The other Team Skylar Facebook page is run by Skylar's parents, & the general consensus over there is that Skylar has met with foul play and may not be alive. That Facebook page seems to blame the friends (who have also been accused of being less than truthful in news reports).

It looks like the dueling theories have caused a serious familial rift and there is a LOT of turmoil and negativity happening (including many threats to sue each other over slander).

JWS apparently works for the DOJ, and claims to be working closely with law enforcement. She says she will share what she knows with anyone who sends her a private message on Facebook (she refuses to post the information on the public page because it has not yet been released by LE). Her Facebook page has thousands of members (and countless others who follow without joining), and she says she has received many leads which she has given to LE. Has anyone spoken to JWS? Would anyone be willing to speak with her?

The MB & JS Twitter pages clearly side with the parents & blame the friends. Do we think these anonymous Twitter profiles are family or family friends? I assumed at first that they were created by kids to be cruel, but I'm no longer getting that feeling. The MB user, specifically, uses terrible slangy grammar typical of kids, but not in a consistent way. It looks like whoever is using that profile is intentionally attempting to sound young (or different from their natural "voice"), and occasionally reverts back to normal language.

Just some thoughts as I try to sift through the tar pit of Social Media (since main-stream media accounts of this case are slim-to-none).

Happy weekend to all!

I've spent my Friday night reading the dueling Facebooks for Skylar & I think I figured out part of the family feud. Hopefully this won't be too confusing using initials:

As we have been talking about, there is a Twitter page (MB) that Skylar's mom talked about. One of MB's followers on Twitter is JS. JS's most recent tweet mentions JWS being part of the "pretty little liars" gang with Skylar's friends (presumably SE & SA).

JWS is related to Skylar's father & runs one of the "Team Skylar" Facebook pages. It seems JWS believes Skylar has run away and is in hiding (but is safe). JWS seems to believe that Skylar has run away because of some kind of issue with her parents. JWS also seems to imply that the parents are not being up front with police (which has been stated by L.E. in news reports).

The other Team Skylar Facebook page is run by Skylar's parents, & the general consensus over there is that Skylar has met with foul play and may not be alive. That Facebook page seems to blame the friends (who have also been accused of being less than truthful in news reports).

It looks like the dueling theories have caused a serious familial rift and there is a LOT of turmoil and negativity happening (including many threats to sue each other over slander).

JWS apparently works for the DOJ, and claims to be working closely with law enforcement. She says she will share what she knows with anyone who sends her a private message on Facebook (she refuses to post the information on the public page because it has not yet been released by LE). Her Facebook page has thousands of members (and countless others who follow without joining), and she says she has received many leads which she has given to LE. Has anyone spoken to JWS? Would anyone be willing to speak with her?

The MB & JS Twitter pages clearly side with the parents & blame the friends. Do we think these anonymous Twitter profiles are family or family friends? I assumed at first that they were created by kids to be cruel, but I'm no longer getting that feeling. The MB user, specifically, uses terrible slangy grammar typical of kids, but not in a consistent way. It looks like whoever is using that profile is intentionally attempting to sound young (or different from their natural "voice"), and occasionally reverts back to normal language.

Just some thoughts as I try to sift through the tar pit of Social Media (since main-stream media accounts of this case are slim-to-none).

Excellent post and very informative. I didn't know about the conflicting fb pages with differing views. Interesting, i am off to work out who some of these initials belong to haha.

Just so no one is confused. I totally got the initials wrong. It is not JWS, it is JWH. sorry about that!

Just so no one is confused. I totally got the initials wrong. It is not JWS, it is JWH. sorry about that!

I spent the better part of last night reading that FB. I wish I'd put my boots on before I waded in there. lol

I haven't even attempted the other FB yet. I did see where SA and SE posted in the beginning and haven't since. It seems, as you said there is a rift going on between JWH and DN.

If JWH had only met Skylar once, I don't understand why she would take it upon herself to admin this FB acct. The accusations she is throwing out there are something else and she and DN are cousins.

Also, in reading, it was said Skylar was seen in the area of some woods and she ran off when approached. There was also a bunch going in on horses to search and LE told them they would not be needed.

