Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm - so how exactly would putting out a public message get to Brian? You are inferring that SB still has contact with his client, even though his client is on the run? Is that allowed? All your suggestion would do, is presumably, give the public something else with which to lambast them.
That was an example I gave that they could do if any of them are having contact. Again, respectfully, I think you’re missing the spirit of what I was saying and that’s fine but I’m not going to debate it further and take up thread space. :)

I’m so tired of RL/ChL, and even talking about them. There’s an obvious solution to our dozens of threads… they could issue a statement saying “Brian, we love you, we support you, but you need to come home and we will get through this together.” They could tell SB to pass that on to BL, they could tell BL that if they’re communicating in some way. Then they can support him all they want throughout the legal process. There wouldn’t have even been a strong case presumably without so much consciousness of guilt behavior after Gabby’s death.

I personally find using cover of night to remove posters of Gabby from their lawn despicable. They could also walk out to their lawn in daytime, disclose nothing to anyone but also say “we are so heartbroken over Gabby, we miss her too.”

JMO.

Great post! I just want to say that some people really don't know how to do the right and correct thing. It's not in them. I think we are witnessing this is in action. I think BL didn't know how to act, how to care, how to be supportive - he learned that behavior and was influenced by his role models. Joe Petito said it best, "you teach your kids to be a good person and when they've done wrong they own it". BL will never own what he's done that is wrong, he's running from it and he's been supported in that running, how much support has yet to be determined. JMO

I don’t think all people are the same or need to be. But people aren’t living on an island either. They’re part of a community. We want to know that in a crisis our neighbors would treat us with respect and compassion. I’m not understanding why this is a lot to ask. The Laundries don’t have to say one word about the specifics of the case. They could still act with respect and compassion. Heck, they could have answered Gabby’s parents and said “we don’t know what happened, we’re so sorry, we don’t think we should have any contact right now.” They could acknowledge the loss of Gabby as a human being whose life mattered whether they wanted their son to marry her or not.

If anyone here reading had a child go missing under the circumstances here, would you be okay with the behavior exhibited from your child’s SO’s parents? Or are we just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point until further news comes out?

JMO.
No, I would not be OK with it - I would find it extremely frustrating, but if the shoe was on the other foot? I just don't know. I wonder whether my maternal instinct to protect my own would override my sense of decency.

IDK, it just doesn’t make sense to me that she lived there for 2 years and left nothing in the home. Not a book, a single item of clothing, a hairbrush, nothing. I get that she didn’t have big furniture-type items, but they’re saying that everything Gabby used regularly over the past two years was neatly packed into that tiny van.
Didn’t CaL say that Brian moved his and Gabby’s things out of storage into BL’s parents’ home?
Seriously, and rhetorically, where’s her stuff?

We don’t know. That’s something between her family and BL’s

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

FBI statement regarding NC body: "The body discovered along the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday October 9, 2021, is part of an ongoing investigation. At this time, there is no evidence to connect or any reason to believe it is related to the search for fugitive Brian Laundrie."

Has the FBI described Brian as a fugitive before? I mean he IS, but I wasn't sure if he had been officially described that way.

According to the statement, dispatchers received a report at 1:14 p.m. Oct. 9 from a park visitor of a body below the Yadkin Valley Overlook at Milepost 289.9.

Law enforcement rangers located the body at 1:19 p.m.

This overlook is about 100 miles north of Asheville. The Blue Ridge Parkway stretches 469 miles from Shenandoah National Park in Virginia, passes through Asheville and Western North Carolina, ending at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

The cause of death is unknown at this time, and according to the statement, an investigation is underway by the NPS Investigative Services Branch with assistance from the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation.
National Park Service: Man found dead on Blue Ridge Parkway
Eta:
Interactive Parkway Map - Blue Ridge Parkway

Last edited:
From my link above:

The couple also refused to answer questions which included: 'Do you know where Brian's passport is?', 'Do you have anything to say about Gabby?', and 'A lot of the neighbors think you know more than you're saying?'

At one stage, Christopher said: "Just let me do it."

Sounds like he is talking to his wife about removing the baskets.

(Disrespectful laundry baskets)
By chance, do you know who was asking the questions? Was it the same people who were harassing CaL and her family?

Giving them a little bit of grace that they are not in a place where they are processing what is going on, angry about the protestors but why is having a memorial to your possibly future daughter-in-law in your yard a bad thing and something that needs to be removed?
Possibly because it identifies their property or would act as a beacon to lookyloos? Another possibility is that it is against HOA or other similar rules.

Well, not all people are the same. I did not have the in-laws phone numbers until the grandchildren arrived. I do not have (nor have I met) the respective parents of two of my childrens partners and they have been in a relationship for 3 or more years. All folks are different.

I agree with this. We don't know what type of relationship (if any) the families had with one another. Some folks are outgoing and others are introverts. I get the feeling BL might have grown up in a family that was introverts.

Until I know for sure what happened in the Laundrie household, I'm not going to judge the parents. Their lives have been forever changed and the hopes and goals they had for their son are gone. For all intents and purposes, like Gabby's family, they've lost a child. The biggest difference is that Gabby's family is adored and Brian's family is shunned. There's a reason WS doesn't let us sleuth them--and it's a good reason. I just wish other folks understood that rather than camping out across the street and hollering through bullhorns.

IDK, it just doesn’t make sense to me that she lived there for 2 years and left nothing in the home. Not a book, a single item of clothing, a hairbrush, nothing. I get that she didn’t have big furniture-type items, but they’re saying that everything Gabby used regularly over the past two years was neatly packed into that tiny van.
Didn’t CaL say that Brian moved his and Gabby’s things out of storage into BL’s parents’ home?

When I see the Moab video and the Youtube, I do not see any hiking clothing- no boots, nothing that looks abrasion resistant that I would rock climb in... flip flops and summer clothing- not even a long sleeve shirt to block the sun. Of course it was summer and they now live in FL. Sometimes when people move to FL the first thing they do is take their winter clothing to a Salvation Army or Good Will box... also they say something in the intro to the Youtube about "downsizing" into the van- did they dump (or sell like on Ebay?) most of their "stuff" before leaving on the trip? 31F overnight in Jackson Hole in August, I am thinking about a hat, vest, pants.... JMO.

Last edited:
That was an example I gave that they could do if any of them are having contact. Again, respectfully, I think you’re missing the spirit of what I was saying and that’s fine but I’m not going to debate it further and take up thread space. :)
Well, I suppose it would be a discussion topic for further threads if they did! :)

Giving them a little bit of grace that they are not in a place where they are processing what is going on, angry about the protestors but why is having a memorial to your possibly future daughter-in-law in your yard a bad thing and something that needs to be removed?

I don't think the memorial was put there to honor Gabby as much as it was to rub the situation in the Laundrie's face.

Gabby's mother has also asked "Where are her things?", so obviously nothing has been returned. What parent wouldn't want everything back. All they have left now are memories. For the Laundries not to return them is cruel and disgusting beyond belief.

Giving them a little bit of grace that they are not in a place where they are processing what is going on, angry about the protestors but why is having a memorial to your possibly future daughter-in-law in your yard, where she lived, a bad thing and something that needs to be removed? It comes across to me that they have a dislike for Gabby so they take down the memorial. It makes me wonder if they are blaming her for the situation they are in. It seems to be a continuation of the pattern of type of behavior we see from them. MOO

I found the identity of the female Park Ranger/Arches visitor and resource protection supervisor, though it admittedly doesn't do us any good unless other searches of her name turn up information we are not aware of. Here is a small bit we were unaware of:

"The two were questioned separately — body camera footage shows Arches visitor and resource protection supervisor Melissa Hulls speaking with Petito for over one hour.

“She had a lot of anxiety about being away from him,” Hulls told the Deseret News in an exclusive interview. “Because they were both compliant and apologetic and gave us stories that matched, we didn’t feel like either of them were trying to pull the wool over our eyes or be deceiving in any way. It made more sense to separate them for the night.”

Unsolved murders and Petito case leave dark cloud over Moab - Court TV

Just adding a bit more to your post:

Melissa Hulls has revealed that she warned Gabby that her relationship with BL seemed 'toxic' after responding to the 'possible domestic assault' incident. She said that as a female ranger, she has been trained to chat with women during suspected domestic abuse call-outs to try and get them to relax and open up. 'I was probably more candid with her than I should've been.

'I was imploring with her to re-evaluate the relationship, asking her if she was happy in the relationship with him, and basically saying this was an opportunity for her to find another path, to make a change in her life. With this one, I just don't think she understood how big a deal this was.'

Park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship seemed toxic after she was called to abuse incident | Daily Mail Online

Interesting. I wonder if it is a screenshot from facetime/snapchat or something like that?
Isn't that the day that she face-timed with Rose and said she'd call her on her birthday to make plans about a future meet-up, possibly in Yellowstone? Or was that communication earlier than the 27th? jmo

Brian Laundrie's parents use cover of night to remove laundry baskets and a Gabby Petito poster | Daily Mail Online

Video footage obtained exclusively by Fox News shows Christopher and Roberta Laundrie emerging from their Florida home on Sunday night to quickly clear their lawn and take a package from their mailbox.

The couple were seen picking up around 15 white plastic laundry baskets from their lawn after they were left there in protest. It appears to be a symbolic reference to protesters wanting the Laundrie family to air their dirty laundry and come clean with what they know about the case.

49015955-10079499-image-a-2_1633941294187.jpg

49015967-10079499-Christopher_62_and_Roberta_55_also_removed_a_poster_of_Petito_wi-a-6_1633941475252.jpg

49015343-10079499-image-a-4_1633941310614.jpg

Christopher, 62, and Roberta, 55, also removed a poster of Petito with the tagline 'Remember me? Gabby Petito. Roberta and Chris, I once lived with you!' from their lawn following a day of protests.

The couple also refused to answer questions which included: 'Do you know where Brian's passport is?', 'Do you have anything to say about Gabby?', and 'A lot of the neighbors think you know more than you're saying?' At one stage, Christopher said: 'Just let me do it.'

It comes after police hunting Laundrie, who is the lead person on interest in the disappearance and death of Petito, expressed doubts about the parents' claims that he left their home and went to a nature preserve.

A North Port police officer said there is 'a lot of oddness' about Laundrie's parents claims and admitted that part of their story 'just didn't make sense'.
bbm
Thanks for including this.
LE have now said officially that something is wrong with the parents' story.

And how sad it is for a caring person to have set up a memorial sign and photo of Gabby in her honor.
A kind and sweet gesture.
And BL's parents take it down ?
It was a beautiful picture and to remove it was disrespectful to Gabby's memory.
She was going to be their future daughter-in-law.
MOO.

Original MP report
Stephanie Pagones
@steph_pagones

·
22m

One month ago today, #GabbyPetito’s mother reported her daughter missing in Suffolk County, NY. The missing person report is included below. Authorities are still searching for her fiancé, #BrianLaundrie (deleted and reposted with proper redactions)

View attachment 316819
Thank you so much for posting the link to the original Missing Persons Report for Gabby! Notice that's where her mother listed that she had a "Capitol One Credit Card/Checking," which is important for the federal warrant against Brian.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/fba-a3rwqauk-wo-jpeg.316819/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member