Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
free2ride, Thanks so much for the pictures and map. They were most helpful.

Paulette

Ok - sorry it took me so long. Hubby's to feed and kids to send to bed. :angel:

My daughter talked to the landlord of EB & AB 2 weeks ago regarding renting a mobile home from him. When she saw the picture of house where Zahra's lived on a news station she realized it was near the home she inquired about. So today we rode back over there to look at it closer.

We looked at the empty home and took pics of it first. At this house you will see a 2nd manhole cover, woods, ravine and a row of mailboxes. And Z's house at the top of a hill. The hill she was forced to walk? Not sure because there are two steep hills in this area.

DSC_0160-1.jpg

This is what the manhole covers look like.

DSC_0150.jpg

In this photo you see Z's house, the hill and the 1st manhole cover. It is almost directly in front of the house.

DSC_0161-1.jpg

In this photo you can see the 2nd manhole cover in relationship to the mailboxes. Z's house is at the top of the photo to the left (unseen). But if you look across the road from the mailboxes you will see another ravine / wooded area.

DSC_0155-1.jpg

This is the second steep hill and it would actually be harder to climb than the one in front of Z's house. At the top of this hill is where Z would have been picked up & let off by the school bus.

DSC_0159.jpg

The last picture shows the empty house we were looking at. It is located at the bottom of the hill from Z's house. To the left of this house is (of course) another home. And this is a metal, round object in the ground. Since it was in someone else's yard I didn't get a close look at it. But I expect it is the "well" that everyone is thinking they see on the maps. However I don't believe it is a well because this mobile home park has township water. I know that for a fact because I used to work at the township in the water department. And they would not have an abandoned well in this area (I'm fairly certain of that). If it were an older house then maybe but the subdivision rules are pretty strict on the water being supplied by the township when the homes were put in.

DSC_0153-1.jpg

I've also attached a link to Google Maps where I have marked some of these particular items so you can see them in relationship of the area in full.

Now about what happened while I was there. We were walking and driving around taking pictures so of course we attracted attention. And we did have a reasonably honest excuse. ;)

It wasn't long before children came by to talk to us. We told them why we were there but didn't mention Zahra. Those kids have been questioned enough and we really didn't have a right to talk to them.

We did however ride up by Zahra's house and a couple stepped out on the porch. I decided to stop and talk with them. I asked them if they lived there and if there were any empty homes available. They told us of three. They asked if we were reporters and I assured them we were not. They talked about the park in reference to bringing children there to live and they said it was a nice quiet place. The kids were well behaved. We did not ask them about Zahra. The neighbors were outside, they were protective over their privacy and I expect that even before the media hit full force they were constantly looking out for each other's backs.

Let me know if I can help out any more.

Google Map

Well done, Free! Incredibly helpful, if only to gain perspective into what neighbors have reported seeing.

Holy cow...had NO idea the manhole cover was right next to the mailboxes!

Free,
You are my Hero!!! Thank you so much for your valuable information. I truly appreciate your kindness and respect for these people who live in and around this community. Since this is the last address (to my knowledge) that we actually have verification neighbors saw Zahra, I find it very useful. I also have never seen a manhole cover in someone's yard - that was extremely informative. Thank you once again!

any more thoughts on areas shay? You pointed out some good things thus far.

Ok guys I know that I keep going back to the dragstrip rd area. But, I just learned some new info. Not sure how many are aware but one tip LE were given was based of Linda Crystal's forensic astrology reading. ( You can research this online) They focused on AB's work place which was near an airport (Foothills Airport) and his tree cutting job put him near wooded areas. I learned today that the blacktop "dragstrip" looking area on Drag Strip Rd is actually a landing strip used by Caldwell Aero Flyers - R/c airplane club. They have to have license to fly these planes and function much like mini planes thus "airport". Since they seem to be focusing on wood piles I was wondering has anyone traveled up in this area and seen any wood piles? Are they doing any timber cutting? Was Adams company doing any timber cutting in or near any of the areas we have discussed? The Carefree Ct listed on google is incorrect it actually is one street south where you see what looks like a trailer park. I wonder if anyone in this area has seen AB or EB hanging around there? Any takers willing go check out this trailer park for vacancies or what not??? The dirt rds through this area used to be traveled by vehicle through to Rebels Run and Deal Mill but haven't been through there in years. Alot is owned by the county and not sure what trespassing laws would be enforced etc...

Can someone please repost Free2Rides pics of the trailer park over on the thread for The Bakers Many Moves? I'd so it myself, but don't want to make a mess of it. TIA.

Free, the last "unknown" pic looks like a firepit. We them here at campgrounds. They have a metal rim that looks like that. Not sure but just adding what I thought it was/is.

ty shay, good info on the dragstrip/airport area! Also good to know about the the trails back there making their way back to the rebel/deal area.

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/201...igators-await-results-dna-evidence-ar-521555/

< snipped by me >

Whisnant said the bone would be examined against &#8220;known things,&#8221; but would not go into specifics about what DNA would be used to compare the evidence to determine if it matched Zahra&#8217;s.

He confirmed that Hickory police and SBI agents have finished examining Christie Road and the Baker house in Hickory. However, he said there are several other potential sites that investigators are still considering. Whisnant would not comment on specifics.

Free, the last "unknown" pic looks like a firepit. We them here at campgrounds. They have a metal rim that looks like that. Not sure but just adding what I thought it was/is.

I'm not sure but I don't think so. It looks like something the town would use for maybe to gain entrance to a large water connector?

It is metal (looks like cast - my hubby's a machinist) with a cast lid. The lid had some type of writing stamped on it. Hard to tell since it's in someone's yard and I couldn't get close to it.

I know the town has been redoing some of their water lines and I'm wondering if they didn't install it to have access to the sewer lines somehow.

I'll try to get in touch with an old friend from the town who is over the water/sewer maintenance department. He might could tell me.

Thank you so much, free2ride!!

I was calling that a large pond in this thread, lol! Falls? Interesting.

IDK if they are falls but one of the other members told me they were. I was also told it was a dam, so who knows.

Off of Christie Rd., not far from Ekard Pl. (heading toward Deal Mill), is what appears to be a car junk yard. Anyone locals familiar with that?

I'll try to post pic, but not sure if this will work.

ETA: Okay, that totally failed. But it's between Ekard and Dodge City place, on opposite side of Christie from Ekard Pl. Back aways.

Off of Christie Rd., not far from Ekard Pl. (heading toward Deal Mill), is what appears to be a car junk yard. Anyone locals familiar with that?

I'll try to post pic, but not sure if this will work.

ETA: Okay, that totally failed. But it's between Ekard and Dodge City place, on opposite side of Christie from Ekard Pl. Back aways.

Good morning everyone.
First of all, I'm thanking everyone on their posts here because of all of the hard work ya'll have clearly done on both keeping this thread on topic and also coming up with some very valuable research. This is the kind of thread that makes WS's what it is. Many of the areas described have already been searched and/or have been brought to the attention of LE and SAR. That said, please do not become discouraged! Please continue sleuthing possible locations based on the information we already have. LE and SAR are still 100% committed to finding Zarha, or evidence associated with Zahra's investigation and disappearance. There are many requests that may seem to make little sense (such as identifying 'party' spots) but rest assured they are there for a reason.

Also, once again a reminder that should evidence or rumors of evidence or Zarha found begin to circulate, please confirm with LE before posting.

Mountain Kat, as per your above question- I know exactly the area you are referring to. Thank you.

Thank you all and keep up the great work.

Oriah

Ok...I think this last photo is where the sewer pump is pumped. I may be wrong...but my ex boyfriend used to own a sewage pump business and he also owned some trailer parks. I went a few times with him to pump the trailer parks. This large "manhole" looks like where he would hook his "pump" truck up. I texted him to confirm this. He is unable to look at the photo right now...but the description fits it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member