You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, *deep breath* ... here's another one...

You know you're addicted to the CA case when you suddenly realize you have the capability to build an exact replica of the Anthony house in your Sims game. Next best thing to being there!

Brushing off the embarrassment for even thinking that, you then wonder if perhaps an actual 3D model of the house in 1/12 scale might better help you figure out just where to hide a body, even if only temporarily.

Oh, like the cops haven't already done this? ;) Don't look at me that way!
Woooooaaahhhhh....duuuuuude.... that one is serious addiction LOL.... (nurse goes back to visualizing whacking on "from the box" commercial dude)

when you are so very happy to have discovered all the funny people who help you realize you are not alone , maybe NOT losing it completely and can give you something to smile about in this sad saga............:)....thanks

Ok, *deep breath* ... here's another one...

You know you're addicted to the CA case when you suddenly realize you have the capability to build an exact replica of the Anthony house in your Sims game. Next best thing to being there!

Brushing off the embarrassment for even thinking that, you then wonder if perhaps an actual 3D model of the house in 1/12 scale might better help you figure out just where to hide a body, even if only temporarily.

Oh, like the cops haven't already done this? ;) Don't look at me that way!

Ha ha. Husband: "Honey, what is that on the table?"
Wife: "Oh, don't mind that. It's just a 3D model of the Anthony's
house. What?" (Husband walks away mumbling about crazy
people.) "What did I say?"

When you've ripped out and marked details and dates of this case all over your June and July calendar and you wish to see what day it is today. You then find that August has passed and that calendar page is no longer needed and never was once looked at and that it is now Sept. Now, thats pretty bad.

Ya'll crack me up! :clap:

You know you're obsessed when:
You're scheduled for surgery and you get totally ticked off when you realize that you
aren't being allowed to bring your laptop to catch up on WS after surgery. You're just
greatful there's a tv and you can catch up on NG, Greta, et al.

You've got a two hour drive to be due at the hospital for surgery and you're cking WS
for "just one last post to read before going" and DH is yelling "come on you can't be late!

When after you're out of recovery and you groggily ask your DH "so, was there any updates
while I was out?"

When you get home from surgery and the first thing you want to do is log on to WS
and then fall asleep over the laptop. When your DH turns off the computer and lifts
your head you awake and say "hey! I was reading that!"

Since you can't lift anything over ten pounds for 6 weeks and you are :woohoo:
because your laptop weighs less!

You're obsessed when the dogs constantly ask to go "out" and you take your laptop
and spend hours outside so they can walk themselves and you get not only computer
burns on your legs but sunburn everywhere else and you shrug it off as being the price
to pay for the convenience of not getting up and down to open the door or leave the
computer screen.

Last but not least, when you're told by your doctor you have to walk in order to aid
recovery and instead of walking through your neighborhood - you walk several times
around your back yard with laptop in hand refreshing WS so you don't miss anything new!

Ya'll crack me up! :clap:

You know you're obsessed when:
You're scheduled for surgery and you get totally ticked off when you realize that you
aren't being allowed to bring your laptop to catch up on WS after surgery. You're just
greatful there's a tv and you can catch up on NG, Greta, et al.

You've got a two hour drive to be due at the hospital for surgery and you're cking WS
for "just one last post to read before going" and DH is yelling "come on you can't be late!

When after you're out of recovery and you groggily ask your DH "so, was there any updates
while I was out?"

When you get home from surgery and the first thing you want to do is log on to WS
and then fall asleep over the laptop. When your DH turns off the computer and lifts
your head you awake and say "hey! I was reading that!"

Since you can't lift anything over ten pounds for 6 weeks and you are :woohoo:
because your laptop weighs less!

You're obsessed when the dogs constantly ask to go "out" and you take your laptop
and spend hours outside so they can walk themselves and you get not only computer
burns on your legs but sunburn everywhere else and you shrug it off as being the price
to pay for the convenience of not getting up and down to open the door or leave the
computer screen.

Last but not least, when you're told by your doctor you have to walk in order to aid
recovery and instead of walking through your neighborhood - you walk several times
around your back yard with laptop in hand refreshing WS so you don't miss anything new!

MOLLY! Are you ok? This is the damned funniest thing I've ever read.

