Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. The witness said they couldn’t tell who was.

Nope. The witness, Christopher, said that GP was slapping LB. The police report said that nobody claimed the male had hit the female. Now there are shades of abuse that don't involve hitting someone.

Now can we please move on? We aren't going to be able to fully analyze the altercation until we have more information, which, hopefully, we will get when they are found.

There has been no mention of any marks on Gabby’s throat other than this poster making that claim. Gabby did not say she had marks on her throat, nor did she say Brian choked her. The woman Ranger spent a lot of time talking to Gabby, as did the Sergeant with the beard and Officer Robbins. Gabby said Brian grabbed her face, not her throat.

Not on her throat - on her face. He also admits he left marks on her.
Once again see thread 7 - post 80. I transcribed the entire thing with time stamps and include photos of the marks on Gabby. This was re-hashed over and over.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, witness accounts aren’t always reliable or bias-free. Nor do we know that the witness saw the entire incident.

But, as we are working off of facts, until other facts prove differently. There's a lot to indicate GP was the one doing the swinging, scratching, and hitting. It seems to really bother some people in this forum, as I believe it has triggered memories of their own DV experiences, but it feels like sloppy sleuthing to me.

WS is a sleuthing forum. People join to follow cases and speculate about what's really going on.

There are plenty if missing person cases on here where people have had accidents, gotten lost, etc.

Everything about this case has red flags for experienced sleuthers, and for police. IMO, FBI absolutely do not take the lead in a missing person case unless they anticipate it will become a criminal investigation.

MOO.

This is my experience as well when my friend Kenzie Lueck went missing. The FBI got involved and looking back at the timeline it appeared to be right when they were looking into a person of interest who later turned into the murderer.

Police prepared for 'agitated' encounter with Laundrie
North Port police are prepared for “the worst,” including a possibly agitated encounter with Brian Laundrie.

A combined task force of the North Port Police Department, FBI and related agencies entered the Carlton Reserve Saturday morning. Officers and agents entered the heavily wooded area wearing body armor after Laundrie’s parents reported him missing since Tuesday and named the reserve as his possible last known location.

“I think you always prepare for the worst and hope for the best,” North Port spokesperson Josh Taylor told Fox News. “You have to have your guard up, you have that potential.

”When asked if officers expect Laundrie to be agitated, Taylor said, “Have you been following the news? Yea.”

Gabby Petito: Police searching for her fiancé, family says he's been missing for days: LIVE UPDATES
I am really feeling like when the Laundries reported him missing they were asked if there were any missing weapons or firearms. Who knows if they had checked the Mustang’s trunk previously had a firearm been kept in there (out of the drivers arm’s reach as Florida law states). There was also a mob on their lawn so I don’t think they would have casually gone outside themselves to see if it was missing. I think this is why the officer went out and checked the trunk and car. I think he was looking for a firearm that BL now has with him.

Link please?

A witness told police he saw Laundrie and Petito arguing over the phone. Petito then allegedly struck Laundrie in the arm and attempted to climb into the passenger side of their vehicle after apparently being locked out.

He locks her out of the vehicle...they are out in wilderness type areas and he locks her out of her own vehicle....maybe to drive off...like he apparently did ultimately.
Depends on the definition of aggressor. Abuse takes multiple forms.

I listened carefully to the full video the police released.

I watched a video of this, which the witness was showing the image to the reporter. When the reporter took a photo of the image on the witnesses' phone, it created a shadow (from the reporter's body). There was no tattoo that I could see. Moo

ETA: Went back to watch and the original image did still have the shadow. I'm guessing it was from the angle, shade from trees, etc.
Also there was no huge backpack like I keep seeing going around on forums. We need clarification on that one too.

This might help
Guns in Vehicles in Florida | Giffords.
Florida generally allows a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm within the interior of a private vehicle, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use.1 Lawful firearm owners may lawfully carry a long gun anywhere in a private vehicle.2
I didn't see anything about leaving it in your car though.
Thank you! It says you can keep it in your car without a license if it is "securely encased," so there is a very real possibility he took a gun from the car and that is why LE looked through the car quickly last night.

I'm guessing the gun was missing based on the protective gear on LEO today...

I’m new to this group so I apologize if I break any rules, but I will try not to.

<modsnip - ref post was removed due to no link for being fact>

Also, given his (BL) propensity for him to grab her face (as GP stated in the video), I feel like I’m strangled her or else pinned her up against the van by the neck. Killing her. Then, I think he waited until night time, grabbed a backpack with water and a change of clothes, wrapped her body in a tarp and carried it and dumped it somewhere (maybe the lake). Then, he hiked for a day or so to where the hitchhikers found him. He changed his clothes (so he would be clean) and put his dirty clothes in with the tarp in his backpack. He didn’t realize which direction was which because he went hiking at night and got disoriented location wise.

The entirety of the aforementioned statements are purely MOO and not to be taken as fact. Just throwing out possible theories because, well, it’s fun.

Because that's what the witness, Christopher, saw. And maybe because of bias.

Can't we leave this alone for now? It's not really relevant at this point.

It is relevant, that's the point. Controlling BF and GF fights back...now she's prob dead and he runs away and maybe to kill himself.
I hope that is not really what happened but...

Same story all over the country every day.

A good reminder to try to be compassionate but I must admit I am finding it very hard because of his complete lack of cooperation with GP’s parents, refusing to respond to any type of communications as to where Gabby was, why he returned to Florida without her, this was way before LE was involved. He was not forthcoming in the police body cam video, one example is he said he did not have a phone, if she left he would be there with no way to communicate with anyone, then at the end he pulls one out of his pocket. It makes me wonder if he deliberately portrayed himself in a particular way. 100% percent disagree that we would all react sudden and unexpected, ie violence - towards a loved one.

Exactly where I’m at too. He’s refused to respond to messages from her mom/family, even before she was reported missing and the case became public. He won’t give them anything. Not even a place to start looking. They are begging and he is literally torturing them with his silence. I can’t even imagine the pain they are in. This was someone he claimed to love?! But when things go wrong, the ONLY person Brian cares about is Brian, he’s protecting himself and who cares about what anyone else is going through.

He’s not a nice person who cares about others, regardless of what has or hasn’t happened to Gabby, just based on these actions alone. He is all for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaseyBee