You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I knew I was addicted to the case when:

I woke up last night in a cold sweat from dreaming that my beloved dog of eleven years had been stolen by... the meter reader! :eek:

It was one of the worst nightmares I've had in a long time and I blamed the entire DT for what I went through.

1. You suddenly start cross-examining any one who disagrees with you

2. Mealtimes are no longer lunch, dinner - they are now recesses

3. Your everyday vocabulary now includes 'sustained', 'I object' and 'am I not correct?'

4. You feel an expert at law and feel wasted that you didn't make this your career

5. Rice is totally off the menu

6. Every time you hear the word 'chemist' you giggle like a child

7. You feel an hour and a half for lunch for the jurors is way too long as your chores are
finished already.

8 You feel an hour and a half for lunch for the jurors is way too short as your chores are not finished

9. You feel a tightening in your chest when the court is ready to be excused for the day

10. You ask your children if they have heeded your previous admonitions

11. Your a little more stricter on your teenage daughter 'just incase'

When you have 4 streams and cable on at the same time and Websleuths open in another browser because that's the one I don't want to go down when Flash eventually crashes.

Well done, Ma'am!

1. You suddenly start cross-examining any one who disagrees with you

2. Mealtimes are no longer lunch, dinner - they are now recesses

3. Your everyday vocabulary now includes 'sustained', 'I object' and 'am I not correct?'

4. You feel an expert at law and feel wasted that you didn't make this your career

5. Rice is totally off the menu

6. Every time you hear the word 'chemist' you giggle like a child

7. You feel an hour and a half for lunch for the jurors is way too long as your chores are
finished already.

8 You feel an hour and a half for lunch for the jurors is way too short as your chores are not finished

9. You feel a tightening in your chest when the court is ready to be excused for the day

10. You ask your children if they have heeded your previous admonitions

11. Your a little more stricter on your teenage daughter 'just incase'

Everyday you all prove you are the most clever group out there! Seriously!! :floorlaugh:

We are a one car family so I take hubby to work and pick him out when his shift is over at around 1:30pm. I know I'm addicted because I told him if Dr. G was testifying, he better take a cab home.

Last week I sunk to a terrible new Low!

Elderly parents live with us. Last year when Mom had her total hip replacement I went on Ebay and bought a used 3-way intercom.
Plug it in, make sure all the intercoms are on the same 'channel' (A,B or C) and adjust the volume.
Lemme tell ya....these suckers are LOUD!

They worked perfectly during my Mom's recoup.
She pushed a button and whether I was outside or in my bedroom (I could hear her call me without the intercom, if she needed me, from any of the other rooms in the house -- very small house. lol), I would hear a loud, long, high-pitched Beeeeeep. The more times she pushed the button on her end, the more it beeped on my end.
I push my "Talk" button and Mom tells me she needs a drink of water, or her meds, or she's hungry....whatever is needed she can reach me easily without having to strain to shout for me.

After Mom recouped we decided to leave the intercoms in place because Dad ended up with some health issues and it just made sense for me to be able to hear them should they need me.....especially in an emergency.

OK, now there is no way I would tell a single soul what I've done EXCEPT my WS family.... I am sooo ashamed!

The intercom in my bedroom; I unplugged it from behind my nightstand and plugged it in next to my little TV and placed the intercom on top of of tv (it's a little white 3" x 4" box).

The intercom that we were no longer using, I put near my computer......yes, right next to the computer speakers. My computer is out in a separate little shed-type building in the back.

I placed the third intercom under the Gazebo ...... right in the middle of the back yard.

Now, whether I get it from my bedroom TV or my computer speakers, I can pull weeds/fern/ivy....something I hadn't done since jury selection and boy was it baaaad!...... and I can listen while I work!
If something is sounding interesting, or voices get loud in the courtroom, I can run inside and see what's going on.
But for the most part, I am getting things done AND keeping up with the trial!

Oh, my parents?
Um...... yea. About that. Been looking on Ebay for 2-way portable intercom.

How bad am I? Elderly parents and I'm taking away what could amount to their lifeline....all in the hopes of seeing/hearing Precious Caylee get Justice!

Amity, who hangs head in shame.

Now that I've told my terrible truth to you all, I have to add:

OMG, I've been laughing sooo hard reading all your posts!
And my neck is about to break because as I read I am shaking my head 'yes, yes, yes, yes!'
to soooooo many of these posts. You all are so good for my mental health....THANK YOU!

You know you're addicted when:

1) You have a shortcut on the home screen on your Android to the Caylee Anthony thread on Websleuths!
2) Your one year old is crying about wanting something she can't have and you reply with "Objection noted and Overruled."
3) You come home from work on a beautiful sunny day and immediately engross yourself in hours of testimony about pupae and larvae.
4) You are now impressed by your ability to drop terms like "mass spectrometer" and "qualitative analysis" into casual conversation.
5) You have actually googled "chloroform", "neck breaking" or "shovel" just to see what comes up.

Showers?!? You guys take showers? I haven't seen my razor in so long, you could braid the hair on my legs. OMG, what is wrong with me? Is this addiction? :eek:

:floorlaugh: Guilty as charged! I am also guilty of not putting on make up on a rare excursion out of the house, as someone else pointed out. And I never do that!

Here's my other one:

The furballs and dust bunnies in your house are threatening to take over entire rooms where you can't see the TV or computer. Are those things edible you think (since there's no groceries left)?

I have been "asking" questions by making statements and then adding at the end "did it not?/does it not", etc. LOL I've never done that before

Also my grass REALLY needs to be cut!

And I'm falling behind on my school work :(

You know you're addicted when your ADULT ( so I don't get reported to DFACs) daughter threatens to join Websleuths because she claims 'that's the only way I can get to talk to you.'

So if anyone comes across a new poster who goes by the name of 'HereForMyMom' (her premeditated hat) that would be my offspring just trying to have a word with her mom.

When someone has told you that when you proudly point out in conversation that you haven't mentioned the case? You have just mentioned the case.

Someone is at the shore all week on vacation, and drags their laptop & headphones to the beach so they don't miss anything. Even worse, is when said person runs back to the house to re-charge the battery during the lunch break, so they can then listen to the afternoon session and read all the posts on WS.

^ guilty as charged - and getting the stink eye from friends and family.

Ummmm...when you get the chance to leave work early "just because" ....and you don't because you will miss the last hour of testimony for the day.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

... when I start feeling a bit sad and empty when I think about the fact that the end of the trial is quickly approaching. Now, THAT'S bad. I'm ashamed.. for real. :(

After I spend the whole day watching the trial but still look at reruns at night hoping for a different outcome if something didn't go the way I thought it should.

Your teens come in with four of their friends, and your son says you have to be quiet mom's in court. One of them says wow dude your mom is a lawyer? Son says she thinks she is, I say I object, son says I rest my case...

Son: mom can we get some pizza? (pizza for 6 teens cost a lot)
mom: yes but you will have to eat it in the jury room (meant to say dining room)
son: mom get out of court land.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back