Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Kick Back and Unwind - Off Topic Side Chat

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is Open:

Please acknowledge before proceeding

Emotions and frustration are running rampant in the thread and taking it out on others is not permitted. If you need a break, take a break. Continuing to engage in this fashion is not moving the conversation forward.

Of Note:
-Move on from bickering
-Let go of the domestic violence debates
-Stop bringing in mental health

Tip: When you feel most compelled to hit "post" after quickly whipping up that response, see it as a sign you need to step back and re-read what you have written before clicking that button!

STOP HERE FIRST
———————————————
Mod Note:
Websleuths has 100’s of active threads, and nearly 200k members. With only a few volunteer Mods/Admins we need your help in keeping Gabby’s threads relative, civil, and engaging. Following the rules that are clearly outlined below will support the Mod Team and enhance your experience and interactions with fellow Posters.

The Rules:
-Domestic Violence Discussions/Debates are not permitted
-The Moab Traffic Stop is no longer open for dissecting (there are 76 threads filled with this info).
-Mental Health is not permitted
-Moab double murders are not permitted unless LE were to change position at some point
-No Bickering (Ignore or “Roll and Scroll”)
-Do not suggest Gabby died by anything other than what the ME has stated (Manual Strangulation)
-Do not Trash Brians parents (You can share opinions or perspectives of events, but rise above the rest. They have not been named POI’s in the case. Stick to what is known / has been reported.)
-Any other rules as outlined in TOS

Tip: Notice if you are posting about the case or about other Posters. Posting about other Posters is off topic. This can show up in the following ways:
-“I don’t know why others……”
-Party X or Party Y “Sympathizers”
-“Some Posters…”
-“Everybody keeps ……”

In a nutshell, be aware of what the intent is behind your post. Is it to bash fellow posters or is it to discuss the case?

Thank you for your help and support!

A Very Tired Mod That Appreciates Each of You,
Tiff

Last edited:
Does anyone know, if it transpires that the Laundries weren't aiding and abetting BL as so many have accused them of doing, the MSM who peddled the lies will have to issue a printed apology?

MOO

Not really knowing for sure, but as for MSM printing any apology, if so it will be on page 38...in very small print.
MOO

Does anyone know, if it transpires that the Laundries weren't aiding and abetting BL as so many have accused them of doing, the MSM who peddled the lies will have to issue a printed apology?

MOO
Their son and their strange silence have brought on all of the speculation about their involvement in this case. And their Attorney has made it worse. This happens. jmo

One more thing to consider. IF Gabby was the only person on the account in question; BL would not have been able to deposit money into it without Gabby's signature on deposit slips at the least.

That’s not at all accurate. A person can deposit or transfer money to another person’s account in myriad ways, no deposit slip or access needed.

Of course, most of what's done these days is done online/in an app, especially true the younger you are (my children have never written a physical check or been asked for one themselves).

You have Venmo (direct) and Zelle (bank-to-bank) apps. I venmo my kids money all the time, pay/receive with friends, and pay a couple bills (my snowplow guy prefers it). I'd use Zelle for more "serious" transactions. You just need their email or mobile number and for them to have set up an account.

You can also make a transfer from within your own bank's app/site to another person (using a billpay solution).

You can write them a check or endorse over one made out to you and deposit it to their account via teller.

You can write/endorse a check to them and they can deposit using mobile banking (photo deposit).

If they gave you their card you could make a deposit at an atm just as easily as a withdrawal.

No deposit slips needed in any of those scenarios, and banks do not care who deposits money into your account.

(Btw, you don't even have to write FOR DEPOSIT ONLY on a check, just endorse it (though wait until you're depositing to endorse, in case you lose it).)

I literally have not used a deposit slip in probably two decades.

Their son and their strange silence have brought on all of the speculation about their involvement in this case. And their Attorney has made it worse. This happens. jmo

The Laundries were acting under the advice of their legal representative, and implementing their constitutional right to silence.

Morally, some might disagree with their actions, but legally they've done absolutely nothing wrong, hence them not being considered suspects, or charged with any crime. Their priority was their son, and who can blame any parent for putting their child first?

MOO

The Laundries were acting under the advice of their legal representative, and implementing their constitutional right to silence.

Morally, some might disagree with their actions, but legally they've done absolutely nothing wrong, hence them not being considered suspects, or charged with any crime. Their priority was their son, and who can blame any parent for putting their child first?

MOO
I personally don't know if they are in any legal jeopardy, so I can't assert that they are not. I have questions, and so far, no answers. JMO

Yeah it's such a shame when some thing their opinions constitute fact, especially when it leads to innocent people being vilified.

MOO
Where are you reading actual media stating these things? I admit I haven't bothered with following coverage except here and there when things happened, and then it was usually WFLA bc they were on the ground from the start - and a couple Bertolino interviews just because observing him has refreshed my thinking about my profession/ethics. But the random things I've seen were standard "let's play somber and slightly unnerving music while we slowly repeat the same things we've been saying for weeks and voice over the same images of taciturn (L) or teary/angry (P/S) parents, smiling GP looking ethereal, serious or uneasy BL, air footage of swamp, still pictures of desert, blue lights and cop cars at a traffic stop, people standing in front of the L house yelling and screaming while the Ls once again get into their truck and go somewhere, a screenshot of an SB tweet and a quoted statement from LE.

In other words, obviously painting a picture that includes the point that the Ls are saying nothing and aren't acting very charmingly or sympathetically, ominously asking "what did they know? And when did they know it?" and speculating on"what's in the bag???" But that's SOP. I haven't seen any statements purporting to be facts about knowledge or abetting anything.

Morally, some might disagree with their actions, but they've done absolutely nothing wrong, hence them not being considered suspects, or charged with any crime. Their priority was their son, and who can blame any parent for putting their child first?

MOO

Re the bolded: We don't know if they've violated any law or not. We also don't know LE's views of or information about them.

But what other people (observers, LW, media, their lawyer, etc.) do or don't know doesn't change the underlying facts, whatever they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1