Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure most of us have seen this already, but I am sharing it again because I feel like the debating of Brain Laundrie’s obvious guilt (homicide) is distracting from discussion regarding the lawsuits. I also would be remiss to not mention there is no law anywhere in the US that I am aware of that one is allowed to kill another person if they get injured in the wilderness; that is still murder.

FBI Denver Provides Final Investigative Update on Gabrielle Petito Case: “The investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito….”​

I copy and pasted because I am on mobile, but if an admin or mod could adjust the font on this post so it’s not huge I would appreciate it. Size of font is not intentional.
Thank you.

There was no domestic violence. Not a mark on either one of them in the youtube videos. They were engaged and look very happy together.
JMO

bbm rsbm

Her videos were not a documentary but a highlight reel. Her work filming & editing was intended to attract $ub$cribers & monetize the channel afaik.

There are likely people who would indeed subscribe to watch a man browbeat, insult, gaslight, and threaten a pretty young lady.

imho we have threads about the efforts of some of those people....

jmho ymmmv lrr

bbm rsbm

Her videos were not a documentary but a highlight reel. Her work filming & editing was intended to attract $ub$cribers & monetize the channel afaik.

There are likely people who would indeed subscribe to watch a man browbeat, insult, gaslight, and threaten a pretty young lady.

imho we have threads about the efforts of some of those people....

jmho ymmmv lrr
The video was taken over a longer period of time. No sign of injuries on either one of them. It also wasn't their first cross-country trip. It is obvious they are having fun and love one another.
JMO
from the link I posted:

7,197,602 views Aug 19, 2021
A glimpse into our van adventures! After our first cross country trip in a little Nissan Sentra, we both decided we to wanted downsize our lives and travel full time, but trying to fit everything for two people into the tiny little trunk of the car, also spending way too much on gas, food, and airbnb, was not the road to take. We quickly realized we had to come up with a solution if we wanted to continue traveling and living nomadically, so that's why we handcrafted our own tiny van, a simple 2012 Ford transit connect, utilizing space with unique designs and features. Creating a space for both artistic expression and distance hiking. Thank you so much for watching, and we hope you tag along on our journey wherever the van takes us!Follow our van life journey for some awesome van life ideas, tips, hacks, camping spots, and so many beautiful places to travel!VISIT OUR WEBSITE + BLOG: www.nomadicstatik.comSubscribe to our YouTube channel: / @nomadicstatik4941 Follow Gabby on Instagram: / gabspetito Follow Brian on Instagram: / bizarre_design_

Transcript​

Follow along using the transcript.
Show transcript

Nomadic Statik​

180K subscribers

Videos

JMO

I
Nor are those the actions of a woman who is afraid of the man. Wouldn't a woman being badly abused be afraid of the consequences of hitting him and calling him names?
In my country, Australia, there are disproportionate rates of First Peoples women (Indigenous/Aboriginal to use outdated terminology) who are currently incarcerated after being violently abused for upwards of 15 years and one day suddenly reaching their limit (everyone has one) and snapping and taking a kitchen knife and stabbing their cruel abuser to death, hence getting convicted of murder when it was a desperate act borne out of self defence and unfortunately having systemic racism and other failures against them as opposed to support.

So, abused women have each their own personality and subsequent threshold, once this is crossed uncharacteristic yet perfectly understandable actions result.

There is also something known as “trauma bonding” most famously exemplified in the Stockholm Syndrome where hostages sympathised and protected their terrorists but defined more broadly - unfortunately, abused women (and men, yes) become in essence, addicted to the chemical highs that an abuse cycle roller coaster ride inevitably brings them. This extends into codependency, yet do not assume that means both parties are equal, there is still a victim, most definitely.

Last edited:
The video was taken over a longer period of time. No sign of injuries on either one of them. It also wasn't their first cross-country trip. It is obvious they are having fun and love one another.
JMO

bbm, rsbm

I have some experience with stage make-up, and followed parts of the Depp/Heard trial. Certainly enough to remember Amber Heard's "bruise kit."

