Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you have a reasonable expectation of privacy in areas of your property that are observable from a public right of way or a neighbor's house, and so I'm pretty sure that if someone grants permission to place a camera at their home it's totally legal. MOO.
They do it all the time on the show See No Evil. Maybe I just watch too much true crime drama.

For what it's worth, I shipped a small box to someone who lives about 6 hours away from me overnight via the USPS a few months ago. I used the appropriate box and label. I absolutely wanted it there next day. I arrived at USPS when they opened. The employee said, "2 days." Huh? He said the overnight guarantee went out the window awhile back with all the USPS issues the country has experienced. He actually said, "I can guarantee that'd arrive in California tomorrow, but I can't get it to Pennsylvania tomorrow." Even though I am on the east coast as well. He insisted there is nothing I could do to make that box arrive there at any point the next day.

That said, I just find it hard to believe BL's mother would snail mail something to him which would cause him to hang out in Wyoming longer than need be. What if got lost in the mail? They could have spoken on the phone. Phone calls aren't recorded by our providers. It'd record that the call was made and received and the length of time, but what they talked about wouldn't be tracked, esp as this was before he was a suspect so no one was monitoring his movements or phone.
I've had wierd experiences like that with the regular snail mail USPS. One time I mailed a Valentine's Day card to my mother in Los Angeles from San Diego (2 hours away). She got mad at me when it didn't arrive. She finally got it: It went from San Diego to Philadephia to LA!

It could be that one employee witnessed them arguing inside, and the confrontation with the manager occurred later, outside. That whole story is very strange. Why did they leave without paying?
I wonder if they ordered waters and the staff brought them chips and salsa, which is complimentary at many Mexican restaurants and they didn’t order anything else. Some restaurants do not state anything about having to order anything to get the free chips, so they are the chips, used the Wi-Fi, drank the non bottled water and jetted.

It could be that one employee witnessed them arguing inside, and the confrontation with the manager occurred later, outside. That whole story is very strange. Why did they leave without paying?
I was a restaurant server and I can say that people who are dining in restaurants are often just legit bonkers, power tripping, have unrealistic expectations, want to feel more powerful, take out bad moods on staff, etc. If there's underlying tension between a couple, watch out -- sometimes one member of the couple will just start picking on things and make themselves more and more wound up. You wouldn't think passions would be inflamed over straws, napkins, and diet cokes, but they are sometimes. This is reminding me that I need to cultivate gratitude every single day for my post-server career which pays a lot better and involves about 1/10th of the aggravation.

I wonder if they ordered waters and the staff brought them chips and salsa, which is complimentary at many Mexican restaurants and they didn’t order anything else. Some restaurants do not state anything about having to order anything to get the free chips, so they are the chips, used the Wi-Fi, drank the non bottled water and jetted.
I was thinking something similar. They ate the chips, ordered food and then he got angry when it took too long for the food to be delivered. MOO.

If the restaurant offered water or chips & salsa to you for free, they wouldn't be out the door after you for not paying. Maybe just mad that you hadn't ordered more. I think Brian expected to eat for free and tried to rip them off.

I was thinking something similar. They ate the chips, ordered food and then he got angry when it took too long for the food to be delivered. MOO.
If that's the case, then you tell them to cancel your order. I have had a Mexican restaurant offer my daughter & I water when we used their patio to wait for my husband to pick us up because it was dark and we were too tired to ride our bikes back.

If the restaurant offered water or chips & salsa to you for free, they wouldn't be out the door after you for not paying. Maybe just mad that you hadn't ordered more. I think Brian expected to eat for free and tried to rip them off.

But sometimes the salsa chips are free only if you also order a meal. If they hung out a bit, used the Wi-Fi and didn't order food, I suppose they might have thought they didn't owe anything. Seems a bit far-fetched, they weren't 10, but it's possible.

If that's the case, then you tell them to cancel your order. I have had a Mexican restaurant offer my daughter & I water when we used their patio to wait for my husband to pick us up because it was dark and we were too tired to ride our bikes back.
There are thousands of iterations of flouncing out without paying the bill. Might be that they did have appetizers but got angry that the main course hadn't been delivered yet. I can't stress enough that some customers in restaurants, especially those who are strapped for cash, are legit bonkers and sometimes look for any excuse to bug out.

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed.

Please move on from semantics surrounding use of the term "extremely" used by the experts. No need to hyper-focus on one descriptive word when IMO we can agree that if the disorder results in a murder, most people would consider that to constitute extreme.

Also, as noted in the Opening Posts, discussion of mental health in general is not allowed. Members may discuss what is said by experts in MSM as it relates to this case but regular members are not qualified to discuss/comment on the specifics of a disorder unless they are a WS Verified mental health expert (i.e. psychologist, psychiatrist).

Thanks.

Maybe. I wouldn't think a restaurant would charge for a complimentary bowl of chips though. It also doesn’t make sense that Gabby would pay from the street, then go back and ask for a refund for a bowl of chips. Maybe they were not happy with the meal, sent it back and were charged for it anyway.

Someone suggested they ran out of money, but we know in the days that followed she had money in her account because Brian stole it. I wonder if Gabby’s parents deposited money in her account around that time.

