You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Christmas????? Oh Yea....

Thanks for the reminder my friend PH :blowkiss:
NP, my Buddy! I am sure you'll come up with something suitable for the holidays. :D

I just reread the entire thread again, and I am hoping others do, too. We've been through a lot together. :crazy:

You know your addicted when you go to albertsons to order your turkey dinner , hide the trimmings, put them in pretty bowls with last minute decorations and never tell the family that this years feast is not the southern cooking there used to but that you have tried new recipes this holiday season that just weren"t keepers.

Your fiancee gently asks whats for dinner and you raise your bloodshot eyes from the screen long enough to growl, "Dinner, what dinner, do you think Caylee's having dinner tonight?"

You have started keeping a notebook next to the bed, so jus tin case you have a light bulb moment, you can write it down. (Mind you, I won't even write down a grocery list by hand.)

You have to ask a professor for an extension on a 5 page paper because there was another document dump and you were up all night reading, which led to you forgetting that the paper was due.

Oooh, forgot one....

You know you are addicted when you have nightmares that KC is chasing you with aerosal spray bottles of chloroform and everyone you try to get help from passes out from KC spraying them!!!

HELLO...too much time on here!

when you walk into a room to find your grown children snickering, only to find out they have bets going on as to how many minutes I can go before bringing us the case.

I love my BRATS .........lol

You see the topic "Bills, bills, bills", and you think, "Oh crap! The water bill is due today!"

When every work or household task is done in 5 minute increments, so you can run back to your desk and hit refresh.

~ you give 'the look' to people who actully come into your office and ask you something that directly pertains to work...hence the name - ishouldbworking.

my boss is very familiar with my obsession and starts all dialog when entering my office with - any updates on the case? then proceeds to ask me whatever he came in for.

wtf ~ email doesnt work anymore buddy???

LOL! I say that ^ to DH when he wants to talk to me.

You know you're addicted when...

1) your 11yo (while searching for a clean PE shirt) glances up at the TV and asks, "Is Caylee STILL missing?"

2) your daily trivia record is in jeopardy due to missing a day or two of play...you were too busy reading the daily updates!

3) while working on the costumes and sets for the middle school adaptation of The Music Man, you keep referring to "Zaneeta" as "Zenaida". Oops!

4) not one gift has been bought or shipped; not one decoration hung; not one cookie baked; and you don't even care. All you want for Christmas is a confession!

Forgot one myself. You read all the other posts mentioning Christmas and actually have to ask yourself, "what, already?"

When every work or household task is done in 5 minute increments, so you can run back to your desk and hit refresh.

Ha ha...that has been me that last few days. I really need to get some work done at work. And don't even ask me about my school work...if I'm not careful I am going to fail a super easy class (working towards my B.D. online) and it is just because I can't stay away from this site. Addicted, I tell you!

I also loved the post about having your kid read them and count it as evening reading. That would save so much time....I'm going to try that!

I think if we compiled all posts from this thread we might have the first webslueth coffetable book on what warnings to watch out for while sluethin. Of course this would be sold in the humor section of our favorite bookstores or would it be included in the psychiatric section for addictions while sluething?

Just returned from a cross country trip....I asked my husband...can we just stop at Starbucks so I can check webslueths....pleaseeeeeeee......He even gives me updates from NG when I'm out of the view of tv. OHHH I'm bad. Neither of us drink coffee.

So true. ROFL. :clap:

And from angel mom: All you want for Christmas is a confession! ITA!

Also, when the collection of empty glasses, diet coke cans, and cereal bowls is taking up too much room by the keyboard.....then it's time to make a trip to the dishwasher. And this is just from one day.

Oh...also, I printed out every single sheet of the last doc dumps to fed my obsession while traveling.

Forgot the main one.

You know you're addicted when...

I get a PM from JBean and I think OMG what did I do now, I hope I am not on Time Out

On a holiday, celebrating with family, you sneak into the bathroom with your iPhone to check in to WebSleuths see if there is any breaking news. I have done this. My husband tells me he can't wait for this case to be over so I can get over my obsession :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:Love this icon - reminds me of KC's huge white sunglasses!

So true. ROFL. :clap:

And from angel mom: All you want for Christmas is a confession! ITA!

Also, when the collection of empty glasses, diet coke cans, and cereal bowls is taking up too much room by the keyboard.....then it's time to make a trip to the dishwasher.

Ha! Still not a true addict. We stopped using real dishes back in August. I'm making money on my Dixie stock now, though - thanks to you all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeCoffeeMa
Back