Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Do not lose track of the fact that Gabby suffered and died at the hands of this murderous beast. MOO
<modsnip>
There are too many odd things about this one for me.
1.) The corner very rarely releases the cause of death before the method of death. The body not being released to the family. The autopsy is being sealed and locked away. The two reasons you would keep this secret is if you believed the cause of death was soo weird you needed to trap a person into admitting it happened. Or you fear for someone else life by revealing what is done. If you believed that BL was suicidal, you would not want to let him know that you know everything or he might just do it.
2.) There is to0 much travel and movement in this case. Murder is a personal thing. When you kill someone you love, it is very personal. We have two options here. He either knew he was going to kill her and was the worst murder in the history of murdering. Or he snapped and killed her, panicked and we have current events. But most people need to be under some pressure to snap, need to have triggers. He left her days at a time alone. According to some, he travel to florida and back. Pressure and snapping does not travel well. Studies proven that pressure is released after just a few seconds apart. Days is a long time.
3.) Speaking of traveling, there is way to many things in this one that are speculation and armchair opinions. We don't have all the facts and we have way to many false facts.
I suspect that we will never really know that happened. Because I think BL is dead. And yes he looks guilty. But he innocent until proven.
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 6, 2021 • In part 2 of Dr. Phil’s exclusive interview with Gabby Petito’s parents, who are all sitting down together for the first time, they share where they believe Brian Laundrie may be hiding, and what they hope happens to him if he was involved in Gabby’s death. Plus, see their reaction to the latest developments in their daughter’s case

Gabby Petito’s Parents Discuss Hearing 911 Call About Gabby

Last edited:
I'm sorry to bring up the storage locker thing again but I really have to ask: if you were really trying to save money by emptying a storage locker states away from where you are, you wouldn't be flying. You'd ask friends or family to help.

Secondly: I do not buy the hypothesis that maybe they were extending their trip after Oregon/Halloween. IMO, Gabby would have said something to her family about those plans if they had them. Especially if receiving top up funds here and there from them.

Sorry. I tried posting earlier but thread was still locked and It was late at night (australia)
In the Moab LE cam video that was released first, I think BL said something about working their way down (southward I assume) on farms after being in the Washington, Oregon area. It was kind of hard to understand due to the road noise in the background.

I was listening to CNN in the car & they were talking about today’s search. Then Jean Cesares said Bertolino said he was alerted. Don’t know what that means…maybe the Landries alerted him about the search.

Oh that is fact now. Already been a trial, everything was completely connected. All the i's dotted, t's crossed?
I would not be soo sure of that.
1.) The corner very rarely releases the cause of death before the method of death. The body not being released to the family. The autopsy is being sealed and locked away. The two reasons you would keep this secret is if you believed the cause of death was soo weird you needed to trap a person into admitting it happened. Or you fear for someone else life by revealing what is done. If you believed that BL was suicidal, you would not want to let him know that you know everything or he might just do it.
2.) There is to0 much travel and movement in this case. Murder is a personal thing. When you kill someone you love, it is very personal. We have two options here. He either knew he was going to kill her and was the worst murder in the history of murdering. Or he snapped and killed her, panicked and we have current events. But most people need to be under some pressure to snap, need to have triggers. He left her days at a time alone. According to some, he travel to florida and back. Pressure and snapping does not travel well. Studies proven that pressure is released after just a few seconds apart. Days is a long time.
3.) Speaking of traveling, there is way to many things in this one that are speculation and armchair opinions. We don't have all the facts and we have way to many false facts.
I suspect that we will never really know that happened. Because I think BL is dead. And yes he looks guilty. But he innocent until proven.
MOO
Yes. You are correct - they are way too many unanswered questions and so many possible answers. Thank you for your post.

Oh that is fact now. Already been a trial, everything was completely connected. All the i's dotted, t's crossed?
MOO

As for what made him snap, I would bet that it was the LE interaction at Moab. That is a huge deal to someone who wants to always be in control. LE posed a very real threat to BL then even prior to the homicide. He might not have known exactly what GP said to LE but he knew they had a long conversation and she was crying. Rehashing that later at the scene of the crime would be enough for him to snap IMO.

MOO

I essentially agree. Even if homicide at Brian's hands, I believe it is probably an act of enraged passion.

All the speculation is largely because we do not have that single action... the POI coming directly to LE.

Where would we all be if he had just turned himself in.? I know I'd be Sad, but not speculating til the end of time.

I can't quote from the last thread but someone asked me about the federal warrant that was executed on the Laundrie's house and how it didn't include a drone.

The only warrant that was released was the FL search warrant for the electronic device that was found in the van before the FBI took over the investigation.

We have not seen the FBI warrant that covered the search of the house so we don't know what was in it. They could have multiple warrants including for tracking, electronic surveillance, etc. I doubt the FBI will release the warrant(s) or the list of items that were taken unless it is required to be released in discovery during the case (if and when BL is captured).

Regarding the Fox 13 Chopper/Heli footage & todays search in the swamp:

They're following the Power Line Trail. I see numerous LE vehicles and a large white van with a pale blue awning / canopy parked on the bridge that goes over the Big Slough Canal. There's a black & orange buggy that's going back and forth between another group of LE vehicles and the large white van with the awning / canopy.
I'm attaching a map marking the Power Line Trail, the swamp location of where LE is on the bridge, location of the white van w/ awning and where they are in reference to the Laundrie house.
It's quite close imo.

Attachments

• Power Line Trail . Bridge Location .  North of BL House - Copy.png
    Power Line Trail . Bridge Location . North of BL House - Copy.png
    914.4 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors