Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Absolutely lawyered up around this date. I'd be interested in seeing the phone logs between either of the 2 missing phones to SB's or L's.
I believe they were hoping Gabby would either rot away or be scattered off by animals...and they she'd be just another missing person. Thank goodness for the Vanlife couple who pinpointed the van's location and that Gabby's body was fund sooner rather than later.
MOO.

That directly contradicts what their lawyer said repeatedly, which is that he first became involved in the case late on September 11th.

...a baby tooth, a bronzed baby shoe, a tiny hank of hair with a little blue bow and a baby shower invitation in a frame.
All of this falling on our sword stuff is really a sight to behold.
Ever see this kind of thing before X_files?

NO!
I can honestly say I cannot say I recall a case like this one before.
I'll have to wrack my brain though.
Each case has its twists & turns and ultimately ends up worse than we ever thought.
Casey Anthony comes to mind, Chris Watt's is another...
Baby Cooper/Justin Ross Harris is the other case. I really wanted this to be an honest accident, but his computer searches were disturbing and damning.
But, I am NOT sure I ever heard of LE losing a POI and confusing it with the mother before, or the other weird details that recently come to light.

It wouldn't be pitch black dark at anytime because the L's live in a neighborhood with neighbors who could have outside lights on and there are usually street lights on from sun up to sun down. Someone also mentioned that there's motion activated spot lights on the L's garage, which a lot of people put up to prevent vehicle thefts, break ins, etc. IMO there's no way if LE was conducting surveillance on BL and the L house that RL could be mistaken for BL just because she had a ball cap on. IMO that's an excuse. IMO.

Well, they said they did mistake RL for BL. IMO, it's very understandable, given how poor images render on security cameras at night (even if it's not "pitch black"), especially at farther distances, and I don't know how helpful the motion activated lights on the L's house would be from that distance (across the street).

North Port Police Department

The North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case in conjunction with the Suffolk County Police Department where she was reported missing.
"The Suffolk County Police Department is investigating the disappearance of a Blue Point woman who went missing while traveling.
Gabrielle Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department by her family on September 11 at approximately 6:55 p.m. According to family, they were last in contact with her during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Petito is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
Petito and a companion were traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03. The van she was traveling in has been recovered.
Petito, 22, is white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.”
Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous."
We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers.
In addition The FBI Tampa Field Office is assisting with this investigation. You can also call 1-800 CALL FBI or submit your tip to: tips.fbi.gov.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it interesting that Brian Laundrie's name is deliberately omitted in this announcement? The only reference made of him is "a companion." Is that because he wasn't a POI at that time? (09/13/21)

It's Italian for counselor or advisor and is not used in Italy in the sense that was popularized by the movie, The Godfather. There is no legal usage of the term in English speaking countries, only in Italy. In English speaking places (mostly US), it is a reference to a role in a mafia (often an actual lawyer...who is the crime family's lawyer).

Sometimes a consigliere is an accountant and sometimes legitimate businesses that are run by Italian-American families use the word to mean "accountant who runs the business just as much as the CEO does." They are often the auditor of the business.

I can't find any citations that aren't behind paywalls, but you can maybe find "A Delicate Relationship" at your local library's digital resources. It makes the point that unlike members of the "Executive Family" who runs the business (whether legal or illegal), the consigliere is not a family member, but a highly trained outsider who is trusted as if family.

I didn't see why it came up here, but that's what it means.
Bertolino is I assume a New York Italian, as is Roberta Laundrie (born Vinci).

Bbm
I respect your opinion and agree in many ways. I'd like to look at the language we all use when discussing crimes.
I am pre-emptively reporting this post to the mods, in case this sounds like I'm sniping at you because that is not my intention and they should remove it if it is.
I focused on the bolded words above. I can understand that point of view. It also reminds me of how some people defend rapists.
We cannot discuss DV on this site and i want to stay within those guidelines. But I can say that abusers will do anything (gaslight, humiliate, put down, belittle) to control. Including mental control.
If it seems that the response was insinuating that somehow Gabby deserved to be murdered, I must say that that is a long stretch. It was in response to the supposition that Gabby wanted to break up with Brian. That she may have wanted to, but did not, does not translate to her being deserving of her death, or causing her murder. As the post said, if she wanted to break up (NOT BE MURDERED) with Brian, she had an opportunity to, when she was in SLC, alone. It appears that she wanted to continue the van trip with Brian. Which is what she did. The post stated that if breaking up was on her mind, I find it unlikely that she would have chosen the 27th after the scene at Merry Piglets, to announce that she was breaking up with him. She knew how volatile he was that day, in particular, and would not, in my opinion, have escalated the situation by breaking up in the middle of the wild, and with her dependence upon him to drive safely. I do not think that she broke up with him and he killed her for that reason. She is absolutely not to be blamed for her own death, and to insinuate that that is what was said is wrong. JMO

Agree. Absolutely lawyered up around this date. I'd be interested in seeing the phone logs between either of the 2 missing phones to SB's or L's.
I believe they were hoping Gabby would either rot away or be scattered off by animals...and that she'd be just another missing person. Thank goodness for the Vanlife couple who pinpointed the van's location and that Gabby's body was found sooner rather than later.
MOO.
LE can get SB's records too right? privilege doesn't extend to that? where is @Alethea ???

It really is a miracle she was found so quickly - and may I say, thank you for your contributions to Gabby, I read your posts with great interest @TheGardener

JMO

Obviously they did not have the same van trip goals.....seems like they enjoyed fixing up the van, and planning to visit lots of cool places, but not exactly HOW that was supposed to work out.....that it would be a public commodity, and not a trip for their private mutual enjoyment (whatever that was). jmo
Possibly Brian didn't take Gabby's goal of a vanlife blog seriously, and thought he could put the kibosh to it by diminishing her efforts as much as he could, once they got started.

This, exactly. DH and I actually discussed this very thing last night as we watched Banfield. For Brian, the trip was about seeing the country, exploring National Parks, enjoying the outdoors, communing with nature, hiking, etc. Gabby was more interested in becoming an internet influencer about van life. It's easy to see the dynamics prior to the Moab stop. Brian was eager to get to a new campsite, get set up, and go hiking while Gabby allegedly spent six hours working on her blog in a coffee shop with free WiFi. They should have made specific plans for how long they would stay at the coffee shop - perhaps set a time limit of three hours - before heading to their next destination. GP and BL might very well set out on their fantastic journey with the best intentions and outcome for both of them, but their paths diverged along the way. JMO

Last edited:
It's Italian for counselor or advisor and is not used in Italy in the sense that was popularized by the movie, The Godfather. There is no legal usage of the term in English speaking countries, only in Italy. In English speaking places (mostly US), it is a reference to a role in a mafia (often an actual lawyer...who is the crime family's lawyer).

Sometimes a consigliere is an accountant and sometimes legitimate businesses that are run by Italian-American families use the word to mean "accountant who runs the business just as much as the CEO does." They are often the auditor of the business.

I can't find any citations that aren't behind paywalls, but you can maybe find "A Delicate Relationship" at your local library's digital resources. It makes the point that unlike members of the "Executive Family" who runs the business (whether legal or illegal), the consigliere is not a family member, but a highly trained outsider who is trusted as if family.

I didn't see why it came up here, but that's what it means.
BBM - apparently this is how SB referred to himself on AB's show - and I checked with one of our attorney's and nope - never heard of it in the legal field. I did find the reference to the position as exactly you state - very interesting if he in fact, referred to himself in this manner.
JMO

me neither but I heard the highly esteemed lawyer on the Banfield show say that consigliere ' was a concept in law'
Noun verb or adjective?
Currently, it is most commonly used to designate advisers to the Mafia—a use that first appeared in English in a document from a 1963 session of the U.S. Senate. It is also often used generally of a political or financial adviser, or any other trusted adviser for that matter.

How do you become a consigliere?
"); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px; margin-top: -1px; transform: rotateZ(-180deg);">

Here are a few qualities to keep in mind when looking for your consigliere:
  1. THEY FOCUS ON WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU. Your advisor should be a person who isn't thinking about what's best forthem. ...
  2. THEY ARE TRUSTWORTHY. ...
  3. THEY ARE CREDIBLE. ...
  4. THEY THINK LONG TERM. ...
  5. THEY CONNECT WITH YOU.
consigliere in US law - Google Search

It wouldn't be pitch black dark at anytime because the L's live in a neighborhood with neighbors who could have outside lights on and there are usually street lights on from sun up to sun down. Someone also mentioned that there's motion activated spot lights on the L's garage, which a lot of people put up to prevent vehicle thefts, break ins, etc. IMO there's no way if LE was conducting surveillance on BL and the L house that RL could be mistaken for BL just because she had a ball cap on. IMO that's an excuse. IMO.

Well, they said they did mistake RL for BL, so do you not believe them? IMO, it's very understandable, given how poorly images render on security cameras at night (even if it's not "pitch black"), at farther distances, and I don't know how helpful the motion activated lights on the L's house would be from that distance (across the street). imo

They could still take the 5th if they were to be subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury, for questions about what Brian told them and what their conversations were with SB Prior to Sept 11, but they can't hide behind attorney-client privilege for that period of time, is the way I understand it. SB seems to think that they can, because he has been their attorney for so long, but he has stated that he was retained for this case on the 11th of Sept. So, conversations before that, are conversations as friends. If he spoke with Brian before the 11th, same thing. And any convos where all three L's were engaged with him, are not covered by atty/client privilege. This is how I understand it. It is my OPINION. JMO

Yes. And the Laundries could very well take the 5th, but if they start to interview SB about those conversations before Sept 11, then they wouldn't be privileged. That is the risk that I'm talking about. The Laundries probably thought they were safe to speak to SB openly from 9/1-9/10, when in reality, he wasn't officially retained. @BCSleuth

Yes. And the Laundries could very well take the 5th, but if they start to interview SB about those conversations before Sept 11, then they wouldn't be privileged. That is the risk that I'm talking about. The Laundries probably thought they were safe to speak to SB openly from 9/1-9/10, when in reality, he wasn't officially retained. @BCSleuth
Did SB speak to the L's in his capacity as a legal adviser about this matter between the 1-10th?

Noun verb or adjective?
Currently, it is most commonly used to designate advisers to the Mafia—a use that first appeared in English in a document from a 1963 session of the U.S. Senate. It is also often used generally of a political or financial adviser, or any other trusted adviser for that matter.

"); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px; margin-top: -1px; transform: rotateZ(-180deg);">

1. THEY FOCUS ON WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU. Your advisor should be a person who isn't thinking about what's best forthem. ...

thanks yes but he actually explains it in the clip I just posted, at 25 mins into the show. He explains that he is not using the word in the mafioso sense, in the clip

Did SB speak to the L's in his capacity as a legal adviser about this matter between the 1-10th?

According to SB, he was officially retained on 9/11 for this matter. He did not say whether he spoke with the L's as a legal advisor between 1-10th. He just said that he spoke to them. If SB was smart, he would have said he spoke to them as a legal advisor.

ETA: He will probably argue that he did speak to them as a legal advisor since he has been their attorney for other matters in the past.

Noun verb or adjective?

Sounds like a trusted friend....not a retained attorney. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online