Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they had a budget to make it to see her other grandma. You have this amount of money divided by days. Could have been the reason the MP bill might have upset them. Still not sure about the MP.

In the beginning, I read that the incident happened with BL going in and out yelling and the manager didn't see it happening. No video cameras in the area they were seated, I think the back area? Anyone remember where that was? Disregard if no one remembers that. jmo

But when most people are on a budget, they look at the menu which is often outside the restaurant, choose something you can afford and go in or move on and choose another restaurant. Otherwise, you ask for the menu, see if there is anything you like on it and check the price. If it is too expensive, you leave the restaurant and find somewhere else.

Last edited:
In my opinion, we don't know if he "stole" money from the account(s) with her name on them. I believe it was her father who said they saved together for the trip--they could have pooled the money into her account. In any event, they still needed a good sum of money to complete and could have had thousands in the bank and still had money troubles.

MOO JMO The following may not be a fact and is just my opinion:

I'm with you that in de facto they had a shared account, but in de jure they did not or LE could not put out a warrant on him for using it after she was deceased. (Which I am sure is why the TOD was so craftily stated to be no later than the 29th.

MOO JMO The previous may not be a fact and is just my opinion

Perhaps they had a argument about whose turn it was to pay or was one of them expecting to split the bill? IMO perhaps due to their argument, they walked out of the restaurant forgetting to pay. I certainly think they ate there as we've seen the bill. But paying on the pavement doesn't make sense to me as few people pay with cash these days nor does GP going in to ask for her money back. Did Brian pay for both, then GP paid additionally for her own and realised later that her share had been paid twice? The customer witness claimed that Brian was the one who was angry yet the Manager claimed that Brian was calm. Brian going into the restaurant four times then Gabby going back in later to apologise for Brian's behaviour seems to be an excessive amount of times.

Whatever happened, IMO GP and BL had money problems. When I travel with someone we have a special purse where we both put in an equal amount of cash and payments are made out of that kitty except when we have to pay by credit card in which case, we spit the bill.
I'm trying to piece together two different stories from two different witnesses at two different times. We have a witness who sees a couple who are upset, Gabby crying and Brian being aggressive. Then we have a manager who sees Brian as calm.
The initial witness assumed the scene was due to a problem with the food or staff. But maybe the scene was due to a problem between Gabby and Brian that had nothing to do with the restaurant, or the food or the staff. The initial witness may have been observing a couple in crisis.
When the manager states Brian is calm, the manager may have seen the situation as Brian calmed down. Same as when the police pulled them over in Moab, Brian was very calm.
My guess would be they were having a personal dispute, Brian took off (as he explained he does when they need space), Gabby became upset and followed him. That's what witness 1 saw. Then the staff followed Gabby and Brian outside to remind them to pay the bill, they paid and then the two went inside to discuss the bill with the manager. That's when the manager observed Brian as calm.
It almost mirrors the situation from Moab.

True. I wasn't disputing the existence of the warrant. But it cannot be used to prove BL "stole money." And it seemed it was being offered as proof of that.
JMO
His lawyer admitted he had used her credit cards. He did this via text to journalists while Gabby's autopsy cause of death was being announced.

I'm trying to piece together two different stories from two different witnesses at two different times. We have a witness who sees a couple who are upset, Gabby crying and Brian being aggressive. Then we have a manager who sees Brian as calm.
The initial witness assumed the scene was due to a problem with the food or staff. But maybe the scene was due to a problem between Gabby and Brian that had nothing to do with the restaurant, or the food or the staff. The initial witness may have been observing a couple in crisis.
When the manager states Brian is calm, the manager may have seen the situation as Brian calmed down. Same as when the police pulled them over in Moab, Brian was very calm.
My guess would be they were having a personal dispute, Brian took off (as he explained he does when they need space), Gabby became upset and followed him. That's what witness 1 saw. Then the staff followed Gabby and Brian outside to remind them to pay the bill, they paid and then the two went inside to discuss the bill with the manager. That's when the manager observed Brian as calm.

In that account, why does GP ask for a refund?

I believe banks do this, yes. Can't remember exactly though. I am not in banking. It has been said by Gabby's parents before that they've helped her with money before.

In Australia my bank would cover me for it as credit card transactions are covered by the bank's insurance. You simply have to report it and the bank sorts it out for you.

Just for the record, the manager said that the Server said BL was calm when she went outside to get them to pay the bill. But yeah, he was probably still calm when they came back inside.

In Australia my bank would cover me for it as credit card transactions are covered by the bank's insurance. You simply have to report it and the bank sorts it out for you.
I was just looking at bank information of my own and have seen that in my paperwork as well.
Not sure if it's just some banks though or all.
I still question the fraud charge and BL only being a POI and feds never asking for tips as to location of BL or telling the public that he could be a danger in some way at least.

His lawyer admitted he had used her credit cards. He did this via text to journalists while Gabby's autopsy cause of death was being announced.

I think it was the warrant at issue. Regardless, SB's statements sent to the press by text aren't legal proof either.

I'm actually not disputing whether BL used the cards or accessed the accounts. I have no idea as absolutely no proof has been made public. All I'm disputing is whether a warrant proves guilt in a crime and it doesn't. And an attorney's statements aren't evidence either.

JMO

Part of this difference in Nina's account and what the manager has said could be simply described as people having their own way of viewing situations.
(ask 10 different people the same thing and you'll get slightly different answers)

Although I do think there are still missing pieces to this story that we as of yet do not know.

MOO

Part of this difference in Nina's account and what the manager has said could be simply described as people having their own way of viewing situations.
(ask 10 different people the same thing and you'll get slightly different answers)

Although I do think there are still missing pieces to this story that we as of yet do not know.

MOO
I think we got about 50 pieces of a 1000 piece puzzle :)

But when most people are on a budget, they look at the menu which is often outside the restaurant, choose something you can afford and go in or move on and choose another restaurant. Otherwise, you ask for the menu, see if there is anything you like on it and check the price. If it is too expensive, you leave the restaurant and find somewhere else.
The MP menu is online.
Menus | Merry Piglets in Jackson, WY
I usually check out restaurants online when travelling before going out to eat.

ETA: I do agree with you though!
What you say is true.
jmho

This part is odd as well.
It does sound to me like Gabby said California. AFAIK Gabby never lived in California.

People have suggested the transcript that says "California" is wrong. That she actually says "Holbrook" referring to an area in Suffolk County, Long Island. Although it doesn't really make sense she'd say that to police in Utah. But she was obviously nervous.
JMO

People have suggested the transcript that says "California" is wrong. That she actually says "Holbrook" referring to an area in Suffolk County, Long Island. Although it doesn't really make sense she'd say that to police in Utah. But she was obviously nervous.
JMO
I think it sounds more like North Carolina where she was living before she moved to Florida. But its so garbled I don't think there is anyway to say for sure what she said. Just another piece we will never know the answer to.

JMO
I did see the transcript. I just mean that it sounds to me like Gabby said California. Audio isn't great and i could only do so much to clear it up. It could be Holbrook though. I think it's been established that is where Gabby was born. IIRC

So you don't think the bank would go after anybody for misuse of an account that they oversee?
Quite unlikely IMO Especially considering fraud is a felony.
I'm not sure what the outcome would have been if he had proof that he had deposited money in the account, and was able to prove they were funding the trip with that money. Charges of fraud would be based on the assumption Brian knew she was dead, though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4