Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe the cameras were more to see if Gabby entered or exited the house! I don’t think they were as concerned with Brian they knew he was there!

just a thought!
I think so, too. At that point, all LE knew was that Gabby was last known to be in WY, yet her van was in FL. Anyone in the L's house could have been a possible POI, not just Brian. I think LE was watching the house and its occupants in general and also to see if Gabby was coming or going from there. I don't think LE had yet zeroed in on BL as early as Sep 13th. It hadn't even been 48 hours since Gabby was reported missing. jmo

Neither FBI nor local LE have disclosed any details about their electronic investigation. We do not know what they have, what they found or what they were able to retrieve .
I believe it’s known that they never found Gabby’s phone, which is unfortunate. I wonder if they’re planning to disclose their digital findings at a near future date?

One thing I agree with SB on is when he was chastising searchers for not concentrating on the place that Brian entered the MYA park, follow the trailhead ,and even though it was underwater by the time they were searching, the general vicinity of where he would have hiked toward and into Carlton Reserve. (that is where he was found, 5 weeks later!) (Their search was all over the Carlton Reserve!) They had airboats and ATV's to get in there, (MYA Park trail to carlton) and good boy/girl sniffer dogs! jmo
Yeah but remember they believed BL was merely missing since Tuesday because that is what they were told. He'd been gone since early Monday.

Hi guys, I am new here :). I saw something that the lawyer said in an interview with the New York Post, that made me think he is giving more away than he meant to:

Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”"
Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents

To me, that indicates that Bertolino (and the Laundries) all know what Brian's explanation for how Gabby died is and think it somehow lessens the gravity of what happened as regarding Brian's guilt. So are they going to do the right thing and share that information with the Pettito family?
WELCOME!! :D
That’s a very good question.

One thing I agree with SB on is when he was chastising searchers for not concentrating on the place that Brian entered the MYA park, follow the trailhead ,and even though it was underwater by the time they were searching, the general vicinity of where he would have hiked toward and into Carlton Reserve. (that is where he was found, 5 weeks later!) (Their search was all over the Carlton Reserve!) They had airboats and ATV's to get in there, (MYA Park trail to carlton) and good boy/girl sniffer dogs! jmo

Search and rescue is tough. Even though we pretend different, parks have become dumping grounds of human waste. So when the park floods, all the garbage comes to the top. So searching for one person's leavings from hundreds of other is hard.

If he died when he entered the park, the body would be underwater when they started to look for him. The body would have come up a few days later for maybe 24 hours then would go back down. (animals would not let something like that float for long) 1 week in florida is enough for a body to completely decompose to skeleton. He was found deep in inside a forested area where the boat could not go. ATV's are great until they hit swamp mud.

When a swamp floods hundreds of animals are trapped underground and or killed in the rising water. Hundreds. A good dog would have to filter hundreds of decay signatures for just one. A very well trained dog could do that, as long as the body was above water.

But as you see from above, a body put into the water will sink for about week. It will then raise to the surface, which signals the scavengers to come, they will allow it to float for maybe 24 hours, then it will go back down. In florida.

The problem they faced. They assumed that BL was an average killer.
An average killer does not kill someone drive home, go on vacation and then kill themselves 3 days after, edit, 6 days before the body was found. A body that was 800 feet from the last place they camped. He knew the body would be found. The place was crawling with people. He told people where his girlfriend was. She was 800 feet from the last place he said she was.
He had the long drive home, but nope, left her in wyoming.

If he was going to kill himself, then he would do it after he killed her. Or not at all.

Last edited:
It’s difficult to believe that she was mistaken for her son, unless they just meant sitting in the driver’s seat of the Mustang. In that case it’s understandable but it also reveals that they weren’t watching very carefully at all.
Stupid question: Don’t they use binoculars or night vision goggles when surveilling someone?
That’s a lot of egg on the face of LE.

Kim Kuizon FOX 13
@kkuizon

From
@NorthPortPolice
: This misidentification did not have a big impact on costs and the investigation. Other than confusion, it likely changed nothing. There is a very good possibility that Brian was already deceased. He still needed to be found.
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie

Contd. from
@NorthPortPolice
“We just wanted people to better understand why we thought we knew Brian was in his home. It was a direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on this investigation.”
@fox13news
#brianlaundrie #northport

Just unreal that he is still trying to blame the family. The family was under no obligation whatsoever to report Brian's coming and goings.

NPPD now admits they made a huge mistake but somehow this is still the Laundries' fault? Just pathetic.

Furthermore, when the family saw NPPD claim that they knew precisely where Brian was they immediately asked, "where?"

Yeah but remember they believed BL was merely missing since Tuesday because that is what they were told. He'd been gone since early Monday.
I don’t believe NPPD was told anything!
The games this lawyer plays is mind boggling! No one knows who he said what to!

the fbi rolls off his tongue easily!

Just unreal that he is still trying to blame the family. The family was under no obligation whatsoever to report Brian's coming and goings.

NPPD now admits they made a huge mistake but somehow this is still the Laundries' fault? Just pathetic.

Furthermore, when the family saw NPPD claim that they knew precisely where Brian was they immediately asked, "where?"
Actually it is all the Laundries fault!
Jmo

Stupid question: Don’t they use binoculars or night vision goggles when surveilling someone?
That’s a lot of egg on the face of LE.

I thought that but then I saw the link on the previous thread to a Brian Entin interview w Josh Taylor NPPD ( BE did 2 interviews with him in 2 days)
BE asks about physical surveillance & JT says that they weren't doing that kind of surveillance at the time ( just the cameras)

TBH I find JT as frustrating as SB, cause he keeps saying different things about what they did & didn't do.

anyway, if they did do cctv only & it was being monitored as a livestream ( as Entin said on Banfield) why weren't they reviewing the tapes. IDK

So many errors in this case.
If we find out that only a tooth or teeth were found at the Reserve will that be enough to believe he is deceased? Because if it's just one tooth or part of a tooth, not attached to a jawbone or skull...I will have so many new questions.
...a baby tooth, a bronzed baby shoe, a tiny hank of hair with a little blue bow and a baby shower invitation in a frame.
All of this falling on our sword stuff is really a sight to behold.
Ever see this kind of thing before X_files?

also he's contradicted himself somewhat
It's the family's fault we lost track of Brian
Losing track of Brian made no difference anyway eg to costs

They knew all along that wasn't true though, because NPPD actually saw Brian leave on Monday.

"Those monitoring the home, where Laundrie lived with his parents, saw him leave in his Mustang on Sept. 13 and thought they saw him return Sept. 15, according to a report from WINK News in Fort Myers, which police confirmed to Telemundo in Tampa."

source: Florida police who were monitoring Brian Laundrie admit to mistake

WELCOME!! :D
That’s a very good question.
Thanks for the welcome:D! I couldn't quite believe what I was reading when I saw it (actually can't believe a lot of what I am hearing coming from the lawyer:rolleyes:) as it clearly seems to give away something pretty crucial - that Brian DID tell them what happened, and that Bertolino and the Laundries think that somehow means he is less culpable??? I struggle to see how anyone who does not have completely misogynistic way of thinking would think that strangling a woman to death was somehow explainable when she has to be 1/2 as strong as he was, but there you are. I don't see how Gabby could do anything more than give him a good scratch - which she seemed to have done - I assumed fighting back when he grabbed her head, as she told the Utah police? I could never work out that they never even seemed to question Brian about this 'head grabbing', a strong person could really scare someone by squeezing on their skull by their temples, without leaving any bruises as there is no muscle or blood vessels there, and the person might say no one would believe you as there were no marks. Especially with Gabby having OCD and anxiety issues, I wonder if Brian played on that, and told her people would not believe her because of that? I wondered if that kind of thing had been going on for years maybe, and the Laundries knew Brian could be abusive, but did nothing to stop him:(.

I have no idea, but I am very curious too. Hopefully the WS anthropology expert will see this question and may be able to answer it.

I really have no feelings about BL and his death. It doesn't matter one iota to me what they find out about him. What I want to know and most likely will never know is why he murdered Gabby. jmo

Indeed. While BL was alive, as it would potentially jeopardise his trial if they had spoken to the media
I wonder what the "rules" are about not talking about the investigation now that both the victim and the POI are deceased? Maybe people in UT and WY might be willing to now talk to BE? Maybe some of them will be willing to talk to BE and simply be named as a "source"?

I hope so. I would really like to understand just what happened here and how GP & BL's trip went so horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member