I also read somewhere Skylar was an only child, but in reading last nite she has a 1/2 sister and they both have the same dad.

There is so much mud slinging going on, it has now turned away from Skylar. So sad!

Here's a recent article on the case: http://wajr.com/common/more.php?m=15&r=1&item_id=2021
This quote from it is the only thing I found interesting:
"'Really we have no idea at this point,' Propst (Star City police chief) said. 'We know no crime occurred in Star City expect (sic) the runaway. That's why we are still working closely with State Police and the FBI.'"

Very interesting that they don't think there was foul play involved in her disappearance from Star City. Granted, that still leaves something happening after she disappeared that has prevented her from coming home, but this is a very interesting comment from L.E.

I was just looking at the public Team Skylar Facebook page, and a family member (RW) said that Skylar's father viewed security tapes at a local Sheetz (gas station) & said he was "pretty sure" he saw Skylar at the gas station. There are 2 Sheetz stations in Morgantown, and both are close to Star City. One station is right across a bridge from Star City in a very small town called "Granville" and right by the exit/entrance to the interstate (I79) & the other is near the football stadium on Chestnut Ridge Road (across from the road that leads to Mon General Hospital). This sighting (according to Facebook) was nearly one month after Skylar went missing (8/4).

There was also a sighting of Skylar at "a party in the woods" by a friend of the family. The police were called, but never showed up to that location.

In the same post that revealed the lead about the Sheetz camera, someone mentioned that Skylar had a prepaid cell phone. Since she was familiar with those phones, it seems very probable that she is currently using one if she has run away. They also mentioned her job and asked if she could have been squirreling away money. One family member shot down this idea, but it does seem plausible. I wonder how long she was working at Wendy's? How much money could she have saved working a minimum wage job with few bills to pay? Could she still have enough money 4 months later? If the sightings were Skylar, then she has to be staying with someone, so I wouldn't think she would need much money. Sorry, just rambling as I work this all out.

Sorry, I just remembered there is a 3rd Sheetz station in an area known as Sabraton. That Sheetz station is very close to the entrance/exit ramps to interstate 68 (which will go to MD in one direction and lead to 79 and PA/Southern WV in the other).

Facebook is a goldmine right now. Here are some updated comment summaries:

-JWH is claiming Skylar's father never showed up to review the Sheetz tapes (but it's possible he did it on his own without L.E.)
-Skylar did in fact have bills to pay (including cell phones) and was reportedly "stressed" about it
-Skylar had the cell phones cancelled before she disappeared (which is apparently why she didn't take it with her).
-A Flash drive was recovered from Skylar's room with information about how to run away/disappear without a trace

it's getting good over there. I'll keep you all up-to-date if any other tid bits come out.

Facebook is a goldmine right now. Here are some updated comment summaries:

-JWH is claiming Dave never showed up to review the Sheetz tapes (but it's possible he did it on his own without L.E.)
-Skylar did in fact have bills to pay (including cell phones) and was reportedly "stressed" about it
-Skylar had the cell phones cancelled before she disappeared (which is apparently why she didn't take it with her).
-A Flash drive was recovered from Skylar's room with information about how to run away/disappear without a trace

it's getting good over there. I'll keep you all up-to-date if any other tid bits come out.

I meant to ask you the other day if you'd heard about a flash drive. But I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. It was something about Dave having a flash drive and maybe Skylar saw what was on it, didn't like it and left. Interesting to say the least.

I can not find the facebook page for Skylar can someone point me to it?

That does sound vaguely familiar, though I can't speak to it's accuracy. I will say there does seem to be a lot of weird commenting/suggesting about Skylar's father. Something seems off there, but maybe it's just the typical missing person, be suspicious of the family type thing. I wish the parents were more up front about why they're not being cooperative with L.E. Currently they just scream and yell if someone brings it up. Maybe they feel backed into a corner and accused instead of supported (which would be understandable), but it seems like all the defensiveness is distracting from finding the missing child. In short: it's all a mess!

Some FB comments about the parents:

-6(ish) weeks into Skylar's disappearance, her mother reportedly cursed at police & hung up on them.
-Police reportedly noticed that Skylar's father would not be cooperative when asked for info, but constantly wanted info from the police. It is also reported that police suspected the info he DID give was to lead them astray.
-3wks into the investigation, police reportedly began limiting the info they gave to parents.

Not parent related but interesting:
-Skylar apparently had 3 cell phones for which she was paying. These are the phones that were cancelled before the disappearance. It is unclear if the pre-paid card she bought prior to disappearing was used on one of those phones or if it was used for a fourth, unidentified, phone.

This case is really strange. I went to mom's fb and she is highly po'd because there was a missing flyer created and she didn't approve it. Basically, she says if it's passed around she will sue anyone who passes it. :waitasec: I don't get it. If this were my child I'd gladly accept any and all help I could get. jmo

Last post of the night as I have to go to bed to deal with family/getting the house ready tomorrow.

JWH (Skylar's cousin who works for the Dept. of Justice) claims to have an "in" with L.E. this is what she's saying L.E. has told her:

-There has been confusion in the press about the number of times Skylar left that night. According to JWH, L.E. says Skylar left ONCE. JWH claims L.E. stated (falsely) in the press that Skylar left twice to stop the harassment of Skylar's friend (presumably SE whose car matches the description).
-JWH is claiming that the "leaving twice" story came from Skylar's father, who falsely gave that information to the press & that L.E. has known/believed all along that she only left once. JWH claims that even after police told Skylar's father who she left with, he claimed to be in the dark and went public asking for help to identify the car.
-The reward money has been a BIG subject of contention. Someone (I can't remember who) on the public Facebook page claimed that the parents started the reward fund personally instead of going through proper channels to set it up with a 3rd party (this statement implied that the funds would not go entirely to a reward but that the parents were misappropriating the funds). This claim has resurfaced tonight on Facebook. JWH states that it is possible the money is being spent for the parents recreation as well as on this new half-sibling we recently heard about. She also claims that the family did not want the total amount of the reward released publicly or in print (which seems extremely counter-productive and odd).
-There have been multiple sightings in the Sabraton area (this is the location of the Sheetz store I forgot about, and there is also a Wendy's in Sabraton, though I do not know at which location Skylar worked).

Please keep in mind the familial rift that has been discussed. JWH clearly has a strained relationship with Skylar's parents. Whether this information is true or not, that definitely needs to be kept in mind as she is the source of a lot of the Facebook info.

And I'm done for the night. Happy sleuthing and Happy Thanksgiving <3

K I lied, going to address the flyer debacle before bed:

Skylar's mom is upset with the chief of the Star City Police Dept. Some of this anger comes from the police not giving the family info (and because they don't give the family info, the family assumes they aren't doing anything). Another source of contention is the fact that Skylar is listed as a "Runaway" and not a "Missing Person," or endangered.

On the flyer, the chief's name (Vic Probst) is listed as the contact for those with information. This has apparently made Skylar's mother completely irate.

K, bed for real!

K I lied, going to address the flyer debacle before bed:

Skylar's mom is upset with the chief of the Star City Police Dept. Some of this anger comes from the police not giving the family info (and because they don't give the family info, the family assumes they aren't doing anything). Another source of contention is the fact that Skylar is listed as a "Runaway" and not a "Missing Person," or endangered.

On the flyer, the chief's name (Vic Probst) is listed as the contact for those with information. This has apparently made Skylar's mother completely irate.

K, bed for real!

The flyer wasn't created by LE or anyone in the area. It was created by the person who's website is listed on it and they are from Daytona Beach. They created flyers for everyone missing or whatever. So, she is po'd, thinking it came from LE.

ETA: Happy Thanksgiving RDGirl!

In the earlier post about remains found, did they ever discover if they were her or not?

Cabell County Sheriff's deputies are investigating human skeletal remains found on Wire Branch Road in Ona, WV.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/19875360/human-remains-found-in-ona-wv

There's no reason to expect this is Skylar, but thought I'd make everyone aware of it just in case.

ETA: These two cities are almost 200 miles apart.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF...E8m&ei=HJSEUP_DJ8bL0AGwmICoBQ&ved=0CCAQ9w8wAA

this is the post I was referring to with the remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member