Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw blood drips on at least one log there, marked #16 with a paint marking from LE at the scene where she was found. IMO that would indicate some kind of attack that was spread out over an area. It's horrible to speculate about, but yes I noticed while watching their search from the helicopter footage that bits of evidence at the scene were spread out. Very sad to think she was maybe trying to fight and/or run for her life from her killer, in this theory at least. I think LE knows how she was killed by now but we might not know for months. I think forensically they can figure out what happened without BL telling them much if anything. IMO

Where did you see this live footage? Thanks in advance.

Given the current known sightings I would say either the 28th or the 29th were her last. Gabby was seen on the 27th and BL left on the 29th. Small window to have killed her in. I just hope she didn't lay there and suffer for hours or days.

I'm worried about that too. Kept me awake the other night.

I think she died late on the 27th, around when the red-white couple got the video of the van, and he did exactly what he said he did, went for a long hike. His social media gives me the impression that going for a walk is part of his coping strategy for his emotions, plus it would mean he wouldn't be there when her body was discovered. I think he was so jumpy while he was hitching rides because he expected to see LE all over the place, and he was the most surprised person of all when he got back and found out nobody had found her.

Does anyone else read these threads backwards? This case is so frustrating and now our friend #HeyJB is acting cryptic. Or maybe it’s the lack of sleep on his part. IMO. #JusticeForGabby (twinmom2011).
Yes, I read them backwards. So if something really important has happened, you can tell at the end of the thread and work your way backwards.

JB is being very cryptic right now...telling us he'll tell us updates when he can and suddenly cutting to a random feed of a few cars? JB my dude what's going on? Reminds me of how the Salt Lake reporters said that they saw her body around noon but didn't report it hours later...

No, it's not the funeral.

Funeral services for Gabby are up in the air as the Teton County Medical Examiner has yet to release her remains to her family. The family’s lawyer said once her body is back in New York with her family they will determine specifics for her funeral service.

FBI issue Brian Laundrie arrest warrant - follow latest Gabby Petito updates

It’s actually a visitation that’s being held on Sunday, not a funeral. It’s less formal than a funeral ceremony and generally takes place a few days prior. It’s common for a family to have both a visitation and a funeral service.

While a funeral service is traditional in nature, a visitation is a more informal gathering generally held in the afternoon or early evening. The hours for Gabby’s visitation are 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Visitations can take place in any number of places, with the most common being a funeral home or church. The main purpose in attending is to offer support to the family and close friends of the deceased.

View attachment 314447

I love Gabby‘s angel wings picture, and saw her dad tweeted it out as a memorial and now it is on the funeral invite. I find it disconcerting though that the picture is from her trip with her murderer and her murderer was probably taking the picture.

It's absolutely possible that LE have found lots of things everywhere that they haven't disclosed to the public.

They are under no obligation whatsoever to inform the public, or the media, of their findings, and like I said in an earlier post, you can guarantee that they're being exceptionally selective about what IS in the public domain in terms of information on the case and their related searches, and what we DO know will be only a fraction of what they know.

MOO
Thank you! This leads me to think then they likely have found something/things there, as it seems like a long time (& huge expense) if there hadn't been something that encouraged them to keep going. (JMO, of course, what do I know, lol.)

I had been wondering if information about evidence could somehow be discovered by press via FOIA, but I imagine it doesn't fall under that, especially during an active investigation.

They must have so much evidence by now (electronic transactions, security cams, etc). I wonder if they would have been allowed to bug the house?

I think he left her out in the open as opposed to leaving her in HER van
( sorry) but IMO to decompose faster.

All the while she is out in the elements.
Time of death is going to nail him.
Dr Baden said the insect activity found on her body can tell pretty much her TIME of death.

Never underestimate the Calvary that is coming for you BL !
MOO

Last edited:
I'm worried about that too. Kept me awake the other night.

I think she died late on the 27th, around when the red-white couple got the video of the van, and he did exactly what he said he did, went for a long hike. His social media gives me the impression that going for a walk is part of his coping strategy for his emotions, plus it would mean he wouldn't be there when her body was discovered. I think he was so jumpy while he was hitching rides because he expected to see LE all over the place, and he was the most surprised person of all when he got back and found out nobody had found her.
The only thing i want now is that trash found so he can suffer in a small cage until he dies

Probably left some extra time in case they ran into traffic and then had to wait for the start of the appointment.
But why not just wait in the truck? Why get out and go into a library?

I'm a little surprised her family is opening her memorial service to the public. I hope "the public" is on their best behavior!

I love that they are doing this-and it makes sense, because Gabby’s last weeks are filled on social medi with everything she wanted to share. Actually I think it will help her family if there is a big turnout for her memorial.

Strange, but there is an even bigger following for BL than there was for “vanlife”, but not in a good way.

I think he left her out in the open as opposed to leaving her in HER van
( sorry) but IMO to decompose faster.
He took HER van because he could, he had her card for cash we know now & he could clean/erase anything incriminating in HER van back @ Florida home.
All the while she is out in the elements.

Time of death is going to nail him.
Dr Baden said the insect activity found on her body can tell pretty much her TIME of death.

Never underestimate the Calvary that is coming for you BL !
MOO
I wonder what his search history will reveal? I'm still thinking he made a call to his parents on the 28th or 29th of August and they said to get home. Their records will reveal this IMO. He must have felt entitled to use her debit card - I also wonder if he had his own face or thumbprint on her phone too?
JMO

I don't understand how they could have met with their attorney at the library without media seeing it.
The library was before the meeting. My guess is they left home early in case of traffic and were told not to arrive at the meeting building before a certain time.

I'm going to say this was innocent time killing in a public buildings AC where there's no expectation of purchasing anything plus an expectation of quietness in the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member