Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New York woman, 22, who was traveling across country with boyfriend goes missing (nbcnews.com)
[...]

JP, her father, told Newsday Sunday that Gabrielle's disappearance felt like "drowning with your hands tied behind you."

"You can't describe it. There's nothing you can do. You can't control anything," he said.

Petito was traveling across the country in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a Florida license plate, which police said since has been recovered. It was unclear where her vehicle was recovered.
—-
BBM - wonder what made them report the van was hers ? My guess is her dad told the reporter it was…
JMO
It was recovered in Florida near HIS parent’s house! He drove home without her. Yet he doesn’t cooperate with LE on her “missing” status? He hires a lawyer? He knows what happened, in my opinion.

Seen several valid points about why BL might be lawyering up, but assuming he truly had nothing to do with her disappearance, how will he justify not being more helpful on providing details on her last whereabouts if she is perhaps lost or sadly is found no longer alive?

I'm trying not to go into speculation:

The family and LE have said BL was uncooperative. This doesn't mean a whole lot without context. LE often consider someone lawyering up before interrogation, an act of non cooperation. Until we know what was said or wasn't said, it's unclear.

For instance, if he honestly and truly doesn't know what happened (say she went with someone else, hypothetically) and had no answers, the family and LE might not buy that answer. He might be following the lead of his council.

There's just not enough information on some of these cases, released by LE, to have the public help, except very specific cases.

I have a problem with him not providing anything. Why did he lawyered so fast and why did he abandon the vehicle? I think he knows what happened to her.
Then why is the boyfriend not cooperating with LE? Why did he get a lawyer right away? Why not tell his story? Why isn’t he talking if he is so innocent? Sometimes the Moms can tell that the boyfriends are not to be trusted. We sometimes should trust the older people who have life experience! I wish young people would listen to their elders sometimes. I bet that boyfriend knows what happened to her. Why did he not cooperate with LE? What is he so worried about? Why did he lawyer up so fast? This all looks so incredibly suspicious.

It's not uncommon for van lifers to occasionally grab a hotel for the night in order to shower/extra rest/etc...

Yup. It's also not uncommon for van lifers to fight under the pressure. YouTube and Instagram glorify the life, but many have confessed that it isn't as lovely as it appears to be. It's all about finding the right shots and shooting the right moments...even if they don't reflect reality. As more and more think they can succeed at the Van Life SM pay check...many more are sadly disappointed.

The family and LE have said BL was uncooperative. This doesn't mean a whole lot without context. LE often consider someone lawyering up before interrogation, an act of non cooperation. Until we know what was said or wasn't said, it's unclear.

For instance, if he honestly and truly doesn't know what happened (say she went with someone else, hypothetically) and had no answers, the family and LE might not buy that answer. He might be following the lead of his council.

There's just not enough information on some of these cases, released by LE, to have the public help, except very specific cases.
bbm
Thanks again for reiterating that.
I'm also trying not to over speculate; but to go on facts for the most part.

I was unclear if it was just the family who said he was not cooperating.
Like you said, we can't take it too literally as the lawyer may have said to be quiet.
But for LE to officially announce it is big; imo !
LE are sometimes surprisingly mum about cases and it's important that they've made an official statement so soon.
Doesn't bode well for anyone.
MOO.

A close friend of the couple, who wishes to remain anonymous due to the sensitive nature of the investigation, told Fox News that all of the couple's friends are stunned by Petito's disappearance.

"My friends and I are just as confused and shocked as everyone else is and still trying to piece together everything that has happened so far," the friend said Monday.

Petito and Laundrie rekindled an old friendship in 2018 while living on Long Island and "from then on they were madly in love," according to the friend.

On July 2, 2020, the couple got engaged, Petito announced in an Instagram post.

They lived in Florida and both worked at a Publix in the months leading up their road trip while converting their 2012 white Ford van into a camper, according to Nicole Kalanich, a former co-worker.

Florida police call missing woman's case 'odd;' van found at fiancé's family's home after couple's road trip

Good timeline at link

Just a couple of things I noted when reading this whole thread that I didn't see mentioned:
1 - People living in RVs/Vans sometimes will get a hotel if they aren't feeling well/are sick/have a medical event. That probably isn't likely, but just wanted to mention it.
2 - About the text messages her mom isn't sure are from her... if they were faked by a guilty party, why would they stop only a couple of days in and not keep up with the fake messages to keep people off the trail?
3 - National Parks often have very bad cell signal or none at all. A lot of van dwellers will get coverage extenders or hotspots so they can use their devices, some use it even working remotely while on the road. I don't know how this would interfere with a digital footprint.

A close friend of the couple, who wishes to remain anonymous due to the sensitive nature of the investigation, told Fox News that all of the couple's friends are stunned by Petito's disappearance.

"My friends and I are just as confused and shocked as everyone else is and still trying to piece together everything that has happened so far," the friend said Monday.

Petito and Laundrie rekindled an old friendship in 2018 while living on Long Island and "from then on they were madly in love," according to the friend.

On July 2, 2020, the couple got engaged, Petito announced in an Instagram post.

They lived in Florida and both worked at a Publix in the months leading up their road trip while converting their 2012 white Ford van into a camper, according to Nicole Kalanich, a former co-worker.

Florida police call missing woman's case 'odd;' van found at fiancé's family's home after couple's road trip

Good timeline at link
Excellent find - now we know they had jobs !

I keep wondering if he was seen leaving hotel with her or was she alone? Did I miss this or is this part of the info LE is (possibly) withholding?

It is my understanding that they left SLC together. And the Happy Halloween pic was taken after in Ogden which is north of SLC which would be on the way to Wyoming.

Yup. I've said it often - a woman does not typically leave without her belongings, particularly her phone and some money/a credit card. We have seen it so many times here. You can imagine whatever scenario you like, but a missing woman with no phone or money is, 99% of the time, deceased. I don't mean to be macabre, but that's how I see this. I hope I am wrong, and I hope she is found one way or the other. JMHO.

Sorry I guess I missed this about her phone belongings. You're saying they are available, presumably with the bf? Can you point me to a source?

Okay - so, he somehow manages to keep this information to himself (she vanished without a trace) while he drives across country to his family - but never contacts her family?

Is this what engagements have come to? The fact remains that if she did indeed suddenly disappear on him (with or without someone else's assistance), in the vast area of Wyoming, near Grand Teton - he ought to have let local authorities know. Perhaps he has a reason (his own mental health?) for not doing so.

It can't be possible that he doesn't know the last time that he did see her (and what she had done, at least in part, for the 24 hours preceding). They were, after all, in a hotel together. Then they were in GTNP together...

To Note:
•Petito and Laundrie rekindled an old friendship in 2018 while living on Long Island and "from then on they were madly in love," according to the friend.
•On July 2, 2020, the couple got engaged
•They lived in Florida and both worked at a Publix in the months leading up their road trip

•Ted Williams, an attorney and former detective in Washington, D.C., told Fox News that authorities will likely have to use cell phone data and other forensics to track the couple's movements across the country.

•The FBI's Tampa field office is also assisting in the investigation.
•Brian Laundrie could not be reached for comment. He has not been named a suspect or person of interest in the case.

It is my understanding that they left SLC together. And the Happy Halloween pic was taken after in Ogden which is north of SLC which would be on the way to Wyoming.

Right, they got to Grand Teton. That much we know.

"Petito's mom told Fox News that the last time she had an actual conversation with her daughter was on Aug. 25, when the couple was in Grand Teton."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper