Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laundrie family attorney Mr. Bertolino just texted: "Gabby Petito’s death at such a young age is a tragedy. While Brian Laundrie is currently charged with the unauthorized use of a debit card belonging to Gabby, Brian is only considered a person of interest in relation...
...to Gabby Petito’s demise. At this time Brian is still missing and when he is located we will address the pending fraud charge against him."

Her death being 3-4 weeks from the date she was found puts that the week of 8/22 or the week of 8/29. The 8/27-8/30 dates that we’ve all speculated about fall right in that time frame.

ETA: fixed typo.

I'm definitely a noob but how do you accidentally strangle someone? :confused:

Sometimes people will claim accidental strangulation happened during a consensual sexual act in which the victim requested to be strangled, but not killed.

Not saying ANYTHING about this case - just simply answering the question.

I’m guessing when he showed up at his parent’s house with her car and not her, he had scratches on his face and arms and that’s why the parents wouldn’t let LE talk to or see him, and that’s why they called the lawyer and got BL out of there.

The Coroner did mention that many others died during this time from domestic violence and didn’t get media attention which he said may be due to her having a blog. So…. to say this he must feel it was BL or something like DNA makes him believe this but he can’t give any specifics. Strangulation is a close contact death! Now, it makes me shiver thinking about the Moab cop asking if he hit her and after talking about the cheeks being squeezed, in the first released video she put one hand across her neck and said like this and then tears came!
This is sad news . I hope GP scratched the heck out of her killer and that DNA was found under her nails … if she had fingernails after being in the elements for 3 weeks.

I'm going speculate that BL used something like a rope, belt or cord to strangle her from behind. I had suggested weeks ago that BL perhaps did it in the van but I swear someone reported that Gabby and BL had set up camp across Spread Creek from where the van was parked and Gabby's body was found. Was this confirmed or was this speculation because there was a camp fire ring near where Gabby was found? I believe Gabby's stepfather mentioned this and so did the Daily Mail.

And I think he looked her directly in the eyes as he squeezed the life from her. IMO, this was a spontaneous act in the heat of passion during a raging argument that carried over from the incident in the restaurant.

MOO.

Strangulation, 3-4 weeks before the body was found (the 27th is right in the middle of that), not pregnant (a reasonable speculation since pregnancy increases risk for DV), and he said something about shining a light on other victims of domestic violence so I think he slipped and revealed he thinks it’s DV and, therefore, Brian who did it.

I hope that doesn't become an issue in the trial, if there ever is a trial.

Thanks for the link and quote !

What is this ??
S. Bertolino just issued a non-statement.

A 'tragedy' is when a person's car slips off an icy road and they're injured or worse.
As in no one's fault.

This was an unspeakable, vicious crime, pure and simple.
Call it what it is.
What a way to minimize what happened to Gabby. :mad:
MOO.

I remember liking a post way back when she was still missing, the OP said she bet he strangled her back at the campsite, and I agreed. Not a nice thing to get right, but it is so common a form of violence against women by an intimate partner - whether a long term partner or a stranger who has kidnapped and raped her.

If people recall, Gabby complained to police that he had grabbed her jaw and side of her face and squeezed really hard while they were arguing: it is a short step from there to grabbing her around the neck. So I don't think she ran away, I think they were talking or arguing or even having sex (some men choke women during sex). IMO the goal is definitely to 'shut her up'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86