Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

Please Read and Acknowledge

Where we are at this time:
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-Gabby is still missing and considered the victim in this case
-Authorities have the van
-LE was at the Laundrie home last night
to talk with family - Protestors were at scene
-FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

———————————————

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread. If you have question please PM a member of the Mod Team. We are here to help you!

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

———————
Compliments of @oviedo
MAR 17
: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GP is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch
==================================
AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple was at the organic store (Moonflower) from 9am to 3pm according to the police video - they were going to get water and showers - police report incident is at 4pm and the video is over an hour long of this incident. BL is taken to a hotel -Where does Gabby go for the night?

AUG 12
: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park - Believe the hike was august 9 and posted on aug 12
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE) - Is this where Gabby stayed in her van/tent?

AUG 13
: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
=============================
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it (this is new information for the timeline)
AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok)

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted Brian and his mother, Roberta, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied The family alerted the National Park Service.
Sept 10-? Discovery of her Van
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)
Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday

——-
Note:
September 1: POI BL is in Florida (we don't yet know when he left with her van to drive home to his parents house where he remains)

4 songs were added to the playlist "Mtn tops," on an account Gabby Petito appears to share with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie: Many of the songs, collected on an account she appeared to share with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, focus on love and heartache.
"Your woman is your angel, is your left side, is your whole life; easily the most beautiful thing in the world," one song, Matt Berry’s "Woman," begins. "She'll soothe you; she'll accuse you; she'll confuse you; she'll lose you but always be the best friend you have in the world."

Another song, "Take My Hand," is about picking up a stranger at a bar. "The Badger’s Wake" is about a badger decomposing underground.

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*
ETA discovery of the van by Gabbys dad on person is questionable- he may have driven by and called LE (need to research this)

Last edited:
This doesn't necessarily discount the suggestion, but you can't schedule posts on Instagram in the same way as you can on Facebook, despite both platforms being owned by the same company. You'd need to go through a third party platform such as Buffer or Hootsuite, which imo makes it much more difficult to post ahead of time accidentally. In fact, I've never had a post go out early while using Buffer, only posts that have failed to go out when scheduled so I don't see this as particularly likely imo.
I Cannot speak for personal FaceBook pages. However, if you have a business page - as I do - and it is liked to an IG account, you can schedule the post (in FB) for both FB and IG. I'd think this unlikely with Petito/Laundrie, as they do not strike me as savvy enough for this... but my point is that it is not out of the realm of possibility.

What if he had posts prepared.. On Instagram you can schedule posts way in advance. Many "Influencers" can do this so that they're posting regularly and consistently.

What if he accidentally uploaded a post early that had been scheduled for posting on Halloween..
Yes! This! There are so many ways to “technically change” your life story through SM. In fact, there are apps where you are able to schedule a time to send a text message. I have frequently considered this an option for the last text sent 8/30 to mom. Schedule text, leave phone somewhere random so no pings are able to be collected from BL’s trip back east.

So his parents thought he was home? But he left days earlier?
That house is not huge...no way an adult male could "hide" in there. If they thought he was there but really he was not for several days....do they never speak in that not huge house? No one is ever in the kitchen at the same time?
baloney

Sorry if someone else has said this already (I'm a couple of pages behind at the moment and this thread moves so quickly) but if the caption had been edited, it would be flagged as such on Instagram when you click the caption and the time of the update would be displayed - I've just tried with my own Instagram (attached file). That particular caption definitely wasn't edited after posting.
Thank you-I should have checked this specifically but I didn’t. Things are moving so fast I didn’t want to lose my thought. But you’re right!

There's always someone who says this in every case that is getting a lot of attention. Some cases have more information to follow than others, and it's as simple as that.

There's also other reasons. It's not just about the info. We're not getting much information bout Gabby in this case.

I Cannot speak for personal FaceBook pages. However, if you have a business page - as I do - and it is liked to an IG account, you can schedule the post (in FB) for both FB and IG. I'd think this unlikely with Petito/Laundrie, as they do not strike me as savvy enough for this... but my point is that it is not out of the realm of possibility.

You're right - I'd forgotten that so thanks for the correction. I don't run social media for anyone any more and really didn't enjoy it when I did, so I guess I've blocked some things out!

I can’t find the answer but the threads are moving too fast. Forgive me if it’s been asked and answered.
They are from NY and were high school friends? He moved to Florida first and then she followed him? Then her dad moved there?
Are any of their high school friends or coworkers speaking much? Also, she claimed to be a yogi and nutritionist but really she worked at a Publix and juice bar?
There’s a lot of missing info on this couple.

Between the two of them, I think there was a lot of woo-woo fantasizing; grandiose behavior; 'web influencer' BS; youthful idiocy; total inexperience in living an adult life on their own and off their phones; superficial educations; perhaps mental health issues; and incompatibility. A toxic mix. MOO.

From everything that I have read, no, I don't think he knows very much about anything. I think, personal opinion here, I think that they got into another fight, he grabbed his stuff knowing that every fight will only end up with him in jail, and he went on a long hike on the 27-29. He gets picked up by the tik tok-er on the 29, gets a ride back to jackson hole where the van was. He gets back to the van, finds maybe a note saying she is in x hotel, and he gets mad, and returns back to Florida.

Talking to the police is pointless because they know everything he knows. The only thing talking
will do is get him into jail. He returns back to florida, thinking she is in a hotel in idaho. The 11th rolls by, the parents file a missing persons, he believes they know where she is, and is trying to get him in trouble. He bunkers down. By the 12 or the 13th, it is clear she is gone, the media and everyone is blaming him so he does the only thing you do when your whole life is missing and everyone hates you, suicide. Grabs enough stuff to get him to a spot where he has happy memories...

This is all my opinion, but it fit the facts.
The first fight (that we know of) did not end up with him in jail, although it nearly ended with her in jail. He had no right to 'get mad' and take her van. Talking may have led to finding her. MOO.

Well, if the van was not in his name and he took it without her...that's one.
If he used her credit card to buy gas without her on the way home...that's another one.
bbm
First bolded : There was a lot of discussion about ownership and I'm thinking if it was a case of theft that he could've been arrested and held as soon as LE knew he was at his parent's house.
But it sounds a bit murky.
Was it the van in her name only ?

Second bolded : Probably not an arresting-type of offence unless one factors theft, again.
But it would help with the timeline and where the family can start searching.
Also wondering about other purchases on her/his cards.
Food and/or lodging or one person only ?
Maybe not lodging as he'd sleep in the van ?

Trying to catch up and will go back and read the pages I've missed.

Imo.

So his parents thought he was home? But he left days earlier?
That house is not huge...no way an adult male could "hide" in there. If they thought he was there but really he was not for several days....do they never speak in that not huge house? No one is ever in the kitchen at the same time?
baloney
That certainly is hard to understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members