You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've got a baby monitor set up next to the TV that has TruTV/HLN running every possible moment from 9 a.m. to when Joy Behar signs off (if she's talking about the case.) The receiver comes with me when I do yard work, laundry, shower, etc.

Need I add that I never have and never will have -- a baby!? LOL. The monitor is solely to make the trial more portable as I go about my work and yardwork.

I've got a baby monitor set up next to the TV that has TruTV/HLN running every possible moment from 9 a.m. to when Joy Behar signs off (if she's talking about the case.) The receiver comes with me when I do yard work, laundry, shower, etc.

Need I add that I never have and never will have -- a baby!? LOL. The monitor is solely to make the trial more portable as I go about my work and yardwork.

brilliant!

-1st thing you do in the morning is turn your iPad or laptop to check Websleuths and to watch the live stream of the trial

-If you have to go out and check Twitter constantly for updates (planning on getting an Android phone soon to be able to watch the coverage)

-Your TV is on HLN pretty much all day; TV-DVD's you were watching regularly now sit abandoned

-You talk to other family members about the trial and they ask you for updates

What a great idea!

-1st thing you do in the morning is turn your iPad or laptop to check Websleuths and to watch the live stream of the trial

-If you have to go out and check Twitter constantly for updates (planning on getting an Android phone soon to be able to watch the coverage)

-Your TV is on HLN pretty much all day; TV-DVD's you were watching regularly now sit abandoned

-You talk to other family members about the trial and they ask you for updates

Welcome! The great people here at WS turned me on to sky fire, a 2.99 app for iPad. It allows you to watch flash videos on the iPad, hence live trial coverage!

You know you are addicted when your DD asks you to come help her and her husband move in Chattanooga and your first thought is how far is that from the body farm. Thanks Little lulu for the picture, now I won't have to take that road trip and will actually be able to help them:)

When you turn down extra shifts at work(right now I am only required to work weekends and stat holidays) and for the rest of June that is all I am going to work even tho I could be working more.Still have to get up as early as if I was working tho,being on the west coast,most mornings I am up between5 and 5:30,but I must say I am excited to get up and get back to the trial.

You know your addicted to this case....

When you need to fly out to the store and get back before the 9am hour...which is what I'm about to do right now....

BBL got some bills to pay...JMHO

Justice for Caylee
Ha Ha I thought I was the only one who did this. I took a mower into the repair shop and grocery shopped all before 9 this morning.

Ha Ha I thought I was the only one who did this. I took a mower into the repair shop and grocery shopped all before 9 this morning.

LOL: It's 10:50 here on the WC and I just finished putting the last of the groceries away. Gots to get off to bed, so I can try to get 7 hours of sleep before court starts.

Oy vey!

Mel

you know your addicted when......

you do find time to speak to your family (sidebars), you now talk like your in court...

"now earlier you stated that you finished your homework, is that correct?"

OMG... coffee all over. This is SO true! Sidebars are the only time I get ANYTHING done! I keep 4 grandkids, and the poor things know to not bother me except in an emergency, till my hot-pink earbuds come off! When sidebars occur, I am flying up to offer juice, crayons, load the dishwasher! This is HYSTERICALLY funny to me!

I only wish I had found this site sooner. I enjoy the posts immensely, even though I am not a chemist. Thanks all for filling in the blanks for me, and for making me laugh!

My 4 1/2 year old grandson told me a whopper of a lie today, and I responded "Don't try to pull a Casey Anthony on me". He recognizes ICA on my laptop screen and knows her name. I also seem to relate many of my little daily events to the trial.

*No grandchildren were harmed or neglected during the watching of the ICS trial.:skip:

brilliant!

(re the baby monitor to tote around for listening to trial)

Must give credit to a fellow news junkie for turning me on to this idea years ago -- think Chandra Levy/Gary Condit wall-to-wall coverage era -- and it's great for following news. I buy the monitors at yard sales for $3 to $5 and after much trial and error can say that Fisher Price Sound and Lights is the only model worth getting, at least for TV audio transmission. Get the batteries at a dollar store and you're all set for all news, all the time!!!

You know you're addicted to the case when your internet connection slows due to excess usage. You have two choices: wait 3 days to get the speed back so you can watch the trial live, or upgrade to the highest plan available, and you choose the latter because 3 days seems like an eternity.

And when you find yourself using terms like 'objection', 'that is correct', 'may I approach?', 'isn't it true that.......' in everyday conversations , and call for a side bar when you and your partner disagree on parental issues. :giggle:

Ewww....I don't like this one. I found myself saying, "Did you not?" at the end of a question to my husband!!! Oh no....Jose is wearing off on me!!!

Your son is sick of running "errands" for you from
9-5 M-F!!!

Addiction is when your daughter asks you to watch her little ones while she runs an errand, and frankly tells you she is worried that you will be so absorbed in watching the trial that you may not give them the level of care she is comfortable with. I assured her my grandbabies always have top priority over anything. But she knows her mama well and is well aware of my obsession with this case. May not be able to post tomorrow but will be tuning in to the trial. Can only juggle so many objects at one time. :crazy:

You really need a haircut and keep putting it off because you cannot possibly be gone that long. You also have your "camping supplies" close at hand. Water, snacks, cell phone, cordless phone, tv remote, dvd remote along with laptop and lap desk to sit it on. AND you resent having to take a bathroom break before the jury gets theirs. As if this isn't bad enough, other family members become interested, then become addicted to watching every single minute. The phone rings with friends asking "are you ok?" because you won't answer the phone during the day. Sigh. It's going to be a long, hot summer.

ETA: You have to ask "What in the world is WeinerGate????"

1. dvr more than usual..the trial during day, hln news after in session.
2. wathing JLM and NG as normal but adding Dr. Drew to line up to watch.
3. rewinding objections and tesimony that I just have to hear more than once.
4. Counting the times JB gets shot down by Judge and waiting for the next.
5. Going to bed and last thing I think and try and figure out is
"Where did Caylee die, when was the body moved to the trunk..
6. lots of pizza order or quick meals so I can devote time to watching trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back