Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised you say that. This is a guy who has spent months tooling around the US in a van, and prior to that, hiked the AT. Despite his other flaws, he seems exceptionally comfortable outdoors. Compared to most of us, who wouldn't care to spend months in a tent or van.

I believe that's true. I don't consider him a "survivalist," just a guy who loves the outdoors. I'm not of the opinion that he's killed himself, but facing a lifetime indoors behind bars would probably freak him out.

If someone bought a burner phone at Walmart, could the store give some kind of record as to the number on the phone? Are there any kinds of records on the phone?

the rules are different in aus where i live compared to the usa for prepaid phones, all prepaid phones here must show 100 points of ID to purchase/activate, i don't believe this to be the case in the usa? hence why they call them burner phones

I think it was one month in the van and then, mostly at tourist spots and the AT seems incredible to me, as he describes it, living on peanut butter cookies.
The couple left in early July for this trip that ended at the end of August, and had done a trip the prior year, and he had hiked the AT. Tourist spots or not, they weren't staying in resorts. They were staying in that little van, or in a tent, and tooling around hiking. Gabby spent significant time setting up backdrops for her videos, hoping to turn it into a lucrative job, but it appears to me all he wanted to do was commune with nature and hike.

I may have misunderstood the first part of your comment so, apologies if I read it wrong. I was just going to point out that I don’t believe the Laundries are being absolutely raked over the coals in the media/on social media simply because of what ppl think their son did. I believe, & this is JMO, that they are being raked over the coals for how they’ve handled the situation themselves. For not returning Gabby’s parent’s phone calls when they were terrified that they couldn’t find their daughter - them knowing all along she was at least missing or worse, for not cooperating with police to help find her, etc. IMO they aren’t being roasted in the media because of BL. They’re getting roasted because of their handling of the whole situation. But like I said that is strictly JMO.
Which I mentioned might be a confusion over phone numbers, IE: they may have given out a landline number or VOIP which does not receive texts. And I was not responding to you personally. I am responding to the posts that go on about alternative realities. So no worries. MOO I am about to go graze on grass this is so getting to me.

Question. If two people each have a burner phone and call back and forth can those calls be traced by the FBI?

Remember this?
The FBI was behind an encrypted phone company that spied on criminals worldwide

“Criminal organizations around the world thought they were using the latest, most exclusive encrypted cellphone technology available to conduct business away from the prying eyes of law enforcement. Instead, they were unwitting customers of a service that was secretly created by FBI agents and federal prosecutors in San Diego.

The fake company, called ANØM, marketed itself on a slick public-facing website, featuring a black cellphone equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.

Some 9,000 law enforcement officers in 18 countries around t
he world were involved in the operation, which Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison called “a watershed moment in Australian law enforcement history” that will echo around the world.”

The FBI intercepted tons of messages this way and caught a lot of criminals. Hopefully they have a new version of it that BL has bought into :)

The couple left in early July for this trip that ended at the end of August, and had done a trip the prior year, and he had hiked the AT. Tourist spots or not, they weren't staying in resorts. They were staying in that little van, or in a tent, and tooling around hiking. Gabby spent significant time setting up backdrops for her videos, hoping to turn it into a lucrative job, but it appears to me all he wanted to do was commune with nature and hike.

Has anyone confirmed that he hiked the AT or is that assumption based on what he has told people?

Yes, but 4-5 miles in North Port with all the twists and turns... many of their roads are not direct...can easily be 15 or 20 minutes away. I lived there for 10 years and would consider these 3 places on opposite sides of town.

This minor detail in no way changes the incident report, that it was filed, the location it was filed in, and who it involved, doesn't it? I explained why I wrote that subjective comment about the distance. To me, that distance isn't across town. The statement was 100% me, not the report, so I'm not understanding how the distance matters for the fact that the report exists and it contains the facts of where it was located.

Last edited:
We will have to agree to disagree about how much of it was survivalist.

Can anyone please confirm the name of the street or road where police found the abandoned Mustang and ticketed it? I’m struggling to find that info but I know it’s out there.

Hmmm...I hadn't seen that before. I wonder where and by who Gabby was seen on the 30th. That would mean Brian drove home to FL in 24 hours? Wasn't it 10:30am when he was tagged taking the exit to North Port?

Here it is in another article published about 4 hrs ago
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

Fox News recently obtained the missing persons’ report for Petito, in which her mother, Nichole Schmidt, stated that her daughter was last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt wrote in the report that her Long Island home was a "probable destination."

But she never left Wyoming.

Has anyone confirmed that he hiked the AT or is that assumption based on what he has told people?
I think it's based on what people who know him know. So. The man's a murderer, I'm sure of that. I'm not trying to praise him. But I am recognizing that he's comfortable in the outdoors, and is willing to hike under conditions that aren't pleasant. I have spent time on the AT, and on other trails, (not a thru hiker though, at ALL) and this guy looks like a thru hiker. Not an ounce of fat on him, faded, neutral clothing, ready to camp.

yeah they said the departments not, doesn't mean the FBI isn't

there was a shooting last night in the area, could be related

Yup, didn't ask the right agency, but we all know the FBI ain't saying nothing. That is a nice catchy statement they give.

Thanks for the location :cool:

I had a chat with my VSP investigator neighbor tonight about the chopper search. He said is pretty normal to search between 11:30PM and 1:00 am when using infra and stinger (Stingray) less people moving around and less cell traffic. He also shared stingrays are used frequently in Virginia.

Moo

I believe that's true. I don't consider him a "survivalist," just a guy who loves the outdoors. I'm not of the opinion that he's killed himself, but facing a lifetime indoors behind bars would probably freak him out.
You don’t need to be a ‘survivalist’ if you have a head start in mid-temps. JMO. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill