Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the one and only reason his lawyer isn’t discounting a possible connection to the murders of the newlyweds is because it potentially ties in a third party as perpetrator, aka reasonable doubt as to who perpetrated whatever it is that’s happened to Gabby
That or they are gearing up to blame Gabby for everything, a la Chris Watts.

Its not confusing if you remove Yosemite from the scenario completely. Yosemite is a complete red herring IMO. We have one text that mentions it and the veracity of that text being from her is questionable.

If LE starts searching in Yosemite, I will reverse my statement. But I am not in fear of contradiction. For there to be a nexus, there has to be more than one text as proof. What else is there?
MOO

Well, Gabby's girlfriend said she had plans to meet Gabby at Yosemite. HOWEVER, that's just according to what written in the NY Post and, according to other posts, here, other media says Yellowstone. The girlfriend saying Yosemite and Gabby's mother saying Yosemite kind of makes it sound like it's Yosemite. That said, Yellowstone makes more sense because it was close to where G&B were. We have no way of knowing, anyway, so are stuck waiting on the release of cell phone data. I hope it's coming soon.

I just think there’s no telling. My hope is that BL’s family convinces him to sing, but there’s no way to gauge if this pressure will convince them to do that.

There are just a lot of things we don’t know.

This media attention is not going anywhere though, as this is a massive national story. Even local newscasts in Massachusetts are airing stories on it, and I imagine that’s the same across the country.
Yes!! Even Lauren is posting about Gabby.

"Laundrie traveled to Florida by plane on August 17-23. "

I did find that interesting.. For instance i don't understand why he wouldn't abandon the van and fly home if a murder took place. Seems a better cover story could be made that way. This stands out even more to me considering he had flown during the trip previously but maybe that extra expense factor comes into play and he couldn't afford another flight. That is assuming ofcourse a crime committed.
Going back to that van: were it abandoned, the proximity of the van would be the first place (or one of the very first) areas LE would search for G. Maybe he didn't want that, if, say, he had some kind of evidence to hide in that area. Taking the vehicle to FLA., however, and refusing to answer questions, puts LE in the position of not being able to narrow down where to start grid searches.

Sometimes people handle stress by giving it all to someone else to handle. Very very common. Bloodsuckers who come to visit, soak up all your sympathy and then leave you a bundle of nerves while they are rejuvenated. He blames her for everything, even his dangerous, illegal driving. she was too sensitive to recognize the blame he was dumping on her day after day.........and tell him to buzz off.
He's not the only one that blames her for his "dangerous, illegal driving." @timestamp 50.20, the female cop states that Gabby said she was distracting him by hitting him, and that it was her fault he swerved."

If I remember correctly she also had marks on her neck. Police didn't check for other marks like they did with Brian, though. I wish they had questioned her more about it.

Grabbing someone by the face or neck to push them away seems odd. I would think one would take someone by the arms or shoulders to push them back.

It is odd. It’s the action someone takes when they feel someone is worthless. Or at the least they want the other person to feel worthless. It shows a lot of antipathy. Not a happy couple.

Just MOO, but I think BL's behavior is that of a completely terrified person. The indescribable abandonment of a person well known to thousands of people and most recently - the police? A beeline for his home base and family despite the police knowing his identity and personal information? This guy didn't go on the run, he headed to his family and a location easily found. It just might be that these two people stumbled into something only HE managed to escape. Maybe...it wasn't something BETWEEN THEM. Maybe, it was something THAT SURROUNDED THEM.

If that’s the case, then his lawyer is very bad at his job. JMO

I just think there’s no telling. My hope is that BL’s family convinces him to sing, but there’s no way to gauge if this pressure will convince them to do that.

There are just a lot of things we don’t know.

This media attention is not going anywhere though, as this is a massive national story. Even local newscasts in Massachusetts are airing stories on it, and I imagine that’s the same across the country.

It’s making Australian news too! Missing 22-year-old missed meet-up with close friend

Just MOO, but I think BL's behavior is that of a completely terrified person. The indescribable abandonment of a person well known to thousands of people and most recently - the police? A beeline for his home base and family despite the police knowing his identity and personal information? This guy didn't go on the run, he headed to his family and a location easily found. It just might be that these two people stumbled into something only HE managed to escape. Maybe...it wasn't something BETWEEN THEM. Maybe, it was something THAT SURROUNDED THEM.

So why wouldn’t he share that with the police through his attorney? It makes no sense. He didn’t rush to his parents for comfort and security… he went home to where he and Gabby lived. If he was terrified of something that happened, he would be telling the cops. Besides, he doesn’t seem to be at his parents’ house anymore.

Mod Note:

Several posts have been removed for discussing whether Gabby is a victim. By WS standards, at this time Gabby is missing and nothing has been released by LE to state it is by her own choosing. Unless LE were to state otherwise, WS will treat her as a victim for having gone missing without it being an act of her own free will.

Hope that helps clear this up.

Tiff

Sorry if this is a repeat. I can't keep up!

Utah law enforcement experts believe finding Gabby Petito will be 'extremely difficult' (fox13now.com)
[...]

Gabby wasn’t reported missing until two weeks after the 22-year-old was last seen in Salt Lake City. The man who might know where she is, isn’t talking.

“Let’s just be clear. He looks guilty as hell,” said former Salt Lake Co. Sheriff and Moab Police Chief Jim Winder.

[...]

With Brian refusing to talk, physical evidence becomes critical. Winder believes investigators are heavily focused on the digital footprint the couple left behind, especially cell phones.

“Until there is some physical evidence, to point in that direction, this thing can linger for a long time,” Winder said.

[...]
I think people who were in the area, in the Tetons from say the 25th to the 30th, they are going to go back and search their minds, search their videos and they will be looking at their pictures to see if there is anything there that helps them,” said Bertram.

The FBI said no piece of information is too small or inconsequential. They’re asking anyone with pictures, video or information about Gabby to let them know.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about the case to contact the FBI's tip line at 1-800-CALLFBI(225-5324).

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Just to clarify in case there is any confusion or misunderstanding, all missing persons are considered the victim at Websleuths. People do not have to be deceased to be considered a victim.

"Laundrie traveled to Florida by plane on August 17-23. "

I did find that interesting.. For instance i don't understand why he wouldn't abandon the van and fly home if a murder took place. Seems a better cover story could be made that way. This stands out even more to me considering he had flown during the trip previously but maybe that extra expense factor comes into play and he couldn't afford another flight. That is assuming ofcourse a crime committed.

I keep seeing posts on him having left. Do you know where this was reported?

If I remember correctly she also had marks on her neck. Police didn't check for other marks like they did with Brian, though. I wish they had questioned her more about it.

Grabbing someone by the face or neck to push them away seems odd. I would think one would take someone by the arms or shoulders to hold them back.

I see nothing about any marks on Gabby in the police report, nor did I hear it in the police video. I just rechecked the police report.

Not to be nit picky by any means, but for factual sake in case it matters, it’s the FBI that has asked that the family not share more about the relationship. They have not said why they’ve made that request yet that I’ve seen.
Oh right, the police chief did say it was the FBI that asked the family no to share more about the relationship. That is a more accurate account of the communication between the family and law enforcement in the investigative phase. If I were to speculate on why they asked the family to not speak more of the relationship it would be because they are building a case against the young man.

From a public facing view, it is very clear to me that there is more to the story than is being said. I am sure that is probably true in just about every public reported event, but for some reason I have a sense that what is not being said is much more relevant than what is being said. I guess that is what is driving me to want to talk about these events out loud!

It definitely seems like both parties are tiptoeing around something, and its rather disturbing. I can only imagine that while the focus is on finding Gabby, there may be something else connected to finding her that runs deeper than either family and perhaps Brian can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314