Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Laundrie told Robbins that Petito feared he would leave her in Moab without a ride, which spurred her “manic state” and caused the physical altercation between them. According to police, Petito left minor scratches on Laundrie’s face and right arm during the struggle." https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/16/gabby-petito-fight-utah-fiance/

This is only one of many places it was reported that this whole thing was exacerbated by her fear, rightful or not, that he was going to abandon her. There are reports of the witness stating she refused to walk away and leave him. Why? He had her phone. He had her car. He had all of her belongings that were in the car. And for this to get to the point it did with him locking her out of her property and her refusing to part with the vehicle, it seems logical that her fears were not unfounded. He may have even threatened her with it earlier. MOO
Yes siree. Presumably dressed in shorts, in a halter, in a campground, all her belongings in HER van, probably her computer, her money, her telephone, her water, her food, her bed, and her anxiety, yes, I'd have anxiety too at that point. What's she supposed to do? Go to other campers and ask to join their group? Was he also leaving with her tent? Too bad there weren't any cops around then, so she could have rightfully and legally told him to take a hike. For good. Not the hike he was telling her to take to "calm down" while he was leaving with her whole present "life" of belongings.

So shortly thereafter he is speeding some 3X above the limit for many miles, won't pull over for the cops even though she is begging him to, she finally touches his arm and he loses it to hit a curb at high speed.

Somehow he's the hero in all of this.

I really don't think that BL has anything to do with the murder of the two other ladies. It was said a man was stalking them for days and that would mean that Gabby would have had to be a part of that. No way would he have been out of her sight that often stalking other women without her knowing.
they spent (at least) the night of the 12 apart as required by LE no? on the 13th the murdered couple complained that a weirdo was stalking them at their campsite the night before. coincidence maybe? do we know where GP & BL spent the night of the 12th apart?

I was in an abusive relationship for years. The first thing he would take were the keys and my phone. Also, he would always remain calm in front of witnesses, which would deem me as the unstable one.
I'm praying for her, but I fear the worst.

How do we even know that they stayed separated that night? Honestly, even in my worst fights with my partner, if we were separated in a strange place and I knew that she would be scared/anxious with limited resources and only a van, I would absolutely have her come to my hotel room, even if it meant sneaking her in.

IMO, they were together that night in the free hotel room.

https://mobile.twitter.com/reenaroy/status/1438584613681704964

Reena Roy ABC7
@reenaroy

An open letter from the family of #GabbyPetito to Brian Laundrie's parents, again begging for answers

Totally unpopular opinion but...

With all due respect and empathy to Gabby's parents, they assume a great deal without any facts, in this letter.

1. They assume their son has told them where he left Gabby.
If they're not responding to Gabby's family, and Brian isn't talking, how would they know this? At this point, literally no one knows if he's told them anything, and if he did, if it was the truth.

2. They accuse Brian's parents of not helping and putting them through this, keeping Gabby's location hidden and putting Gabby's younger siblings through this.
None of us, and that includes Gabby's family, know if Brian's parents know a thing about the details.
If they don't know anything, they can't help, and they're certainly not the ones putting Gabby's siblings through anything or keeping Gabby's location hidden.
The sole person responsible for her disappearance, is the one guilty of that.
And we still don't know who that person is.

3. They go as far as bashing their character by asking "if they have any decency left".
I completely get that they're hurting deeply, but trashing Brian's parents seems rather unfair and unhelpful, considering the abundant lack of info and details.

Now, if it turns out the parents of Brian did know details and refused to help, I'll eat this post and all the crows y'all can find.

jmo

I'm following along. I can only say at this point, if BL hasn't harmed GP, why wouldn't he freely talk with LE about their last days together? What possible reason would he show up in FL, in her van without her and not explain? I have no good answers.

I'm hoping GP is taking a break from everyone/everything due to the fighting, LE contact, and the road trip adventure just not working out, and will be in touch soon.

MOO

Can you point me somewhere to the source of the Wyoming sighting? Thank you.
I'm from California and I often hear people say "Yosemite" when they mean "Yellowstone" & vice versa. And def people not from the west would make that mistake. Similar to folks who confuse Sweden/Switzerland. I think this was nothing more than that. They were slated to head to Yellowstone/Grand Teton area.

When someone is in danger or missing it should be obligatory for the person who was involved with them and there around the timeline to talk to law enforcement. This guy's behavior and negligence is infuriating and should be a crime unto itself.

From the press conference:

Todd Garrison, the police chief in North Port, said no criminality is suspected at this time. No physical search teams are currently on the ground as investigators are working to narrow down areas to investigate, he said. "We have resources and law enforcement partners that are out in the field following up tips and leads but as far as a grid search right now, we're still trying to narrow down geographic areas," he said in a news conference Thursday.”

Whaaaa? No ground search? I surely thought they’d at least be looking! Drones? Dogs from campsite or known point?

Reporter asked great question regarding an earlier statement by BL’s mom, “what happened in WY happened in WY”… Missed that earlier. She didn’t say UT. To me that means GP is in WY, not btwn there & FL. BL’s parents know exactly what happened & exactly where she is. Imo. I hope they have friends who exert pressure/disapproval. Squeeze til they crack.

Garrison said they are still analyzing the van & available tech. In Mollie T’s case that took about 1 month iirc. Then arrest.

Police ask public for help in search for missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
I just listened to this again. I’m hearing the reporter say that “the Petito Family” said this not BL’s family. I think that GP’s family is referring to the 8/12th incident and attempting to get people to stop focusing on that since she was known to be alive well after.

Anyone besides me realize there are additional stickers from the recent photos of the van? Perhaps we can speculate where they were based on the new stickers?
I'm perpetually behind at this point... I can't find the Cosmic Desert sticker yet, but the palm tree one is from a company called Stickers Northwest Inc, and I'm guessing it was for sale at a local store SOMEWHERE as you can buy the stickers wholesale from their website.
Today is a Great Day Sticker

And this is where concerns about sloppy police work come in. One officer observes marks on her face, but the one writing up the report excludes that info.
My impression was that the cop whose camera captured the incident was more sympathetic to GL, whereas the bearded cop who seemed to dominate the interaction had concluded that Brian was the victim and was (probably unconsciously) less interested in information that contradicted that view.

Police ask public for help in search for missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito

Todd Garrison, the police chief in North Port, said no criminality is suspected at this time. No physical search teams are currently on the ground as investigators are working to narrow down areas to investigate. "We have resources and law enforcement partners that are out in the field following up tips and leads but as far as a grid search right now, we're still trying to narrow down geographic areas," he said in a news conference Thursday.

"We share the frustration with the world right now. Two people went on a trip, one person returned and that person that returned isn't providing us with any information," Garrison said. "My focus isn't to bring Brian in right now. My focus is to find Gabby."
Seems odd to say the focus is to find Gabby yet not have any search teams on the ground. I get that they’re narrowing down areas but no one is physically searching for Gabby in the meantime. I’ve don’t think I've ever seen a missing persons case without some kind of ground searching on day one. It’s concerning because the more time passes the less evidence there will be on the grounds.

The FBI has to know so much more from the phone data.

Play out the 'he left her in the woods alone without a phone, and hightailed it back to mommy and daddy' scenario.

What are the odds he doesn't return to try to find / help her in that scenario? The next day? The threat of leaving her was a control tactic that he was routinely implementing and using against her.

He likely left her a few times and scared the daylights out of her to maintain his dominance and continue to abuse her emotionally and mentally.

He now seemingly has no emotional attachment to her whatsoever? Why? Does he know she is gone?
imo.

Totally unpopular opinion but...

With all due respect and empathy to Gabby's parents, they assume a great deal without any facts, in this letter.

1. They assume their son has told them where he left Gabby.
If they're not responding to Gabby's family, and Brian isn't talking, how would they know this? At this point, literally no one knows if he's told them anything, and if he did, if it was the truth.