Maybe. I wouldn't think a restaurant would charge for a complimentary bowl of chips though. It also doesn’t make sense that Gabby would pay from the street, then go back and ask for a refund for a bowl of chips. Maybe they were not happy with the meal, sent it back and were charged for it anyway.

Someone suggested they ran out of money, but we know in the days that followed she had money in her account because Brian stole it. I wonder if Gabby’s parents deposited money in her account around that time.
While they should not have walked out without paying, a surprising number people do try to "dine & dash" especially when traveling in areas where they aren't known. We really do not know if G&B would have made a habit of doing that on trips.

Along with perhaps charging for chips and salsa if no meal is ordered (probably more common in touristy areas) we also discussed several months ago the weird tip situation.

Merry Piglets apparently charges an 18% "gratuity" on "discounted" meals.

https://m.facebook.com/merrypiglets...en-available-all-day-no-take/503164439745478/

So if the restaurant runs a special, say "buy one taco, get one at free," 4 $5 tacos would sell for $10 plus tax but there would be a mandatory $3.60 tip added. That looks like a tip of 36% because the 18% would be calculated on the cost before the discount (so on $20 not $10) Further if drinks were ordered with a discounted meal those would be subject to the 18% gratuity too. Based on online info, it looks like two sodas would cost $8 plus a tip of $1.44, two imported beers $12 plus a tip of $2.16...

As can be seen from the Facebook posts above, that system makes some people mad. I don't really blame them. It's also unclear when/where the system of mandatory tipping is explained.

I understand servers may make less when restaurants run specials but tips are supposed to be voluntary based on the quality of service. Reviews on Google suggest service at the MP can be quite variable. I'm sure they do alot of business but I still find it surprising to see so many online reviews talking about finding chicken bones, hair, avocado rinds, toothpicks, and so in the food. (Many reviews are positive but many of the ones that aren't are pretty alarming.)

I could see G&B might have walked out if they felt the charges were unfair or they found something weird in the food. And that might explain why GP paid and then tried to get her money back. It would have made more sense to handle it differently, of course, but people don't always think clearly.
JMO

I agree. It's worth noting too that G&B spent a few weeks at NS's house right before the trip and according to NS everything seemed fine. She denied seeing anything alarming. And Tara P apparently had been in an abusive relationship and she volunteered that nothing stood out for her with G&B either. So I'm not sure Jennifer C was right to say Cassie was "lying" unless we want to apply that label to other family members. And I know I don't.

My post was simply in response to a post about Jennifer C's views that the L's could be criminally charged. They could be, I guess (personally I doubt it), but it seems to me JC has not been accurate about other things.

JMO
Just throwing it out maybe BL didn’t act the same around her family as his. No true colors

I don't know if contents lend to the movie, but what we do know is:

According to Reilly,

1. the letter is undated so it’s not entirely clear when it was written. However, Reilly claims it was “certainly, based on what’s contained within the letter, it would appear as though the letter were written after Gabby was killed and before Brian took his life.

2. there was an offer to assist Brian with some things in that letter,”

3. Reilly was asked if I'd were planning to help Brian leave the country. "That’s not a part of the note, not to my recollection,” Reilly noted.

4. Rilley said the surprise on Bertolino's face was very interesting as he read that letter

5. His mother offered to assist him.

6. Reilly states the contents of this letter to Brian Laundrie are "pretty extreme." H
I’m still catching up so excuse me if this is covered later, but What if the letter from Roberta was word for word the suicide note left by Brian? That would tick off most or all of the above points. If she knew he would try to kill himself so told him exactly what to write to make it look like a mistake? To exonerate her and the family? I have no idea but it’s a thought, my own opinion and conjecture.

I’m still catching up so excuse me if this is covered later, but What if the letter from Roberta was word for word the suicide note left by Brian? That would tick off most or all of the above points. If she knew he would try to kill himself so told him exactly what to write to make it look like a mistake? To exonerate her and the family? I have no idea but it’s a thought, my own opinion and conjecture.

Interesting thought, but I don't think a parent would write a suicide note for their child. I think RL truly loved her son and would, like most parents, do whatever she could to protect him. I do think she would do that within the boundaries of the law, however.

Just throwing it out maybe BL didn’t act the same around her family as his. No true colors

That's certainly possible. But it's also possible B's actions were different away from family than they were around any family members. I don't think any of us can know. But for some reason that retired FBI agent, Jennifer Coffindaffer, felt the need to say Cassie probably lied about the relationship between G&P. That she must have known how toxic it was because they lived with her a few years ago. My point was just that as recent as the 2 1/2 weeks before the trip G&B stayed with her family in NY-- and her family said they saw nothing amiss. So maybe Cassie didn't either 2 years ago. Chances are things between them had only gotten worse after almost 2 years.

I get that people wish there were more obvious signs because that way there would be a better chance of stopping tragedies. And for me, I think the L's must have at least seen the couple fighting (and as I recall, Cassie did say they argued alot too.) But I don't understand how anyone outside the situation can say on a national news show Person X "lied" about not knowing G&B had a toxic relationship. Sometimes things are hidden.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member