I hope your laptop doesn't weigh six pounds! :blowkiss:

MOLLY! Are you ok? This is the damned funniest thing I've ever read.

I hope your laptop doesn't weigh six pounds! :blowkiss:
Yes, I'm okay. :blowkiss: I was grumpy the whole day I had to go for a checkup the other day and I was sans computer and WS! Next one is in 3 weeks and I keep telling DH that I can talk to him and read WS at the same time in the car but he's not buying it. :crazy:

LOL

How many of you have spouses or S/O's who talk with you about the case?

My husband watches NG with me and we do discuss some about the case. Note I said "some"...he is interested, not obsessed like me. :crazy:

The other half didn't know anything about this case at all up until a couple of weeks ago. The man just isn't interested in news or what's going on in the world. He now will ask if there is anything new, but I wouldn't call him interested in it.

And, he's used to me being glued to the computer. I trained him well years ago when he bought me my first pc. 2 weeks later he came home with a second pc and said if you can't beat em join em.

when you are so very happy to have discovered all the funny people who help you realize you are not alone , maybe NOT losing it completely and can give you something to smile about in this sad saga............:)....thanks

Me too! I danced around the living room when I found this board. : )

You know you're addicted when your Outlook email spell check no longer pauses on Caylee, Casey, WS or Padilla, because you've added them to your spell check dictionary.

When your DH or kids come home and ask "is this get your own night?" (Meaning dinner) Or instead they head straight for the fridge without bothering you.

When your DH or kids come home and ask "is this get your own night?" (Meaning dinner) Or instead they head straight for the fridge without bothering you.

Ha ha. I wish mine would get their own food. Hubby is learning, but the kids have a ways to go.

Knew I was addicted when:

I have to wash same load of clothes at least three times (because they "sour") before making it to dryer.

Hubby wonders why the outside dog toys are returned to their basket every afternoon before he gets home. I tell hubby I've been training doggies to pick up toys in my spare time, LOL.

Hubby says if I have any spare time, tell Patti G he said hello.

It'a a mess.

1. You pass on your scheduled gym nights for close to 2 months, what's a couple extra pounds.
2. You no longer go home for lunch anymore on workdays (in case something happens on the drive home).
3. You begin to 'Pull a Casey' and lie to your famly and friends on why you cannot make your scheduled plans with them.
4. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner is now eaten in front of the computer.
5. You reconfigure your computer with new hardware to be able to watch the news updates/talk shows on your pc, simultaneously while you read websleuths.
6. You are amazed that others do not want to talk about this case 24/7.
7. You know more than all of the news shows and reporters on television combined and scream at the tv with the proper facts (while your family stares at you in horror).
8. You fear your legs are beginning to form blood clots from being in the same position for so long.
9. You begin to use first names (Tim, Leonard, George, Cindy, Yuri...) when talking to friends and family and you are annoyed that they have no clue who you are talking about.
10. You begin to fear that all your Google searches are one day going to come back to haunt you if your computer is ever confiscated.11. Lookout Rachel Ray, the 5 minute meal has now been perfected.
12. You are shocked that the 400 page affadavit is not on NY Times BestSellers list yet and cannot believe no one has taken you up on your offer to lend it to them.
13. You believe your family is secretly planning an intervention and suddenly you can relate to the addicts on A&E who want nothing to do with rehab or help.
14. You have had to restrain yourself from reaching through your computer and doing something not so nice to the posters who believe that the tow truck company was to blame for the dead body in the trunk.

LOL!!! I thought I was the only one!!!:clap:

Ha ha. I wish mine would get their own food. Hubby is learning, but the kids have a ways to go.
Now if only I could train the dogs to feed themselves. Leaving the dog food container open isn't working! They actually expect me to put it into their bowls! :eek:

Knew I was addicted when:

I have to wash same load of clothes at least three times (because they "sour") before making it to dryer.

You teach your 8yr old DD how to put her school uniforms in the washer and dryer so she'll have clean clothes for school.

(All the other older kids do their own laundry, really honestly, and that was before this case)

:crazy:

You know you are obsessed with the CA case when:
You go to call your 11 old year old for lunch and call out KC instead!

OK that did it. I cannot believe that just happened! I am taking a break from this case. (Only till this evening...he he he I need to pay the monthly bills that i have let go anyway before something gets shut off!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back