2. They accuse Brian's parents of not helping and putting them through this, keeping Gabby's location hidden and putting Gabby's younger siblings through this.
None of us, and that includes Gabby's family, know if Brian's parents know a thing about the details.
If they don't know anything, they can't help, and they're certainly not the ones putting Gabby's siblings through anything or keeping Gabby's location hidden.
The sole person responsible for her disappearance, is the one guilty of that.
And we still don't know who that person is.

3. They go as far as bashing their character by asking "if they have any decency left".
I completely get that they're hurting deeply, but trashing Brian's parents seems rather unfair and unhelpful, considering the abundant lack of info and details.

Now, if it turns out the parents of Brian did know details and refused to help, I'll eat this post and all the crows y'all can find.

jmo

The silence speaks volumes. IMO they’ve reached out to BL with zero response, so now they are appealing to the parents. Parent to Parent.

IMO, I think poor Gabby was so gaslit. Entirely my own speculation but I sort of detect some dupers delight in BL when the police tell him he's the victim there and she's the aggressor (from the bodycam footage). Big smile and giggles immediately follow and he starts joking around with the police. All after he tried to lock her out of her own van, wouldn't give her the keys, and grabbed her face to shove her away from him. She clearly said she was afraid of him locking her out and leaving her, and he ultimately did. I don't think ANYONE wouldn't fight their way back into that vehicle if they thought they were going to be left behind in the middle of no where with nothing.

The smiling and thinking he's not in the hot seat cause they think she's the bad guy just gives me Chris Watts vibes for days.

ALL MY OWN OPINION.

people are throwing so much around as fact (like “fact” that he left her before when we actually don’t know that) it’s hard to keep it straight. We know they got into a physical fight. We know weeks later he returned with her. We know his lawyer isn’t letting him talk. That’s it. I feel so much for her family.

Do you think him pushing her away to keep her from hitting him is abuse? He claims that is what he did. BL also doesn’t deny touching her, screaming at her, being mad. He admits all of that to the police. I have read many comments here saying his abusive behavior drove her to lay hands on him. Apparently the only explanation re: her hitting him and leaving marks is that HE drove her to it through abuse. I’m trying to deal with what we know and I’m not sure we know that. Sounds like they were both mistreating the other. Maybe they were both being reactive to the abuse inflicted on one another and it got to a point where gabby was fatally injured?

I don’t think she was evil or a malicious abuser - i think they are both very young, emotionally immature and struggling - but she clearly hit him and left marks. Women can be manipulative and emotionally abusive as well. How do we know she wasn’t consistently having breakdowns and when he tried to leave her or defend himself she used her mental state as a weapon? Can I make that assumption or is that not ok? Would still make him a criminal and awful as no violence is EVER ok but how do we know? If he came out and said he was a DV victim (he WAS taken to a DV hotel room and was given the option to press charges by LE) and left his abuser somewhere and won’t cooperate because as a guy he’s scared he’ll be charged with a crime if something happened after he left would you give him the benefit of the doubt or still question him? Her being 110 pounds is irrelevant to her being an abuser. My husband was abused by his mother, even through adulthood. She always tried to pin it on him and as he got older and larger is was easier for people to believe her. The second he would try to physically restrain her from touching him she would scream abuse. I know statiscally men abuse women at extremely high rates. No argument. Just want to be clear there.

I’ve mentioned in my posts one can be an abuser and also not deserve to be a victim. I’ve also mentioned they were clearly toxic and harmful to each other. He’s not anywhere near clear in my head- not by any means. GP’s family deserves to know if she’s ok or not and if not where to find her. Period. My heart breaks for them not knowing. But he WAS being physically assaulted by his partner and all assumptions that clear her behavior don’t sit right with me until we know more information.

I VERY much appreciate this post. It’s kind of disturbing everyone just assuming he abused him as if women can’t abuse men…and honesty in the past we’ve seen huge outcries for women sentenced for killing their abusers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119