Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any bruises or cuts on Gabby, dna under her nails, and examination of clothing will ultimately be the evidence to charge BL if that’s found. Possibly recovering items of BLs near the site of her body as well.
I don't want to sound grim but I'm not hopeful there is much soft tissue left 3 weeks later, in heat, in Bear country.

Chris on TIR is wondering if BL is headed to the Appalachian Trail. Well if so, I say, good luck buddy. Anyone who has done any section or thru hiking knows you need to have a plan for resupply etc. He's not a survivalist. BL would not make it very far on his own, not to mention the AT hikers who'd be more than happy to turn him in. The AT is not exactly a place you can avoid people for very long.

Sorry for this insensitive question but I'm confused...was she or wasn't she buried? I've seen claims of both. Was she partially buried? What does that even mean...that perhaps an animal had dug up her once-buried remains? Was she "buried" in the sense that she was covered with brush/debris/rocks? Have they even released this information?

Apologies for the gruesome nature of the question.

It looks like she was covered with earth but not actually buried, a shallow grave type.

Sorry for this insensitive question but I'm confused...was she or wasn't she buried? I've seen claims of both. Was she partially buried? What does that even mean...that perhaps an animal had dug up her once-buried remains? Was she "buried" in the sense that she was covered with brush/debris/rocks? Have they even released this information?

Apologies for the gruesome nature of the question.
I'm with you. I've asked the question in the previous thread and have yet to get an answer. Seems speculative at this point.

Katy, I am not sure it has been verified yet she was buried or did I miss something?

And if she was buried, like some are assuming, wouldn’t it have taken them longer to retrieve her body? They would have done so carefully, not quickly. For such a quick ID, the body had to be visible and most likely not buried.

She had a mark on her face, and in his own words, BL claimed while he was trying to take away the keys to HER van, he pushed her before she hit him with her phone.

You know what's been puzzling me... is the fact whatever happened happened AFTER a LONG video of them talking to LE in Moab about their physical fight. You'd think he would have kept that in mind as it could be evidence (At least I think it can).

Well, instead of offering a hollow statement of 'sending prayers to the family'- the same desperate family they coldly refused to acknowledge for weeks--they could have offered a sincere apology and said how sorry they are for the outcome and they wished they had handled it differently. But yes, if they offered hollow condolences or didnt offer any, they would be condemned.It is kind of hard not to condemn their behaviour because it was disgusting and indefensible, imo.

Belated condolences are nice. The truth would have been better.

It's not that we are defending Brian; it's more that we are pursuing the truth of what really happened and not allowing ourselves to get lost in the guesswork. There's a keen difference.

And for some of us we are also feeling compassion and concern for everyone involved in this case. This includes Brian.

I am saving my compassion-all of it-for the family of the victim. That would be Gabby. That would not be Gabby and Brian. I would have compassion for Brian and his despicable family if they had not behaved as if Gabby’s life was irrelevant, along with the desperation of her prents.

I have always believed that someone flew out to help BL drive the van back to Florida. If there were two people sharing the driving they could easily make it back in 2 days. I certainly have thoughts on who helped him.

MOO.

This has my heart breaking into pieces all day, I cannot imagine what her distraught loving family could possibly be going through, I cannot imagine their anguish and grief right now. Gabby was so young, her whole life ahead of her, so beautiful, so talented, it has really made me so upset to see this outcome... rest easy, sweet angel, your loved ones now have a guardian angel watching over them forever. Rest in peace Gabby. You will never be forgotten. You united millions together, you left an impact, may justice be served swiftly.

My condolences to her loved ones.

Hi everyone! Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I am sorry if someone has already posted about this. If they did, I couldn't find it.

RE: Gabby's AllTrails account showing her current location as Puerto Rico

I find this particularly interesting and have a few thoughts I would love to unpack/discuss.

1) From what I understand, AllTrails.com updates your location automatically if it is linked in location settings. Does anyone familiar with the ap know if you can manually adjust this in your profile settings?

2) It says the account was created in May 2021, so it appears this would be Gabby's real account since it was made well before any of this happened / it became a news story. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts/reasons as to why it could be a fake account. It seems extremely unlikely, but I would like to rule out all possibilities if possible.

3) I can't imagine why Brian would bring Gabby's phone to Puerto Rico if that is where he ran off to. Isn't acquiring a burner phone On-The-Run 101? It seems so obvious that this would be a terrible idea and make it incredibly easy to be found. Does anyone else think he and/or his parents somehow got Gabby's phone to PR on it's own as a diversion?

4) I would assume he is keeping tabs on what people are saying about his location online if he has access to the Internet or a phone (particularly because he is a narcissist). If he is in Puerto Rico with Gabby's phone, I would think he would know that people are onto this by now...

Looking forward to diving into this!

Xx
Morgan

That's all circumstantial, though. The prosecutor will need some hard evidence for the best possible shot at a conviction. I very much hope they find some.
<rsbm>

Many, if not most convictions are based on heavy circumstantial evidence, not so much direct evidence.

Difference between circumstantial evidence and direct evidence is that circumstantial is evidence that is open to reasonable interpretation by a reasonable person reviewing it (i.e. even autopsy results are circumstantial because they are open to interpretation, whether by the medical examiner, LE, or the public). Direct evidence on the other hand does not require interpretation (eye witness accounts, surveillance video of the murder).

I'm with you. I've asked the question in the previous thread and have yet to get an answer. Seems speculative at this point.

I've seen and read nothing about it either way. In the helicopter LE seemed to be looking at a few different spots, likely looking for any evidence, so I don't think we can tell anything.

I don't think we will know until the FBI releases the findings from the coroner. In the UNRELATED Moab case, they described how the bodies were found when they released the cause of death. So I assume it will be similar here unless they withhold it.

After reading 10 threads of 14 pages each I’m surprised no one has talked about the obvious. Brian is a good enough looking enough guy for any number of women to have taken him in off the street. There is no way this guy has been in that wildlife reserve for this long. He’s either dead or somewhere else. Heat, humidity, hunger, thirst, lack of camping equipment and supplies (not to mention the wildlife and mosquitoes) preclude any sort of contemplation that he would’ve lasted this long. The thought though that he could’ve left the country is ludicrous because it would’ve been elementary to check plane manifests and border crossings. His parents need to be prosecuted.

I wouldn't blame B's parents as much if they'd had the basic human decency to simply return CALLS to G's parents & inform them they knew nothing. That they DIDN'T return their calls, just, no, that's not how to behave toward your future daughter-in-law's parents. Yikes. So no wonder a few ppl here think they are covering for their fugitive son.

I would not be so quick to blame B.L's parents.What if they had really tried to get the information from him but he just would not talk about it.You can't force someone to talk.Maybe they tried and tried and just could not get him to talk about it.

It won't be long before they find Brian. Thankfully, he appears to be dumb as a post. It appears that he killed his girlfriend and then did a horrible job of covering up the crime. He hitched a ride with someone. He let people spot his van in various locations. He did what he did after he was recorded on video having an argument with her. Then he drove home and just acted like everything was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360