Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here remember the part of the moab video where BL says they were going to work on an organic farm in Oregon (I believe) Wonder if thats where he could be

IMO I doubt he'd head anywhere that he previously announced as a destination.

There's been some speculation that BL may be on this forum. Of course I have no idea but it seems unlikely. If he is, though, then I hope our mods crack the case!!!!!!!!

I was also wondering where the alternative comfort wold be. The obvious 1st is home - if there is a second, the parents should have a good idea where this is. If he hasn't got an alternative comfort place, then I think he is dead.
I would think another life realization and personal growth period of time took place when he converted from overweight teen to agile young man in high school. This could be his ‘coming of age’ time with positive memories. Who did he associate with that time? And where did he spend his fun time?

I don't think it's a good development where online gawkers and social media influencers are using this kind of tragedy to either bolster their following or pass the time. The harassment of family members (not to mention neighbors) by a bunch of people who knew nothing of this individual a month ago is not justice, it's not activism, it's vacationing for people obsessed with true crime entertainment. The people out there acting like fools have no idea what the FBI or police have told these people, and are doing nothing more than satisfying their own weird desire to be part of a sad story they have no role in.
Definitely not disagreeing with a lot of that. I'm saying if laws are broken, LE will be the ones to handle it. People have opinions. Those opinions vary. No ones is better than another. The people outside the house have opinions and haven't broken the law. Same to people online.
People only seem to take issue with what other people do when their opinion is different. That's not right either. None of this is. If they had shown one single piece of decency to her family this would likely be a non-issuse. All it took was a simple statement. Didn't even have to be from them. Could've been the lawyer. One statement of decency for a human life. A human life. That is why people are upset.

yes she said she slapped him because she wanted him to stop telling her to calm down. Certainly not a reason to slap someone, however The worst way to get someone to calm down is to TELL them to calm down, Implying that they are out of control and acting “crazy”
IMO
Agreed. I don’t condone her slapping him, but I understand why she did. I believe Gabby had tried to use her words, tried to make space, tried to ask him to stop. But you are right! Just telling her to calm down, especially while still instigating the situation and trying to inflame it is just another way to gaslight her.

I don't think it's a good development where online gawkers and social media influencers are using this kind of tragedy to either bolster their following or pass the time. The harassment of family members (not to mention neighbors) by a bunch of people who knew nothing of this individual a month ago is not justice, it's not activism, it's vacationing for people obsessed with true crime entertainment. The people out there acting like fools have no idea what the FBI or police have told these people, and are doing nothing more than satisfying their own weird desire to be part of a sad story they have no role in.
Hypothetical question: What role should the public play when a fugitive is on the loose among them?

IMO, the release of the Cause of Death in a homicide prior to apprehension of the perpetrator was unexpected and puzzling.

Perhaps authorities have evidence that BL is no longer alive.

The only problem with that position is that during the press conference that he called he said he couldn't say if hands were used or an object. That WY statutes didn't allow him to say. Maybe that wasn't true and what he said on Cooper's show was ok. But you'd think he'd have reviewed the statutes 1) when he took the job or 2) before the press conference he called.
JMO

Ultimately, what does it matter? The document filed first said manual strangulation. Surely he operated within the laws binding his position when he signed and filed that form. I don’t doubt he was authorized to say what he said, but even if he wasn’t, it doesn’t change anything. Sometimes you have to just let things go.

Their reticence is unfortunate but i do not fault them because:
1) they have a right to remain silent
2) presumption of innocence, which is being violated left and right
3) I go to 930 mass every Sunday with my family - and I can tell ya right now I would do the exact same thing as CL & RL if it were my kid -- I don't believe anyone with children would say otherwise
I have four children and I say otherwise. Your post, imo, shows extreme callousness to Gabby’s family.

The KSL report said she was covered with something that looked like a blanket

Wyoming coroner: Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation

Hmmm. I was watching the feed and I thought so too, but they quickly cut away - the pilot would have seen more.

In an early unedited helicopter video, I saw orange. I though that was an awfully bright color to be on what I perceived as the body. I don’t know if evidence procedures would allow them to place a blanket over the body. Orange would be a color that rescue teams would use. Someone hiding the body would probably want a color that hides better.

Definitely not disagreeing with a lot of that. I'm saying if laws are broken, LE will be the ones to handle it. People have opinions. Those opinions vary. No ones is better than another. The people outside the house have opinions and haven't broken the law. Same to people online.
People only seem to take issue with what other people do when their opinion is different. That's not right either. None of this is. If they had shown one single piece of decency to her family this would likely be a non-issuse. All it took was a simple statement. Didn't even have to be from them. Could've been the lawyer. One statement of decency for a human life. A human life. That is why people are upset.

I have an opinion about the protestors and their behavior. But I would never take that opinion beyond this board into their lives, onto their yards, or do it in a way that is negatively impacting their family, neighbors and friends. What you said also applies to Brian's family -- "if laws were broken, let law enforcement be the ones to handle it."

I do think they camped there. First of all, iirc, Spread Creek was on GP's Dyrt list, wasn't it? They were spotted at Jenny Lake on the 25th, which is near Spread Creek. JS (red-heeler lady) saw BL alone in the van on Aug. 26th, parking basically where the Bethune's captured the van on video. The van was spotted again, same spot, on the 27th and 28th, at least. We know at some point they went to Jackson on the 27th, but then returned. It wasn't a campsite where the van parked, and I think sites were difficult to come by (the Bethune's said the campground was full), which might explain why they camped across the creek. It was a beautiful location for taking photos for her blog, and a nice spot to camp a few nights. So I ask myself, why would they keep returning to that location? What are the chances her body ended up next to a fire pit? Because they were camping there, imo.
I have given this much thought this morning and I agree. I think the orange paint marks on the trees where she was found are holes that were made to hold up a tent or a tarp.

Being upset is not an excuse to behave like children. There are countless murders and missing persons cases daily. This one has been latched onto by a larger than usual online community and people are taking it too far. Yes, at the moment LE is not arresting (many) people. I am not FL LE, so I don't know why, but I suspect because it's more trouble than it's worth (for many reasons).

Whatever their rationale for limiting arrests, people who know nothing of the internal conversations between LE and the Laundrie family are driving long distances to make themselves part of something they've seen online - something that has nothing to do with them.

It's fine (I guess) that we engage in "sleuthing" on this site. I've been here for a long time. I think when we (and/or the Twitterverse) suddenly feel obliged to stick ourselves directly into the story, we have crossed a line.

I would think another life realization and personal growth period of time took place when he converted from overweight teen to agile young man in high school. This could be his ‘coming of age’ time with positive memories. Who did he associate with that time? And where did he spend his fun time?
One of his friends from his past gave an interview. He's really seems worried BL will try to contact him. Brian Laundrie was an social outcast in school, friend says

In an early unedited helicopter video, I saw orange. I though that was an awfully bright color to be on what I perceived as the body. I don’t know if evidence procedures would allow them to place a blanket over the body. Orange would be a color that rescue teams would use. Someone hiding the body would probably want a color that hides better.
Has anyone seen what color the blanket was that they used in the tent? Only pictures i've seen show some white crocheted looking thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cl30092