You Can't Make This Up - No Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those of us who don't have X/Twitter accounts can no longer see the posts.

Agree that usually there is interesting material to see!

We have some nearly unbelievable threads 'round here imho.

jmho ymmv lrr
You really can’t see the posts on twitter? I didn’t realize. I do have an account, strictly for news feeds and such. Why not get an account ?

ETA: I’m actually antI social media, primarily Facebook .
mainly because it perpetuates self centered narcissism. IMO

Last edited:
How an 11-year-old superfan met her pop idol, Michael McDonald

How an 11-year-old superfan met her pop idol, Michael McDonald​

The parents of 11-year-old Paisley Gardner didn't know what to think when she became obsessed with the smooth voice of 1970s soft rock legend Michael McDonald. Steve Hartman has the story in "On the Road."JUL 7, 2023

I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near) (2005 Remaster)​

How an 11-year-old superfan met her pop idol, Michael McDonald

How an 11-year-old superfan met her pop idol, Michael McDonald​

The parents of 11-year-old Paisley Gardner didn't know what to think when she became obsessed with the smooth voice of 1970s soft rock legend Michael McDonald. Steve Hartman has the story in "On the Road."JUL 7, 2023

I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near) (2005 Remaster)​

Oh my.
I would switch the station when that song came on..LOL

The back story: How did an 11 yo develop an interest in 70's soft rock?

I can't get the video to work, but here's an article:

Apparently, she was hungry and wanted to go to McDonald's and one of his songs came on. It was a coincidence, but she listened to the song.

She thought Michael McDonald had blonde hair and was in his 40's. She drew a picture of this imaginary guy.

She was shocked to find out he had white hair and wrinkles. She found it distressing.

After meeting him, she gave him the drawing.

Apparently, Christopher Cross and Michael McDonald are good friends.

Cool story

Last edited:
Stay vigilant against credit card skimming devices!

They might look like your standard keypad at self-checkout, but some are actually skimming devices! On April 1, the two pictured individuals attached a credit card skimming device to a self-checkout register at Walmart located on Exposition. It wasn’t until July 1 that the device was discovered! It is still not known how many people could have had their information stolen, but detectives are actively working on this case. If you recognize either of these individuals, please contact @CrimeStoppersCO

With the increase in self-checkout registers, investigators have noticed a rise in credit card skimming incidents, where criminals install hidden devices on card readers to steal your sensitive information. Here's how you can protect yourself:

Stay Observant: Before using any card reader, inspect it closely for any signs of tampering or loose components, even consider giving it a tug since they are usually only installed with tape. If something seems off, trust your instincts, and report it to staff or management.

Shield Your PIN: While entering your PIN, shield the keypad with your hand or body to prevent anyone from capturing it with hidden cameras or who might be peeking over your shoulder.

Choose High-Visibility Locations: Opt for gas pumps, ATMs, or checkout registers that are more frequented or can be seen by the attendant. Skimmers often target remote or less busy areas.

Use Contactless Payment: Whenever possible, utilize contactless payment methods like Apple Pay or Google Pay. These methods provide an extra layer of security by not transmitting your actual credit card number.

Monitor Your Accounts: Regularly check your credit card and bank statements for any unauthorized transactions.

Report suspicious activity immediately to your financial institution and the police. Report Suspected Skimming: If you come across a suspicious card reader or suspect skimming activity, notify the authorities and the business where it was found. Your help can prevent others from falling victim.

Share the Word: Spread awareness about credit card skimming among family and friends.

If interested, click on "watch on YT" link.

Aurora police warn of credit card skimming device discovered at local Walmart​

July 28, 2023
Surveillance video released on Friday showed two people allegedly installing a credit card skimming device at an Aurora Walmart back in April. The device was allegedly placed at the self-checkout area at the Walmart located at 14000 E. Exposition Avenue on April 1 and was not discovered until July, according to Aurora police. In a release, investigators said it was not clear how many people might have had their information compromised. Police noted the device looked like a typical keypad used at self-checkout counters and warned of an increase in credit card skimming as self-checkout registers have become more common in stores.

Last edited:
DOG-GONE IT!: A Golden Retriever couldn't contain its excitement to greet a thief who snuck into a family's garage to steal their $1,300 bicycle.

Police arrest alleged thief who made friends with dog and stole 8-ball themed bike from garage
Full story here: https://bit.ly/3YSucjE

Bodycam footage shows the moments surrounding a near-deadly stabbing attack on a Nevada police officer on August 25. The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said 25-year-old Sandra Lopez-Ochoa allegedly grabbed a kitchen knife and slashed an officer before being shot five times. The Law&Crime Network’s Sierra Gillespie @sierragillespie breaks it down.

There's a gorgeous moon tonight and tomorrow tonight its a super blue moon!

It won’t just be once in a Blue Moon Wednesday night, it will be once in a Super Blue Moon as the rare event will the second full moon of August.
https://t.co/gFYDfDSCBu

23 min ago

If you miss this one Wednesday night you will have to wait a while as the next Super Blue Moon will not happen until 2037.

There's a gorgeous moon tonight and tomorrow tonight its a super blue moon!

It won’t just be once in a Blue Moon Wednesday night, it will be once in a Super Blue Moon as the rare event will the second full moon of August.
Once in a Super Blue Moon Wednesday night

23 min ago

If you miss this one Wednesday night you will have to wait a while as the next Super Blue Moon will not happen until 2037.
Now, I’m able to honestly say I was kissed once in a blue moon.;)
It was bright and beautiful. I’m glad we went out to have a look! :)
I expect it to still be impressive in the wee hours of the morning, too, unless cloud coverage blocks my view…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back