GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm puzzled by something. His FB picture shows him with dark hair. I thought he had very light hair?

Hey Everyone,

Don't forget coming up in about 40 minutes (8 PM Eastern) it's Tricia's True Crime Radio.

We'll discuss this case and the Jessica Ridgeway case.

Guest in Websleuths Newbie Mister Mayor.

Here is the link. If you can't listen live no worries. Just click on the link any time the show is over and you can hear the whole thing.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/10/15/websleuths-radio

```````````````````````````

He says on jessespeer.Wordpress.com/ that he has been a freelance graphic designer for past 10 years. Says photography is his hobby. October 15,2008 post there.

From his interview...I found this passage eerie:
<modsnip>

While that can be taken as "dark or creepy" now that we know who he MAY be, it isn't unusual speak for a photographer. It is common for a photographer to begin in one genre of photography and find themselves drawn to an entire different genre, way of shooting the pics, way of developing pics, color vs b&w etc JMO

He says on jessespeer.Wordpress.com/ that he has been a freelance graphic designer for past 10 years. Says photography is his hobby. October 15,2008 post there.

I read his ft job was in graphic design on one of his blog posts. (or at least it was at the time which was 08 or 09 IIRC)

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/article_3a7d4e38-164f-11e2-94f3-0019bb2963f4.html

A 39-year-old Manhattan (Montana) man was being held in Gallatin County jail Sunday on charges of kidnapping, jail officials told the Chronicle Sunday.
Jesse Speer was booked into the jail at about 11 p.m., Saturday and was being held for Wyoming authorities at the request of the FBI. He was being held on $2 million bail.
Attempts to reach the FBI were not successful Sunday, but Speer is apparently a suspect in and the abduction of an 11-year-old Cody, Wyo., girl earlier this month.

This is who is BELIEVED to be the suspect.

Jesse Speer is an excellent (and moderately well known, at least around the West) photographer. He lives in the same area I'm from.

I'm pretty shocked right now, let me tell you.

People -- when they're saying it could be anybody, they really mean anybody. I would not in a thousand years have suspected this guy.

He is eerie, he's got a distance about him like he's detached. I suppose he'll just have to detach himself to prison. I think Cody WY wants him for a come to Jesus moment.

Great job LE...

While that can be taken as "dark or creepy" now that we know who he MAY be, it isn't unusual speak for a photographer. It is common for a photographer to begin in one genre of photography and find themselves drawn to an entire different genre, way of shooting the pics, way of developing pics, color vs b&w etc JMO
Yes, I meant in light of what we know now. I think he took a dark turn in more than just his photography.

46810_428657392045_1606901_n.jpg

I'm puzzled by something. His FB picture shows him with dark hair. I thought he had very light hair?

If you go to his business FB and click through the profile pic you will see he is what we Brits would call ginger but may be more politely referred to as strawberry blonde or red.

Yes, I meant in light of what we know now. I think he took a dark turn in more than just his photography.

You are right, he may have. I am just saying that this type of "transition" he is describing is VERY common in photography/photographers. He may be an evil, evil man - but I can't make that decision based on what he wrote here. I have heard similar things thousands of times from those I know in photography. It's a "always moving" sort of art. You go where your eye takes you and often get focused on type of photography until you are "just done" with that and transtition into something else. JMO

Old buildings, dead trees......

Quite a few abandoned buildings in his photographs...perhaps not surprising as that is a popular aesthetic, but interesting nonetheless.

It's spooky because when I saw the picture of the location of poor Jessica's remains, I thought it looked starkly beautiful, like something I would see in a photograph.

I can see this guy is going to get a really fair trial...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoenStacey1961
Back