WY WY - Austin King, 22, Yellowstone National Park, Eagle Peak, 17 Sept 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In these pictures the one is zoomed in as far as I can get it. I circled and put a arrow. Does anyone else think that looks like a head with brown hair? If anyone can get a clearer image of it.
Interesting, @carson3483. Please send that in if you haven't already. You and @Happypetitvieux01 are on a roll. I think we all appreciate that the NPS and SAR are taking our sleuthing effort seriously.

Also sent this one a little later, saying I'm now hallucinating and seeing him in every crevasse.
Pic of second crevasse, just a little above first crevasse.
From picture 5401933394 (middle of pic, maximum zoom)
(Really sorry for poor quality, max zooming in not the best)

Attachments

• 54019333794SecondCrevasse.png
    54019333794SecondCrevasse.png
    764.3 KB · Views: 24
No good news in FB, it would appear it shifted to a recovery operation

I cannot open this very last media release, can someone paste here relevant bits?

Nearly identical to what @imstilla.grandma posted just ^^^. But in both articles I found this most interesting:

"Yellowstone staff have also investigated cellular activity recorded from King on the evening of September 17, the night he reached Eagle Peak’s summit."

Efforts to locate King have expanded with 96 personnel, two helicopters, a search dog team, ground teams using spotting scopes, and a drone involved in the search.
Austin King Missing

Eagle Peak, standing at 11,372 feet, is the highest point in Yellowstone National Park. Search teams focus on areas from the peak down to about 8,000 feet in various drainages and ridgetops. On Thursday, September 26, helicopters from Yellowstone National Park and Teton County, Wyoming, searched extensively in the area.

Yellowstone staff have also investigated cellular activity recorded from King on the evening of September 17, the night he reached Eagle Peak’s summit

News Release Date: September 27, 2024

• As the search and rescue for Austin King enters its seventh day, search crews continue to focus efforts in the vicinity of Eagle Peak in Yellowstone National Park.
  • King, an employee of Xanterra Parks and Resorts, a private business authorized to operate in Yellowstone, was reported overdue to the Yellowstone Interagency Communications Center when he failed to arrive for his boat pickup near Yellowstone Lake’s Southeast Arm on the afternoon of Sept. 20, after his planned 7-day backcountry trip to summit Eagle Peak.
  • To date, 96 personnel, two helicopters, a search dog team, ground teams with spotting scopes, and a drone have looked for King in this high-elevation, expansive and hazardous area. Eagle Peak, at 11,372 feet (3,466 m), is the highest point in Yellowstone National Park. Teams will continue to search from the peak to about 8,000 feet in various drainages and ridgetops surrounding the peak.
  • On Thursday, Sept. 26, two helicopters, one belonging to Yellowstone National Park and the other to Teton County, Wyoming, searched extensively throughout the area.
  • In addition, Yellowstone staff have followed up on cellular activity by King that occurred the evening of Sept. 17 on Eagle Peak, the night King summited the peak. Staff are working with cellular forensics experts to attempt to learn more from this data.
  • Yellowstone continues to partner with Grand Teton National Park, Park County, Wyoming, and Teton County, Wyoming, to look for King. Multiple crews will continue searching for the next several days as conditions warrant.
  • The park will provide more information when it is available.

1727467449993.png

The search effort has now swelled to 96 people with assistance from helicopters, a dog team and a drone. The teams are combing an area from the peak to 8,000 feet, examining both drainages and ridgetops, according to the park service update.

Along with the physical search, park staff have “followed up on cellular activity by King” from the evening he summited the peak. The park service had previously said King called friends and family to inform them he had reached the top. On one call, he described fog, sleet, hail and windy conditions at the peak.

“Staff are working with cellular forensic experts to attempt to learn more from this data,” the park service wrote in its Friday update.

3 hours ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris
Back