1702175452340.jpeg
image from NBCnews.com

No sign of injuries? Camera angles, make-up, time -- all factors.

jmho ymmv lrr

bbm, rsbm

I have some experience with stage make-up, and followed parts of the Depp/Heard trial. Certainly enough to remember Amber Heard's "bruise kit."

View attachment 467014
image from NBCnews.com

No sign of injuries? Camera angles, make-up, time -- all factors.

jmho ymmv lrr
So it's possible to try and hide bruises or create them with make-up.

I'm confused what you are trying to say. Is it that there was no DV? Or that there was DV and Gabby was the one who was the perpetrator?
I'm saying I don't believe the couple had a history of domestic violence. While Gabby was mad at Brian and hitting him, he wanted both of them to take a break from each other to cool off. They loved each other, traveling in national parks and it wasn't their first cross-country trip.

Domestic violence involves total control over the victim, with the aggressor refusing to walk away to take a break. Victims seek protection either at DV shelters or with family/friends. Gabby admitted to police that she was the instigator. Brian begged police not to arrest her because he loved Gabby, and he knew she loved him. I have no doubt he went to that nature area to commit suicide so they could be together in the afterlife. May they both RIP.

JMO

In this case the perp was BL not his parents. If I follow your analogy the Petito family would have been satisfied with the $3 million dollar judgement they won against BL's estate.

However, since Brian is dead, they can't sue him for answers/information. They can sue his parents for that since his parents withheld information from them, and that's exactly what they are doing.

However, since Brian is dead, they can't sue him for answers/information. They can sue his parents for that since his parents withheld information from them, and that's exactly what they are doing.
I was just addressing your statement about seeking justice and accountability when a perp isn't found guilty in a criminal trial.

In my opinion we don't know that the Laundries withheld any information about Gabby's death from the Petito family.

JMO

I'm trying to think of unanswered questions the civil lawsuit is trying to uncover and why.

All evidence points to BL murdering Gabby. He also confessed to killing her. Her autopsy revealed that she died of “blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.”

We know about the DV incidents before the murder. We have details about how the Maob PD handled the DV incident they responded to.

And much more.

So is this civil lawsuit in search of information that may or may not exist? So far I don't see what they are looking for.

JMO.

I was just addressing your statement about seeking justice and accountability when a perp isn't found guilty in a criminal trial.

In my opinion we don't know that the Laundries withheld any information about Gabby's death from the Petito family.

JMO
<modsnip>

The Petito's have said that the Laundrie family didn't tell them anything about Gabby's disappearance and death and they cut them off both through SM and through their phone. They are now amassing sworn depositions and evidence to prove their case. Even the Laundrie's former attorney supports the Petito's case in his deposition.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me for not being able to follow your train of thought. I don't think we have an effective communication.
<modsnip>

I did learn something from the link you provided.
Family attorney Brian Stewart said the photo, recovered from cloud storage, was taken in the back of Petito’s van on August 12, the same day the couple was pulled over by Moab police as they were traveling through Utah.
So apparently the lawyer got the photo from cloud storage and not Gabby's phone. Not sure if the date has been independently verified.

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm saying I don't believe the couple had a history of domestic violence. While Gabby was mad at Brian and hitting him, he wanted both of them to take a break from each other to cool off. They loved each other, traveling in national parks and it wasn't their first cross-country trip.

Domestic violence involves total control over the victim, with the aggressor refusing to walk away to take a break. Victims seek protection either at DV shelters or with family/friends. Gabby admitted to police that she was the instigator. Brian begged police not to arrest her because he loved Gabby, and he knew she loved him. I have no doubt he went to that nature area to commit suicide so they could be together in the afterlife. May they both RIP.

JMO
Thank you very much for the explanation. It helps me understand where you are coming from and why we pretty much are 180 degrees apart on this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow