Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DV slip up is interesting..........if a stranger strangled her it would just be murder. It wouldn't be considered to be domestic violence. Still, the autopsy doesn't reveal who the killer is, only investigators would know from other evidence that the killer was her domestic partner. jmo So, maybe dna from fingernail clippings and then, all the circumstantial evidence.

Legal eagles, @Alethea and friends, and LE among us—-
I’m looking at the WY statutes on coroner’s reports, and it reads to me (ETA: I am not in a legal profession) as though coroner’s reports are public by request. Am I missing something?
2020 Wyoming Statutes :: Title 7 - Criminal Procedure :: Chapter 4 - County Coroners :: Article 1 - In General :: Section 7-4-105 - Confidentiality of Reports, Photos and Recordings; Exceptions; Penalties.

This is from a different county but assume it falls under Wyoming law:

2. Are coroner files public record?

Public records and information are defined as of July 1st, 2011 by State statute. Cases that are under investigation, or in the process of adjudication, are not available as public information by Wyoming and Federal Statutes until those processes are complete. Medical records obtained by the coroner’s office are not subject to secondary release as restricted by Federal Law. Once a case has been closed and/or completed the judicial process, coroner dockets are public record by Wyoming Statute. See Statutes as referenced on the “Request for Records” page for details on what is or is not public record.

Laramie County.

I'm going speculate that BL used something like a rope, belt or cord to strangle her from behind. I had suggested weeks ago that BL perhaps did it in the van but I swear someone reported that Gabby and BL had set up camp across Spread Creek from where the van was parked and Gabby's body was found. Was this confirmed or was this speculation because there was a camp fire ring near where Gabby was found? I believe Gabby's stepfather mentioned this and so did the Daily Mail.
i dont think he would come up behind her, im more apt to believe they were aready argueng face to face and he took his hands and choked her to death, left her lay and walked off.

Just based on what I have read and learned here (Celina Cass murder): Was Gabby found placed on her back, as if resting, with her arms positioned (typical of a murder by an intimate), or was her body left haphazardly? And was she covered in some way, either with soil or fabric/clothing (also typical of killing by an intimate)?

Dr. Michael Baden saying that Gabby was rendered unconscious quickly and therefore suffered very little. A small mercy, but one I hope helps the family.

Question to anyone who can possibly answer.

Since SB is sticking by this whole he’s only wanted for fraud malarkey, if the FBI doesn’t now come out and upgrade the charges.. can we safely assume Brian is dead at that point?

IMHO, this was not an "OPPS!" I think he was mad to begin with, I think that they might have been together just one second too long, she made a comment and just like she described in the Moad tape with her hand to her chin, wrapped around her jawline, he did the same thing only dropped his hand to her neck. I don't think it was by accident, I think he was irritated beyond his capacity, grabbed her and choked her from the FRONT, NOT THE BACK. This was personal! MOO,MOO!

At The Hotline, we often speak with people who don’t think they are being abused because they aren’t being hit, aren’t being hit with a closed fist or aren’t being physically abused on a regular or daily basis. While abuse can include frequent, violent attacks, abuse can also include monitoring your phone, restricting access to finances, controlling who you spend time with and many other behaviors that aren’t physical at all. However, one of the most serious and deadly forms of abuse is physical, but many survivors are still hesitant to label strangulation or “choking” as abusive.

The information in this article is not meant to scare you, but you deserve to know the facts so you can make the best plan to keep yourself safe.

If your partner has ever put their hands around your neck, put you in a “sleeper hold” or used anything else to strangle you like a scarf, necklace, belt, rope, etc., keep reading.

The Dangers of Strangulation

Someone did ask if method of strangulation could be determined (whether by object or hands) but he declined to answer. I didn't catch the whole thing so can't speak to what else I would ask. The cause of death is what I speculated, I also think he likely did it with his bare hands in a fit of rage. Maybe she tried to break up with him or his anger at the restaurant employees was too much and she challenged him. I'm so pissed he got away while under surveillance. I hope he's caught or found soon.

Ah, yes, it looks as if I missed a minute or two of the press conference where the method of strangulation question was asked. So thank you for that.

Agree with all of the rest of your post,too. ESPECIALLY, the part where he got away...

Thanks for the link and quote !

What is this ??
S. Bertolino just issued a non-statement.

A 'tragedy' is when a person's car slips off an icy road and they're injured or worse.
As in no one's fault.

This was an unspeakable, vicious crime, pure and simple.
Call it what it is.
What a way to minimize what happened to Gabby. :mad:
MOO.

It is still a tragedy when it is a murder or someone’s fault. Definition does not preclude fault. Yes, this is a tragedy. The attorney has it right. It’s also a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86