Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first read that I was thinking that it isn't an accurate statement, but then I remembered that I am old and didn't grow up in an era when I could stay inside all day all alone and still be connected to the entire world. When I was that age everyone I knew had friends. There weren't very many people sitting alone in the cafeteria. But I think these days there are a lot of lonely people mistaken internet friends as true friends. I am not saying that you can't have real and deep friendships online, just that maybe its possible that many young males might not have that.
That's an aspect I had not taken into consideration in the spur of the moment, I appreciate that insight.

And different cultures, too, play a part.. Where I am, some horror murders a woman and immediately a whole cricket team stands around saying 'err aghh, but Cheez whiz he is a great bloke '.. it never fails, and is endlessly infuriating .

When I first read that I was thinking that it isn't an accurate statement, but then I remembered that I am old and didn't grow up in an era when I could stay inside all day all alone and still be connected to the entire world. When I was that age everyone I knew had friends. There weren't very many people sitting alone in the cafeteria. But I think these days there are a lot of lonely people mistaken internet friends as true friends. I am not saying that you can't have real and deep friendships online, just that maybe its possible that many young males might not have that.

Even pre-internet, guys didn’t group socialize or individual socialize anywhere close to the levels as females. Girls do things together, as “we” or with BFFs. Guys are lone wolf or “whatever works” socially.

Does not explain why he used her credit cards and why he couldn't give her family an iota of info

I would have considered myself a strong scrappy girl at 24 when my then husband pushed me out of a rolling car. I told no one. If they had known, they would not have believed it from that "nice" guy. We had no visits to our home by LE and I didn't tell anyone what was happening in our home. I was embarrassed primarily because I was that strong scrappy girl. We don't know the dynamics between them for sure, but I can make an educated guess based on the fact that Gabby is no longer with us. IME
Good lord. :(

Just throwing this out there. It is not impossible his family knows someone with a private plane and he could have been flown to another part of the country to even into mexico with a couple fuel st0p's. I don't know much about planes so I am not sure how far they can fly on a tank of fuel and I am sure the size of the plane makes a difference in the size of the fuel tank. Where I live we have a fueling center at our airport that in not owned by the airport. I am wondering about connections they may have. Lots of people own planes.
MOO

I don't think you can dictate the topics unless it's something forbidden. Is DV a forbidden topic? Asking sincerely. Nobody's angry but there's unfortunately too much knowledge about DV because it's so prevalent. Obviously, more education needs to be done because some people still have not been able to acknowledge that GP was in fact being abused. If you are so over the topic, just scroll and roll. IMO.

It was JMO, in the heat of response I probably forgot to put JMO..

I haven't caught up with the thread yet, so I don't know if this has already been discussed. I saw an extended version of the interaction between GP, BL and LE when they interviewed them roadside.

Gabby was very emotional pleading with the officers to let them remain together. She didn't want to be separated from Brian. We all know that didn't happen and he spent the night in a hotel for free as victim of DV. Gabby was left with a van she didn't like to drive in an unfamiliar environment.

We've heard a lot of stories about Brian and his means to control Gabby. He has taken her ID to stop her from going out with her female friends for a night out. He has a habit of locking her out of the van. He has a habit of taking her keys. He always attempts to isolate her.

I can't even imagine the situations that occurred between the intervention by the cops and the day Brian left to go back to Florida.

Both of them seemed to be experiencing mental health crises. I have this horrible feeling that they fought many times during this period and Brian, true to form, took control of the van and left Gabby alone, extremely upset and took off.

How long he stayed away is unknown but what if when he returned Gabby wasn't there? What if she had been left for a couple of days, not knowing where he was, when he was coming back and without any means of survival? What if she died of dehydration? What if she inflicted wounds on her own body in her agony? What if he found her lifeless body and just left her there? Murder doesn't necessarily mean someone laid their hands on someone. Malice aforethought can also mean indifference to life.

Everything BL has done since his return to Florida reflects a level of guilt. Whether that is from actually murdering his girlfriend or just leaving her to stew in her own juices for an unknown period of time ends up with the same results. She's not here anymore.

very possible. There was a lot of interaction between the Laundries and the police including two police visits to their house before GP was reported missing. What would that be all about? Maybe BL was suicidal or were they doing something that allowed them to get info from police that allowed them to hide BL or send him away where he couldn't be found?

Police called to Laundrie home twice the day before Gabby Petito was reported missing

ETA - BL had 2 phones in Moab after claiming to not have a phone and trying to take GP's phone. Then he got a new AT&T phone on the 4th and maybe a burner on the 14th? What is on those phones???

And GP's phone is missing...

Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie investigation: 2 phones seen in police body cam video from Utah incident

I try not to do this, but my life is crazy right now so it’s hard to read everything before jumping in. I have a theory of why Berto. is seemingly discrediting the sister by releasing info that contradicts what we thought we knew about her. I apologize if someone else has suggested this, but I haven’t been able to read the thread. Is it possible that Bertolino is trying to discredit Cassie to keep her from speaking out, or to soften the blow if she does in fact break with her family and speak out against them?

That's an aspect I had not taken into consideration in the spur of the moment, I appreciate that insight.

And different cultures, too, play a part.. Where I am, some horror murders a woman and immediately a whole cricket team stands around saying 'err aghh, but Cheez whiz he is a great bloke '.. it never fails, and is endlessly infuriating .

Yep, almost everytime someone does something horrible there will be people saying, "I just can't believe that of them. They were just so nice, they even fed my cats when I was away once."

Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie Laundrie breaks silence on Gabby Petito case | ABC Exclusive

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE INTERVIEW WITH CASSIE LAUNDRIE

Question: So just tell us what you were saying, just your overall reaction to everything.

Cassie Laundrie: Obviously my family and I want Gabbie to be found safe. She’s like a sister and my kids love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and sound and that’s just a big misunderstanding.

Question: And how close have you all been over the years, you said.

Cassie Laundrie: The last couple of years Gabby has been in our lives and she’s been kind and fun and we’ve had a great time. My kids absolutely love it.

Question: And when you just heard the news just in general, so it’s gone and your brother is back here?

Cassie Laundrie: I don’t understand. As much as everyone else, I learn all about the news too.

Question: And you said that you spoke to the police because some people said okay with the family – on your side, you communicated with the police.

Cassie Laundrie: Yeah, I spoke to the police the second they called. I called them back right away. We were in Orlando on vacation with my kids to Disney. And we came back to it.

Question: And what is your hope right now with the rest of the world.

Cassie Laundrie: I hope she’s safe and unaware and safe.

Question: And you were saying in body camera terms just like you, you watched the body camera video – just kinda what was – knowing them, you were just saying sort of, nothing was crazy.

Cassie Laundrie: No, I couldn’t find anything in particular other than that it was just a regular spitting of couples gone wrong.

Question: And did the whole family know they were going to take this big road trip, how exciting – tell us about that.

Cassie Laundrie: Yeah, they talked about it for a while and they love to travel. They sent us postcards along the way. They really kept in touch with the kids via video chat and their phones and showed them all the sights because my boys love to travel too. They love all Utah sites and everything they send them.

Question: What did you think when you found out like YouTube videos and just, I mean, looks like they are having a good time.

Cassie Laundrie: Oh, yeah, I mean, what I’ve seen a lot of people say with the YouTube videos is that it was from their first trip and their current trip. They did it together as one thing to start their first leg of the journey.

Question: And so I guess the last time you saw our conversation with Gabby was before they left.

Cassie Laundrie: Me, other than FaceTime, yeah. Like the day before they left, they came to help me with the children because I had a pest control to come.

Question: Did they speak to family regularly during the trip?

Cassie Laundrie: Yeah, that sort of thing, yeah.

Question: And I guess if you are – what is it, just like his sister, the strangest thing for you about all of this, if you had to?

Cassie Laundrie: That I couldn’t talk to her. I wish I could talk to him.

Question: He just doesn’t want to tell anyone.

Cassie Laundrie: I know it’s because the lawyers, advising them not to say anything, I, I …

Question: In the meantime, it seems the world is looking for Gabby, and they’re all in the house and you’re trying to cooperate as best you can.

Cassie Laundrie: I have cooperated in any way I can. I would like to have information or give more. I, I, I … that’s all I got, that’s – I gave to the police.

Question: Have you spoken to Gabby’s family?

Cassie Laundrie: No one has contacted me and I’m not sure if it’s appropriate for me to contact them when this is all going on.

Question: What would you say to her family to let them know that you are …

Cassie Laundrie: Oh, we want her to come back safe too. It’s obvious what – she’s awesome. She’s cute. She loves my children, they made a set of them.

Question: And as a mom yourself I guess you probably can’t even imagine what …?

Cassie Laundrie: I … that’s obviously the most important thing as a parent is that you want to protect your children.

Question: Did the police say anything else about …?

Cassie Laundrie: No, I only had their initial questions and I wasn’t contacted and, and every time they want to get back to me, I’m waiting here for them to have my number.

Question: Did you know the van was back and you are …?

Cassie Laundry room: No.

Question: So you didn’t know he came back without the …?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he was home, because that’s what he did when he was – actually, I don’t mean that.

Questioner: No problem. No problem.

Cassie Laundrie: I think it’s more police stuff.

Question: Okay, uh, but is it like his behavior to go on a trip with her and then leave her somewhere like something like that has never been …?

Cassie Laundrie: No, I mean. No, nothing like this has ever happened before.

Question: But I’m saying he doesn’t really have one. Does he like the personality that he would?

Cassie Laundrie: No he’s very uh … he’s very. He always does the right thing, like in the body cam, he cooperates with the police, and he’s a wonderful uncle. He’s always been there when I need him. He’s, I mean, he’s been there whenever Gabby needed him.

Question: So when you saw the video, did it sound like just spit to you or did it sound like your brother, or, you know what I mean, is that right?

Cassie Laundrie: It sounds typical of the two of them, every time they fight they take a little break and come back and be fine, because that’s what you do as a couple – sit together in mountains.

Question: Anything else you want to say from your perspective, or pretty much about the big picture, like you said, you’ve watched it all unfold day by day and more and more attention is being paid and it seems like the whole world is wondering where she is?

Cassie Laundrie: I don’t think so, I don’t think so, I just obviously want her to come back as bad as everyone else I don’t, I wish I could help and be the person to be that. I do not know.[/QUOTE]

I haven't caught up with the thread yet, so I don't know if this has already been discussed. I saw an extended version of the interaction between GP, BL and LE when they interviewed them roadside.

Gabby was very emotional pleading with the officers to let them remain together. She didn't want to be separated from Brian. We all know that didn't happen and he spent the night in a hotel for free as victim of DV. Gabby was left with a van she didn't like to drive in an unfamiliar environment.

We've heard a lot of stories about Brian and his means to control Gabby. He has taken her ID to stop her from going out with her female friends for a night out. He has a habit of locking her out of the van. He has a habit of taking her keys. He always attempts to isolate her.

I can't even imagine the situations that occurred between the intervention by the cops and the day Brian left to go back to Florida.

Both of them seemed to be experiencing mental health crises. I have this horrible feeling that they fought many times during this period and Brian, true to form, took control of the van and left Gabby alone, extremely upset and took off.

How long he stayed away is unknown but what if when he returned Gabby wasn't there? What if she had been left for a couple of days, not knowing where he was, when he was coming back and without any means of survival? What if she died of dehydration? What if she inflicted wounds on her own body in her agony? What if he found her lifeless body and just left her there? Murder doesn't necessarily mean someone laid their hands on someone. Malice aforethought can also mean indifference to life.

Everything BL has done since his return to Florida reflects a level of guilt. Whether that is from actually murdering his girlfriend or just leaving her to stew in her own juices for an unknown period of time ends up with the same results. She's not here anymore.

The coroner said her cause of death was homicide. That would not be the case if Gabby died of thirst or exposure.

Just throwing this out there. It is not impossible his family knows someone with a private plane and he could have been flown to another part of the country to even into mexico with a couple fuel st0p's. I don't know much about planes so I am not sure how far they can fly on a tank of fuel and I am sure the size of the plane makes a difference in the size of the fuel tank. Where I live we have a fueling center at our airport that in not owned by the airport. I am wondering about connections they may have. Lots of people own planes.
MOO

Lots of charter planes available in Florida. You don’t need friends to hire them just $$$$. No significant screening of passengers (No TSA, etc) when flying private. Customs and Passport control are required if flying internationally but VIP expedited. “Smuggler’s Blues” under the radar to avoid authorities is another thing all together … and for that they would have to know some shady or sympathetic people.

I guess the debate about whether DV occurred in this relationship will continue until there's a resolution to the case, but I have to say that every additional pc of evidence that has come out has only made him look more & more abusive, IMO.

DV doesn't have to be physical for it to cause harm (or for it to be illegal). (My partner wasn't physical with me till our 9th year, but he was abusive long before that.) There's reported historical behaviour on the part of BL in numerous articles that, if true, IMO, is abusive & controlling, including:

- stealing her id so she couldn't go out with her friend
- not wanting her to work
- numerous fights where she would have to leave the residence & stay with a friend
- BL forcing her to remove a safety tracking app on her phone, for her friend to be able to find her

This is the little bit we know, & combined with the traffic stop & her death, it's enough for me to not really engage in any doubt or thought experiments about it. JMO

Last edited:
Anderson Cooper has a reporter that is standing in front of BL's parents house. She is reporting that there have been sighting's of BL in Boone (County) NC. Has this already been discussed?

LE has been notified and also she said that the FBI was notified early this morning. How reliable is this information?

Or a friend who will let him stay at their house. All he has to do it get to one friend or relative in an untraceable way. Pretty simple actually.

Who wants to take a chance on harboring a fugitive. If the "harborer" says s/he did not know of his fugitive status, that'll be a tuff one for LE to believe, IMO.

Re Harboring:

1827. Harboring -- Applicable Statutes

This chapter covers the two statutes in Title 18 which criminalize the harboring of fugitives from justice. These statutes are 18 U.S.C. § 1071 (concealing a person from arrest) and 18 U.S.C. § 1072 (concealing an escaped prisoner). Other related statutes which are not discussed in this chapter include 18 U.S.C. §§ 751 - 757 (the escape and rescue provisions), and 18 U.S.C. §§ 1073 - 1074 (flight to avoid prosecution or giving testimony provisions).

Section 1071 makes it an offense to harbor or conceal any person for whose arrest a warrant or process has been issued, so as to prevent the fugitive's discovery and arrest, after having notice or knowledge that a warrant or process has been issued for the fugitive's apprehension. An offender is subject to imprisonment for not more than one year, unless the warrant or process was issued on a felony charge, or after conviction of the fugitive of any offense, in which case the offender faces a maximum term of imprisonment of five years.

----------------------------------------------------
More here:
1827. Harboring -- Applicable Statutes

Anderson Cooper has a reporter that is standing in front of BL's parents house. She is reporting that there have been sighting's of BL in Boone (County) NC. Has this already been discussed?

LE has been notified and also she said that the FBI was notified early this morning. How reliable is this information?

Old news.

SBM

Her body was found a relatively short distance from a well-maintained, heavily traveled gravel road. If Brian took the van and left her there, she could have reached other people and help easily. And suicide has been ruled out by the autopsy, her death was the result of homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill