Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a̶r̶g̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶'̶s̶ discussion's sake, I tried to make this photo of Brian as crappy as the trail cam footage. I personally don't think it's him because the nose appears turned up, the ears look smaller and his facial hair doesn't appear as prominent. Brian also has a pretty significant amount of dark arm hair that I would imagine could appear darker on the trail cam. I also don't see him carrying his backpack on one shoulder like he's going to high school - I think he'd go with the two-shoulder approach, especially if he was doing a major hike like all the way from North Port to Baker, FL.

What do you guys think?

Definitely not BL.

Omg.
If you look at the YouTube of the van bloggers who found the van in their video.
It looks like there’s a hand gun on the books on the floor at side of the sandals.
Holy crap!

I apologise if you cannot post this, will someone let me know if your not allowed and I will delete right away.

Thanks.
The exact nature of that object has been debated in previous threads. It's been suggested that it could be a glasses case or rolled-up piece of cloth. I don't think many people have seen a gun.

JMO

Last edited:
Seriously. Sometimes I think people here get so caught up in looking for small clues that they miss the big picture. One of the reasons police separate the couple in these situations is so that they feel safe to speak freely. Why would any person rely on some furtive half second hand gesture when they are having a one-on-one conversation with the police completely separated from the other party? Most of the time a banana is just a banana
Agreed. I doubt this young lady knew anything about these types of signals while on a cross country van trip with her fiancee

I really can't deal with JB and his investigator stressing repeatedly that this is not a homicide investigation, it's a missing person investigation. 22 year old women don't just drop dead. It is a suspicious death per se. If you don't want to call it a homicide investigation, call it a suspicious death investigation (which is what is called in my state). But to keep saying it is a missing person investigation really demeans what happened to Gabby IMO. She's not hanging out somewhere waiting to be found. She is dead. And the only person who can answer right now what happened is in hiding.
Has he referred to it as that recently? As in, since her body was found? Odd. Any chance he meant Brian?

. I read elsewhere, that she was found near where that couple traveling through GT NP filming the scenery, and later noticing that her van was in their video, reported the van being located. They sent a clip to LE showing the van by the side of the road.

I don't know if it's true, that LE was able to use that as a starting point in their eventually successful search, but it would explain why LE felt that contribution to their info collected from the public was so significant. Does anyone here know, if her remains were found in the general vicinity of the van sighting by that couple traveling through?

And here's a link to an article quoting that female officer at the scene of LE's questioning of GP and BL re: the domestic violence report:
i-can-still-hear-her-voice-arches-park-ranger-warned-gabby-petito-relationship-seemed-toxic-brian
I thought she was more compassionate toward GP on the video but wasn't the lead officer
Omg.
If you look at the YouTube of the van bloggers who found the van in their video.
It looks like there’s a hand gun on the books on the floor at side of the sandals.
Holy crap!

I apologise if you cannot post this, will someone let me know if your not allowed and I will delete right away.

Thanks.
I thought a book with something on it . I went with a eyeglass case... but now that you mention it ..could look like that also

Hello everyone. Like many, I've been following this heartbreaking story.
If this article is credible, which I think it is, Gabby was either impaired or deceased by Aug. 26, never making it to Teton National Park alive. My apologies if it has already been posted and discussed, as I can't seem to keep up with this thread.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

... Schultz said she saw the van on Aug. 26, when she and her Blue Heeler, Rosie, were headed to a dispersed campsite to meet with Schultz’s friends. As Schultz pulled around the van, she decided to check out who was inside to see if they were people who would want to chat or join their group...
Schultz said that what was unusual about the van during the second sighting was that there were no indications that anyone was camping there — and it was not in a designated parking spot. Normally, parked campers will do things like put out a hammock or table, or open a window, Schultz said.

I don’t know if this as been posted but my god WOW.

So he actually did return home on the 1st September, neighbours saw him and said he went on a bike ride with his mum around the neighbourhood , doing repairs in the garage with the father and mowed the grass and acted like it was just a normal day and acted like nothing was wrong.

It's tricky because his head and stance are at different angles in the 2 pics. That can alter the way the nose and ears appear. I think the fact that it's the same backpack is interesting, also that he's still in Florida, which if he's walking seems reasonable. I'm guessing the FBI has pretty good equipment to evaluate the photos though.
BBM

I have compiled pics of every pack I can find in their possession and put them all here to compare. The only one I have been able to successfully source is the daypack that he is wearing in the bodycam footage and that is also pictured underneath the smaller whitish bag (with maybe pinkish strokes?) that is in the front seat of the van. The pack that can be seen from the back of the van in the bodycam footage is the only one that I think resembles the bag the person on the trail cam is carrying, but I don't see anything that really confirms it for me.

Regarding your second point, yes, this would place him still in Florida, but it's also 500 miles from the starting point.

Attachments

• packs.jpg
    packs.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 88
Why wouldn't she have just asked for help from the cop who separated them?
I wondered this too but I tried to put myself in the shoes of a young woman alone with a male police office (at first). And since we’ve not heard of her being in any previous legal trouble, I’m going to assume she had very little interaction with LE and was scared. She had no idea what would happen and may have looked to Brian as her security “blanket”. Even if the relationship was toxic, it was familiar to her. Moo

Something that has been bothering me.

We originally heard that the last message the mom received was on Aug. 30th talking about bad cell coverage in 'Yosemite'.

The warrant said the last message was on Aug. 27th talking about 'Stan'. Curious why the 'Yosemite' message on the 30th was not included in the warrant and why the switch to thinking the last time the phone sent a message was the 27th 'Stan' message.

Why did we hear about the August 30th message as the last time someone heard from 'the subject'. Seems odd to me.

I cannot speak for Gabby, but, I can share my own experience & why I did not ask for help in a similar situation.

During a traffic stop, after a witness reported that my husband hit me in the face, I did not deny what happened, but I also downplayed the situation because I felt it was my fault that it escalated to that level. My husband had convinced me in the past that my behavior & the way I interacted with him made him lose his temper. He led me to believe that I had emotional issues & was unstable, so I truly believed I wasn't careful enough with my words in our disagreement & that it was my fault that I made him lose control.

Instead of asking for help or making plans to leave him, I made excuses for him. Being newly married, I was also embarrassed for anyone to find out, not to mention that I could wrap my head around where I'd go or what I would do if we separated.

So, I let them haul him to jail that night, did not ask for help, did not press charges, & stayed with him.

That just about sounds like what Gabby did, she was apologetic for being 'so mean' to BL. No way to know what he put her through emotionally

Has he referred to it as that recently? As in, since her body was found? Odd. Any chance he meant Brian?

Yeah I posted while I'm listening to them live. I understand they don't want to accuse anyone of murder but he kept saying we don't know how she died so it is still a missing persons case. Now the investigator is going over the "legal" definition of Person of Interest (which doesn't exist). I may be way over-reacting, I just can't believe the leniency BL has gotten this whole time from EVERYONE (except posters here, obviously).

A graphic designer who was at the Bridger-Teton National Forest in late August may have been the key to authorities finding the body over the weekend. The grim discovery turned a high-profile missing-person’s case into a potential murder mystery, with a nomadic “van-life” couple at the center.

Jessica Schultz says she alerted the FBI about a strange man she says she had encountered driving a van in the area and “acting weird” days after Petito was last seen alive.
Gabby Petito Tipster Recalls Guy in Van ‘Acting Weird’ Near Camping Area Where Body Was Found
Wow, so this is significant. If he was acting weird and alone on the 26th, maybe we are all wrong about her death happening between the 27th and 30th. It changes all my thinking, honestly. The text to GP's mom on the 27th... was that one of the suspicious ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member