Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he has a gun, maybe his parents have one. That would certainly delay his parents contacting the police. The last thing they would want is to have to tell the police that he is on the run with a gun.

Also, I'm surprised both Brian and his parents were able to leave apparently without being noticed and/or followed. He was featured in the news then and it just seems very strange that Brian was able to apparently set off for a hike in a car alone and unnoticed.

That would be easier though if the car was round the corner as opposed to being on the drive, or that he went at night, which further adds to the ridiculous description by his parents of what he was wearing when they saw him last.

I do wonder why LE couldn't get a search warrant for the house where Gabby last lived, even if it was limited to her room. It seems like something a judge would approve even if they say she moved all of her stuff out. Maybe there'd be a clue as to somewhere she'd go if she "ran away" (I know that didn't happen but if you have a missing person it seems like you would need to explore that option at least).

Exactly. This is her place of residence.

My goodness, this is all new to me! Why would “they” even invent such a feature? Just for criminal minds?

It’s intended for businesses and public figures. I’ve used hootsuite before and while it’s handy for heavy, daily posting across all social media accounts like Twitter, IG, fb, for individuals I found it to be too much trouble. Plus, I like posting spontaneously. IMO, they weren’t established enough to use something like that. Maybe, tho, since they had spotty service in their travels. So, if one was on a planned schedule you could pre-plan posts for when you knew you couldn’t post. But then your content would be way after the fact because they also have to edit the content. I think this kind of program works best for businesses that advertise with pre-edited content, like a clothing store, not content created along the way as in their case. They would just post it when the editing was done, so the content would still be lagging but by that point why post it even further in the future (except in special cases like the pumpkin pic?) She may have preset it to post in Oct. but the date was accidentally put in wrong. That can happen, but idk. It doesn’t change the fact he was heading to FL at that time.

So, IMO, the pumpkin pic was one of the last pics taken with perhaps GP’s intention of posting it around Halloween. She was probably excited about it. He posted it because she won’t get to post it then and it speaks to me as regret on his part, but also to establish her being alive on the 30th. All this is totally my thoughts and impressions and not facts to his intent, but it’s pretty safe to say GP most likely wasn’t alive on the 30th. BL was already on the road home to Fl in the van.

Actual police intervention was my wakeup call to run from an abusive male, & I'm pretty sure I'm not the only woman here with that story. Nothing like having to call them for my own protection.

Time apart is essential when things get as volatile as they were between them. I believe had Gabby been behind bars, wow, that would have made her think twice about her rel. (However, I think in several ways jail would have been traumatic.)

Depending on how this all shakes out, there could be a lawsuit in LE's future instigated by Gabby's family that touches, in some fashion, on failure to protect her/him that day, or follow the letter of the law. B had at least 2 bloody marks on the right side of his face in the 75 min. footage. Yes, even given that LE is afforded discretion in an instance like this. [Moo, Poop, Moop, Imo]

Neither of us know the exact words that BL had said to BP about her SM influencing endeavor. But I think it is quite clear that neither GP's family nor BL's family are very wealthy and neither GP nor BL are trust fund babies. There are some SM influencers who are globe-hopping, vlogging, and blogging from exotic locations around the world. But they have vast funds, either from their parents or from years of frugally saving before they quite their day job to chase their dreams. I have a great friend in Seattle who worked for 20+ years as a high-ranking manager at Microsoft before quitting and becoming a full-time pottery artist. GP quit her job as a nutritionist at a health drink store and then decided to go on this 4-month trip to *BEGIN* to try to monetize her SM activity. To me, this is VERY delusional. If you told your partner that you quit your job last week and now you have aspirations to make a living as a SM blogger/influencer, a ballet dancer, or as a guitarist in a rock band, and your partner says to you, "But you do not have any experience as a blogger, ballet dancer, or guitarist. Maybe you should keep your day job until you gain enough traction on the social media front." - that is not being a negative Debbie Downer by giving you a wake-up call that you cannot become a successful ballet dancer or guitarist - unless you have very rich parents (and neither BL/GP parents are filthy rich), that is called giving your partner a reality check on a totally different job that you aspire to.

GP had about 2K followers. That is a "newbie" ranking in the influencer game, certainly nowhere near enough to begin to monetize and live off of it.

TLDR: Sure, have dreams and raise your head into the clouds. But remember still to keep you feet firmly gripping the ground of reality. Most of us are not working at our dream jobs, but in the absence of extremely rich parents and being trust fund babies, we all continue our daily grind instead of impulsively jumping into the deep end of a far-fetched dream.

Totally agree with you 100% on all this. And yeah 2K followers is nothing. My daughter has 5K followers and these are her high school/college, church, hobbies, & work friends - she's no influencer lol, she posts a picture like once every few months. So if the average college student can have 5k followers and is not an "influencer," 2K followers as a SM influencer? yeah...

MOO

Every so often a case comes when you are stunned once again by the madness of human behaviour. This is so sad so exasperating sickening and insane. I ache for someone who may have suffered greatly and I am stunned by how these people can act in such disregard for her loved ones, and for what?

I've seen concerns about the situation with BL not talking with LE, and how that came about-could it be confirmed? It is confusing because they did in fact follow up twice at the residence on the day of the missing person report on the 11th; taking possession of the van that day as well on one of those 2 visits.

I suspect that the family had already lawyered up prior to the LE coming to their home on the 11th. A family member likely informed LE of this when they arrived, and then invoked the 5th. I suspect that it was in place that quickly due to an incident the prior evening of the 10th involving GP's father. Because this is NOT a criminal investigation, the LE has to immediately stop any attempts at questioning.

Gabby Petito's dad linked to incident at Laundrie home evening before she was reported missing

With that being said, I see a lot of chatter "out there", not necessarily in our forum, about the LE "bungling" the case. IMO they have NOT bungled anything. They toed the line lawfully. Their hands have been tied from the onset. What a frustrating case this has got to be for them. :eek:

My sympathies are to both families. I cannot even begin to imagine the nightmare that both families are living in right now. Their children are missing. :(

I agree that they must be genuinely worried about his safety (plus, LE wouldn't confirm whether or not he had a gun). But they could also be worried about the fact they are in over their heads and have made numerous mistakes (even if not intentional) allowing all this to happen and waiting too long to speak. I don't think they are using this as a distraction, I think it got out of hand and now they realize they have to sort of 'come clean' about it as best they can because 1) he's not at home and the police will realize that eventually if he is charged 2) they cannot reach him and are worried about his safety 3) they could be implicated for lying about his whereabouts or actions if they don't speak up about it now.

I think they had trusted their son's story. They didn't expect this to blow up because of whatever story he had told them; it only started to blow up last Saturday; then he said he said he was "going on a hike" on Tuesday to clear his head -when the case was still heating- and they let him do that (or dropped him off), and then that day he is named a POI and it starts unraveling quickly, they can't find him, they're starting to wonder if he really *is* involved and they were naive to trust him; by Friday they realize they have to tell someone that they don't know where he is. I'm not saying it's all been intentional, but it's all been really poorly played. I think now they're realizing they don't trust his story, and he is in real trouble, both legally and mentally and very well could commit suicide, and it would be REALLY bad for everyone involved if they acted like he was at home and he wasn't so they 'fessed up.

I do not trust them and I hope they're feeling a little bit of what Gabby's parents felt and have more understanding now that protecting their son wasn't the best idea.

Is it possible they didn't know where he'd gone, but used his phone records to locate the car? Not knowing what else to do, they had a spare set of keys and simply took it home? If he'd not been inside it for 3 days, naturally, they would be very worried.

I get the sense that there were prior mental health problems with BL (for one thing, he mentions it almost the instant he opens his mouth with LE in Moab, but I see all kinds of other red flags as well).

The search seems to have quite a presence on the ground and is ongoing, as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l