Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL OF THIS.

Instability is a hallmark of abuse. Of course she seems unstable: she’s being gaslit by her abuser. She thinks she’s at fault for absolutely everything that happens to them, which is why she constantly apologizes to the officers and makes claims that her being annoying is what set Brian off.

I am so over the victim blaming. You know who is actually the unstable one? The guy who left his dead girlfriend in Wyoming.
I am with you! 100%, mad and sad here

Has anyone thought he did what she thought he would do and just abandoned her? Drove off and didnt look back. And then something happened and she died as a result. Would this still be manslaughter?

I only ask as it was such a weird thing for her to accuse him of doing in the recorded police video. Who thinks their loved one would abandon them in the middle of nowhere, unless it was threatened prior.

Don't think this is what happened, but might explain his behaviour of returning home and not fleeing straightaway to Mexico. As thought she was still alive and then realised what he did. Also I wonder where her phone is. Was it in the van?
I believe he used the van and her preference to not be the driver (which I share; I hate driving) as a way to control her. I believe he drove off and left her for various amounts of time as a way to keep her in line. Sure he came back, but I think she genuinely had a reason to believe he would abandon her for good.

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?
Even had he been arrested though, he would have been released the following day. She wouldn't have pressed charges, and this all probably would have played out the same way.

The cooling off period would have been the same as him being sent to a hotel.

Now, had he killed her that day and not a couple of weeks later, I'd totally agree.

EXCLUSIVE: 911 caller in Gabby Petito 'incident' says fiancé seen hitting, 'slapping' her weeks before disappearance fxn.ws/3lFAOi3
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440003531486998528?s=21

This is crazy. I knew my gut feeling was right when she was overly apologetic for her behavior in that body cam video, apologising for how she made him feel, etc. As if everything was her fault, so typical for victims of DV.

Yet everyone got hung up on the marks on his face while he chatted with the officers and smiled, trying to minimise the situation. Typical abuser behavior.

ETA now I think it’s entirely possible that she hit him while he held her neck?? As a way to get him to back off? IIRC that’s not what they told the cops, but they obviously weren’t being truthful at all.

Poor Gabby. I can’t imagine what the situation was like once they got back together.

On a different note, thanks to everyone in the previous thread explaining to me that you can just walk into Mexico and that Canada still has restrictions in place. I live in central Europe and didn’t know what the situation is like on the southern border.

ALL OF THIS.

Instability is a hallmark of abuse. Of course she seems unstable: she’s being gaslit by her abuser. She thinks she’s at fault for absolutely everything that happens to them, which is why she constantly apologizes to the officers and makes claims that her being annoying is what set Brian off.

I am so over the victim blaming. You know who is actually the unstable one? The guy who left his dead girlfriend in Wyoming.
Cant like this enough!

I feel sorry for the LEO’s who stopped them when they were arguing. Towards the end, two of them were discussing what to do and one said to the other something along the lines of “it’s your call, I will support you in whatever you decide”. They decided to put him in a hotel and leave her with the van, to separate them for the night instead of putting her in jail. During the journey in the LEO’s car to the hotel, I think he would have thought that BL seemed very plausible, sensible even. Imagine how they feel now, I feel sorry for them and think they handled the situation well. Can someone confirm, where the white van is parked at the side of the road (spotted on camera and reported by the people who were passing it), how far is that from where G’s body was found?
I get the impression that Brian is one of those people who can make himself look innocent and talk his way out of things. JMO

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?

I’m disgusted. They should’ve been going in with handcuffs not fist bumps.

I feel sorry for the LEO’s who stopped them when they were arguing. Towards the end, two of them were discussing what to do and one said to the other something along the lines of “it’s your call, I will support you in whatever you decide”. They decided to put him in a hotel and leave her with the van, to separate them for the night instead of putting her in jail. During the journey in the LEO’s car to the hotel, I think he would have thought that BL seemed very plausible, sensible even. Imagine how they feel now, I feel sorry for them and think they handled the situation well. Can someone confirm, where the white van is parked at the side of the road (spotted on camera and reported by the people who were passing it), how far is that from where G’s body was found?

sadly in these situations, nothing can really be done without the domestic violence victim actively reporting it. How many instances do we see of victims visibly abused yet go back and the police cannot do anything. The best option they had was separating them to cool off. Their hands were tied in terms of jailing him etc. with out her speaking up and filing charges.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about what you are saying is that you are calling her "unstable". She wasn't hysterical or incoherent, she was upset and IMO was scared. She was 22 years out in the middle of nowhere with this dude who told her he was going to leave he on the side of the road, on top of that they clearly were getting sick of each other. Not for nothing when I was married to my abuser not once did I ever tell people about the abuse, its what we do. I am sorry though that you went through what you went through, as no one should suffer through that.

Fair enough, I didn't mean any disrespect to her. But she's clearly distressed in that video. And she admits she gets mean when he's upset, and that she at least punched him in the van. In my experience any time someone down plays a little hit, it's generally not a little hit. I think we can all agree hitting of any kind in a relationship shouldn't be tolerated. And I think if anyone gets upset enough to hit their partner, it's not a good sign (and why I used the term unstable). But I didn't mean it in a mental health way, but it certainly isn't a positive relationship trait (same for him if he was slapping her).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar