Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced that portion of the publication can be understood clearly.

"Bertolino said there are inaccuracies with the report and said the source claiming to be close to the Laundrie family is not. "I don't know what her motives are."

What is "the report"? The way this is worded, and it's standalone positioning within the whole piece, makes it suspect to me. Even the combination of the two sentences in the particular paragraph can be questioned. Is the "her" actually referencing the "source"? Could be. But, then again, it could be a poor (or strategic) phrasing pattern.

Good point. It's hard to know if it's poor composition by the writer, a quote taken partially out of context, or something else. Among other things, the Sun isn't known for the skill of its writers.
JMO

LOL! My first thought after seeing the OP ask Q's about a "MSM" article... was "I wonder what the "MSM" source is?". Then I see your comment and had to laugh.

The Sun is a tabloid, and not legit MSM IMHO. While tabloids can make for interesting reading, their content should not be taken as fact. Again, IMHO.

From the 'About Us' link at the very bottom of that article: The Sun.com is a US online edition of The Sun, Britain’s largest newspaper.

From wiki - The Sun is a British tabloid newspaper, published by the News Group Newspapers division of News UK, itself a wholly owned subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.

Scrolling further down the wiki page: The U.S. Sun is an online version of The Sun for the United States.

The Sun (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia
:D I live in the UK, so didn't even bother reading the article ;).

Also if both parents were so worried about him and begging him not to leave, why would they not tell the police asap...?

"We are worried for the wellbeing of our son. He has just left our residence"

The only potential explanation I can think of that makes some kind of sense is that they wanted to try to avoid a confrontation between their volatile son and the Police. Who knows what they did, or didn't know. But if I knew my son was upset, was subject to a Police investigation and had taken a gun (I assume they knew that?) and I didn't know he'd actually done what was being accused - I'm not sure I'd initially be wanting a situation where the Police are going after him as a potentially armed fugitive because of the risk of him getting shot or him being forced into a corner vs giving him some time to hopefully calm down and clear his thoughts.

The only potential explanation I can think of that makes some kind of sense is that they wanted to try to avoid a confrontation between their volatile son and the Police. Who knows what they did, or didn't know. But if I knew my son was upset, was subject to a Police investigation and had taken a gun (I assume they knew that?) and I didn't know he'd actually done what was being accused - I'm not sure I'd initially be wanting a situation where the Police are going after him as a potentially armed fugitive because of the risk of him getting shot or him being forced into a corner vs giving him some time to hopefully calm down and clear his thoughts.
This sounds very plausible!

I read the Request for Production and it appears to be pretty much a standard document request associated with litigation. However, given the nature of this case, I assume most communications were oral, with maybe some text messages. I doubt very much if there are many other documents except for credit card statements and phone bills, etc..

The Request for Production makes reference to Interrogatories (Questions) that were submitted to the defendants. I would like to see those interrogatories! See below:

upload_2022-3-28_18-48-2.png

Last edited:
The requests for information could be quite helpful in a corporate environment where communication takes place by e-mail and messaging and phone calls are frequently documented.

In this case, even if calls to/from Gabby and/or Brian are documented by cell records it is unlikely there is any documentation of the nature of the call.

I suspect that Laundries will want to claim attorney-client privilege for as much of this information as possible.

Gabby's family's lawyer is obviously hoping something comes out of this as a routine part of a case, but I doubt any useful information will be forthcoming. The one potential conversation that could be helpful would be when Brian arrived home alone. It would be very hard to claim they didn't remember the initial conversation.

The requests for information could be quite helpful in a corporate environment where communication takes place by e-mail and messaging and phone calls are frequently documented.

In this case, even if calls to/from Gabby and/or Brian are documented by cell records it is unlikely there is any documentation of the nature of the call.

I suspect that Laundries will want to claim attorney-client privilege for as much of this information as possible.

Gabby's family's lawyer is obviously hoping something comes out of this as a routine part of a case, but I doubt any useful information will be forthcoming. The one potential conversation that could be helpful would be when Brian arrived home alone. It would be very hard to claim they didn't remember the initial conversation.
Could there be texts between Gabby and Brian during the week he left her when he went home to empty out their storage locker? I can't imagine there'd be no communication between them during that time. There might be something useful there.

Could there be texts between Gabby and Brian during the week he left her when he went home to empty out their storage locker? I can't imagine there'd be no communication between them during that time. There might be something useful there.

True. But I'm not sure why the L's would have texts between B & G. Unless BL brought both (or either) missing phone home and hid them/it in tbe house or gave them/it to the L's, not sure how they'd have the texts. And I'm pretty sure I've read if a text is erased it is gone. A record a text was sent on phone a to phone b at time c might exist but not the text content.

The request for production does ask for all bills starting with Aug 2021 for phones (cell & "residential"-- landline?) used by B&G so maybe the L's paid for their cell phones? Even so I doubt they have G's phone and B's original phone.
JMO

FPIDXMPWUA8X3mY

3/3) Steve Bertolino, the attorney for Chris and Roberta Laundrie, has put out a statement to the media calling the lawsuit “baseless” and “frivolous.”

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1509271243429756933?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

#BREAKING: As expected, #BrianLaundrie's parents are filing to dismiss the civil lawsuit filed against them by #GabbyPetito's family, their attorney tells
@WFLA
. I've spoken to attorneys on both sides in recent weeks. More in next tweets. Story: http://bit.ly/3tOxGFX (1/3)

https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1509271243429756933?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Thanks for posting this info. Some of the responses on Twitter are pretty horrifying. I mean, I get that there are most definitely two "sides" to this story even here on WS. But IMO saying the L's deserve to be thrown in prison "for life" (as was said on Twitter) is pretty unhinged (even if they were facing criminal charges instead of a civil suit where the only punishment available is loss of $.)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this info. Some of the responses on Twitter are pretty horrifying. I mean, I get that there are most definitely two "sides" to this story even here on WS. But IMO saying the L's deserve to be thrown in prison "for life" (as was said on Twitter) is pretty unhinged (even if they were facing criminal charges instead of a civil suit where the only punishment available is loss of $.)
It’s always upsetting to me how quickly the lynch mobs form online. They’ve lost a child, too.

#BREAKING: As expected, #BrianLaundrie's parents are filing to dismiss the civil lawsuit filed against them by #GabbyPetito's family, their attorney tells
@WFLA
. I've spoken to attorneys on both sides in recent weeks. More in next tweets. Story: http://bit.ly/3tOxGFX (1/3)

So what happens now? Do the P's file an answer? Or does the judge simply rule? Is there an hearing in open court on the motion? What about the requests for production? Do those 30-day clocks keep running? (Stinks if they do IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke