Found Deceased WY - Joseph 'Joey' Peterson, 16, autistic, Casper, 10 Nov 2019 *winter storm*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I liked your 'DBM'. Just the fact that you were 'here', adding some thoughts for this missing boy. Not sure what you said, but I surely would have liked it anyway. Okay, I'm slightly OT here, but this reminds me too much of Serenity. A helpless child out in these elements. May they all be found.

Was trying to find a way to balance hope/awful sadness for the emptiness when a loved one is missing. I was wondering if there was a special place up there for Joey or he just looked up there and thought "cool" and went to check it out.
I have a nephew that has autism one of my favorite people on the planet. These kids show you things you would never notice, make you think 100 times harder before you answer a simple question, and leave you in awe at the amazing details of the world in general. I'm keeping Joey and his family and friends in my prayers, and all the SARS and LE personnel trying to find him and get him home. There has to be hope.. sometimes that is the only thing that keeps us going :) Thanks Jim M for wondering and helping me figure out how to put it in words.

I keep hoping that maybe he found somewhere to stay warm, although I know that's unlikely.

Was trying to find a way to balance hope/awful sadness for the emptiness when a loved one is missing. I was wondering if there was a special place up there for Joey or he just looked up there and thought "cool" and went to check it out.
I have a nephew that has autism one of my favorite people on the planet. These kids show you things you would never notice, make you think 100 times harder before you answer a simple question, and leave you in awe at the amazing details of the world in general. I'm keeping Joey and his family and friends in my prayers, and all the SARS and LE personnel trying to find him and get him home. There has to be hope.. sometimes that is the only thing that keeps us going :) Thanks Jim M for wondering and helping me figure out how to put it in words.

Lovely posts, and I am hoping for the same. My heart just aches thinking of him out there alone like that. I want to believe he is alive and ok somewhere, not aware that so many people are worried about him and care.

If he is deceased, I hope he got to his happy place, if there is one up there, surrounded by the things that brought him joy and happiness.

I keep hoping that maybe he found somewhere to stay warm, although I know that's unlikely.

Lovely posts, and I am hoping for the same. My heart just aches thinking of him out there alone like that. I want to believe he is alive and ok somewhere, not aware that so many people are worried about him and care.

If he is deceased, I hope he got to his happy place, if there is one up there, surrounded by the things that brought him joy and happiness.

My heart also aches for Joey but also parents & siblings, especially his parents, who have already had to bury one of Joey’s brothers in 2015.
The loss of one child is utterly devastating, I just cannot fathom how even more excruciatingly painful this is.
What I think is helping them to process everything is their faith in God. Since I cannot quote SM I will not go into detail about my last statement. But regardless MO is just that, MOO.

Last edited:
Children generally won't run away if they think home is perfect. I'm not saying there was something wrong in the home, but I'm guessing he thought there was or he wouldn't have run away.

I totally agree. I have an autistic step brother though who I love dearly and his perception can be skewed at times. No judgement, but when I speak with him one on one he often views interactions with my parents differently than I have.

When I was a kid I ran away a few times when I didn’t get my way. My parents were great and never abusive at all. They were “controlling” in my eyes (and today I know they were reasonable). I definitely don’t think the home life has to be bad for a kid to run away.

I can find no updates on Joey. Are they still searching?
I have found nothing on any SM outlet & not on Google.
It certainly doesn’t seem that way on the father’s SM/FB account, well not since 11/20/19...which was nearly one month ago. Joey’s mom’s FB account is private so I cannot say anything either way about her.
The only answer that I can wrap my brain around as to why there hasn’t been any references/stories/further searching/etc...is bc Joey’s parents know that he isn’t alive & bc he isn’t alive, they know that his soul is in Heaven. That his body is just merely that, a body. It is to my understanding that the Peterson’s are radical Christians. And if that’s the case, then as another radical Christian myself, I *kind of* understand the POV of Joey’s body just being a (lifeless/soulless) body. But as a mom, religion aside, I would still want my son’s body if it was at all possible to have.
The Peterson’s have 5 other living children that they are tending to. And since it has been announced that it is now a recovery, I think that his parents are trying to move forward with their lives while they wait for Joey’s body to be recovered.

As a side note, I had zero intentions of writing any more posts but I received encouraging words from @AzPistonsGirl who helped me have the strength to write this post.

When I was a kid I ran away a few times when I didn’t get my way. My parents were great and never abusive at all. They were “controlling” in my eyes (and today I know they were reasonable). I definitely don’t think the home life has to be bad for a kid to run away.

I agree. Or kids go out to just explore and become lost.

I have found nothing on any SM outlet & not on Google.
It certainly doesn’t seem that way on the father’s SM/FB account, well not since 11/20/19...which was nearly one month ago. Joey’s mom’s FB account is private so I cannot say anything either way about her.
The only answer that I can wrap my brain around as to why there hasn’t been any references/stories/further searching/etc...is bc Joey’s parents know that he isn’t alive & bc he isn’t alive, they know that his soul is in Heaven. That his body is just merely that, a body. It is to my understanding that the Peterson’s are radical Christians. And if that’s the case, then as another radical Christian myself, I *kind of* understand the POV of Joey’s body just being a (lifeless/soulless) body. But as a mom, religion aside, I would still want my son’s body if it was at all possible to have.
The Peterson’s have 5 other living children that they are tending to. And since it has been announced that it is now a recovery, I think that his parents are trying to move forward with their lives while they wait for Joey’s body to be recovered.

As a side note, I had zero intentions of writing any more posts but I received encouraging words from @AzPistonsGirl who helped me have the strength to write this post.

Thank you for contributing and sharing here. I always enjoy your posts :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back