Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what does this mean in regards jurisdiction? Where will the case be held. Also, if this a fed case, why was the ME not a fed (or where they)?

The feds did bring an ME in. I do not know his official title. A lot of the answers to the questions you ask can be found by reading through the media and timeline thread

I try to keep up with the threads but, life and time difference.
I do wonder if BL left with Cassie from the camping trip?
I can’t shake the feeling he’s holed up somewhere with a family member (or somewhere they could visit) and the whole Mustang / Reserve distraction was to buy time and divert attention. Purposefully get the ticket to corroborate the story.
JMO.
Same problem here with keeping up with the threads.

A thought I've had is if he stopped to visit her before he went to his parents, could he have left things there that might be beneficial to law enforcement's investigation.

I wonder if they got a search warrant for her home?

(If it's true that he stopped in on the 1st).

I believe in Federal Court in Cheyenne Wyoming, but we need a lawyer to explain better than I. Alethea???Where are you? jmo

Hello, yes you are right. The Federal District of Wyoming has jurisdiction. He will be extradited to Wyoming whenever he is captured. I don't think there are federal medical examiners since murder is usually a state level crime and state medical examiners will have plenty of experience over something like murder.

There is likely a federal grand jury now empaneled but they are secret by law. The feds will likely want the final autopsy results for the GJ. There is no real rush to get murder charges since there is a federal arrest warrant out for his arrest already. The feds will likely take the time before he is caught to collect and analyze as much evidence as they can.

Having one or two or three arrest warrants out doesn't really matter - you can't get double or triple arrested. You can get charged with more than one crime but that doesn't happen until you are arrested anyway.

But they are concerned and want him found? words say one thing actions say another. He lived with them for 2 years and they didn't have anything they could use?
I'm not sure Brian lived with Gabby's family at any time? But in that the van was Gabby's and Brian had recently been in it, I'm sure the contents would have his scent.

Lots of reasons to take the van, huh?

Possibly Never find Gabbie?
Shelter and food for himself?
Quick ride home?
slow down the search for Gabbie?
Keep himself from hitchhiking?
Opportunity to wipe the van clean of evidence?
Throw evidence away while traveling across country?
Not have to put out money for air fare or other means of transportation?
Way to be On the move in case LE starts rapidly hunting for him?
Alone time to gather his thoughts?
His belongings to survive in the wilderness were in it?

Do we know for a fact that BL drove the van all the way back to FL?

He stated he hit the curb because Gabby grabbed the wheel, he actually said it a few times, just drive home his point that it couldn't be his own fault.
He did. I thought his version was less physically involved than hers.

Regarding hiding along the AT and the comparison to Eric Robert Rudolph.

It is believed that Rudolph was able to hide for 5 years because he had a lot of help. That area of N.C. was his home turf. It is likely that he was living under someone's roof and being supplied with food and clothing.

BL isn't likely to have that kind of support.

Actually no, the odds of her being found were very low in the beginning.

Yep, let's face it if the Youtuber didn't drive by at that time, we could still be looking for Gabby, not much longer there will be snow. Makes you wonder was he working towards his quickly thrown together plans, then here comes the family in the RV. It could have been the impetus for him to bail.

Lots of reasons to take the van, huh?

Possibly Never find Gabbie?
Shelter and food for himself?
Quick ride home?
slow down the search for Gabbie?
Keep himself from hitchhiking?
Opportunity to wipe the van clean of evidence?
Throw evidence away while traveling across country?
Not have to put out money for air fare or other means of transportation?
Way to be On the move in case LE starts rapidly hunting for him?
Alone time to gather his thoughts?
His belongings to survive in the wilderness were in it?

BBM -

I think that's a big one (throw away evidence away in places across the country).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine