Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is controversial; sure. But it’s just my opinion. I think with the incident with the body cam video she was more at fault/the “aggressor” than he was. In that specific situation. Overall; no. But as I’ve said before: hindsight is 20/20. None of us were there.
Please remember that the dashcam video is just words. It is not a video of what happened. In order to have a better idea of what happened you have to view those words through the lens of an abused woman and an abuser.

They did have the advantage of the information that the male was seen slapping the female which they ignored.
Idk Ik its not a popular opinion but I thought given the circumstances the cops handled it well, particularly the cop whose body camera we see the video from. I think many are falling for the hindsight 20/20 effect, what the officers only knew at the moment was that it was a young couple who got into a bad fight that started to get physical, it happens all the time when people get so fed up they gets handsy its hard to predict that it would eventually result in a homicide...

<modsnip>

I never meant to imply her project wasn’t important to her. I believe it was. I just know from experience that in order to gain a following it requires more than one video post.

It’s a lot of work to be an “influencer” like she seemingly aspired to be. Daily posts. Even multiple daily posts.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone else has said this but, the item in the brown paper bag is a sponge IMO.

It might well be!

It's that kinda shape for sure which is why I thought it might be a hand scrubbing brush - although I have no idea why they'd take something like that for evidence, UNLESS he used it to scrub clean the van!?!?

This is the shape it looks to me:

Screenshot_20210926_214327.jpg

A sponge is a very good idea.

I believe they may have Gone to the house to tell BL parents that they were concluding the search of the reserve.
Ultimately I believe they will find him close to home. At the very least somewhere familiar. I don’t believe he is actually running, but rather hiding out. Although many have speculated about passports and crossing borders, the legalities of jurisdictions and the meaning of the warrant, (all good points) this will boil down to what someone does when they panic. Attempt an alibi, flee the scene in the victims car, use credit cards knowing there are cameras everywhere, make a b line for a familiar place. EIther come clean to the people you most trust, or try to concoct a believable story that exonerates you. Get a head start sure but by the time you’re rolling the whole planet is looking for you. hunker-down until you can come up with your next move. I believe BL was already aware of the heat and instinct would have been to find the closest hiding spot. Where would you hide if you had little time until LE would be knocking at your door.

Gabby Petito case: Florida cowboy says 'no surviving' swamp where police are searching for Brian Laundrie

Florida cattle rancher Alan McEwen has spent nearly every day of the last 30 years navigating the woods where Brian Laundrie is suspected of hiding and says it's not conducive to habitation.

"There’s no surviving out here, I don’t know how to say it," McEwen told Fox News Digital.

Laundrie’s survival skills have been at the center of conversation since the 23-year-old’s parents first reported him missing Friday, Sept. 17, just two days after he was declared a person of interest in the disappearance of his fiancée, Gabby Petito. The couple were traveling across the country in the weeks leading up to Petito's death.

McEwen, who has been assisting North Port Police Department in searching the preserve for signs of Laundrie, remains doubtful the Youtuber has what it takes to make it more than a couple of days in the swamp-like reserve.

"I’ve been in the woods in and out all my life … I have learned a lot in my life, and one thing I know is no one is gonna survive out there for two weeks on foot," McEwen said.

I agree.

I noted that Gabby had spoken with her parents. From what I remember, the words were vague to if this already happened, was still going on, or was just in the didn't get done pile.

I know that when doing crisis work, having been told they had already contacted their parents would have been a sign of the couple having good supports. In my opinion, strangers had reason to alert the authorities and did. Whatever they saw was scary.

This couple was so young and fresh faced, even though having been in a toxic pattern for years! Deceptively simple.[/
lizzied said:

“GP had also spoke to her parents during that stop, said to LE 'it was the first time' for this type of behavior.”

It was not t the first time for this behavior though, and it’s important to keep in mind that she was likely trying to minimize the situation, and consequently not been entirely truthful with LE. Her friend Rose Davis recounted several instances of abusive behavior from Brian, emphasizing one where Brian stole Gabby’s ID so that she couldn’t go out dancing with her friend. She mentioned that they had a fight that reminded her of the fight they had during the Moab incident body cam footage. She added that Gabby had come to spend the night at her place from 7-10 times in the past year due to instances where Brian had instigated arguments. She also noted that Brian didn’t support Gabby in the work she had she wanted to do.

They did have the advantage of the information that the male was seen slapping the female which they ignored.
I don’t think they had that report. When you listen to what they say they keep referring to the report that shows GP getting into the van, scratching him.

Idk Ik its not a popular opinion but I thought given the circumstances the cops handled it well, particularly the cop whose body camera we see the video from. I think many are falling for the hindsight 20/20 effect, what the officers only knew at the moment was that it was a young couple who got into a bad fight that started to get physical, it happens all the time when people get so fed up they gets handsy its hard to predict that it would eventually result in a homicide...
No, I think that officer who was palling up with Brian and showing his bias by telling Brian that he too had had a toxic wife and laughed when Brian called GP crazy was showing his bias big time. He examined Brian for marks and even though, the caller had said the male was slapping the female did not examine her for marks. Totally unprofessional.

I guess we can guess til the cows come home, but we may never know what's in the freaking bag, lol. If it turns out to be evidentiary we may learn about it if it was important in nailing the murderer or finding Brian or both. JMO

IMO Gabby wasn’t going to just “do” what a therapist or anyone else told her to do. Gabby would do what she wanted to as she felt in her relationship. (“She saw everyone as if they could do no wrong…” paraphrased from her memorial service.)

There are plenty of turbulent relationships that last, despite everyone around the couple begging them to separate. A lot of severely battered spouses do not press charges, survive and stay together. (I’m certainly not saying that this is right, but it happens… a lot.)

On a scale of 1 (mild) to 10 (severe) this DV traffic stop was probably a 2 in severity. No one could predict that her death by homicide was coming.

* Last post from me on the traffic stop.

I don’t think they had that report. When you listen to what they say they keep referring to the report that shows GP getting into the van, scratching him.
That was from the second caller who saw the end of the fight. The first caller who recorded the number plate said the male was slapping the female. They left that out.

Leaving a narcissist is the most dangerous thing a woman has to do. So Gabby would have needed to be advised not to tell Brian that she wanted to leave. You have to do it so that they don't know what you're planning or when you're going.

MOO: This potential scenario keeps running through my mind, related to the aftermath of the TexMex: "Brian, That was the last straw. I can't have you keep making a scene at the restaurants and other places we go. That's going to ruin my blog and YouTube business if someone posts a video of you doing that. If told you that before and you keep doing it. I'm done with this; this relationship, this trip, this whole mess. Let's pack up in the morning and head back to Florida." That would likely have triggered a huge episode and response from BL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii