Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder if they have searched near the river at all? I seen it off Hickory Blvd. in one of the maps posted and noticed it is also near the house in Hickory.

Bodies of waters are always a good and likely spot. I remember pictures of a bridge up near Dudley Shoals. Where specifically are you talking about?

The Zahra Baker homicide case is inching along as it reaches the month-mark, with authorities taking a time-out early this week from their active search.

Instead, Monday they focused on paperwork which must be done, reviewing and re-evaluating their evidence. Police are also interviewing tipsters. And, already on Tuesday, they were quickly back out at a search location in Caldwell County -- although they weren't saying exactly where.

Full Coverage: The Search for Zahra

Meanwhile, District Attorney Jay Gaither said he re-iterated with the SBI Crime Lab the importance of putting a rush on the case. Gaither said that is standard procedure, and something the SBI was doing before he made the request.

Since the investigation began October 9th, Hickory Police have submitted four rounds of evidence to the SBI for processing. In two of those submissions, the first results came back within a few days, the next results came back in two weeks.

The SBI has not disclosed what evidence was tested; however search warrants were executed on the former Baker home, two cars parked in the driveway, and a search was done at Adam Baker's work site during the timeframe evidence was submitted.

The last two submissions were made to the SBI on November 3rd and 4th. That's when police also announced they found a possible bone connected to Zahra.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

Bodies of waters are always a good and likely spot. I remember pictures of a bridge up near Dudley Shoals. Where specifically are you talking about?

On the map I put up, the area begins at Old Lenoir rd and 12th St drive NW and goes around changing names and ends on 6th St NW.

Also from Old Lenoir rd across Hickory Blvd. It appears to be a little dirt road. Leading to some homes but not many. Like it is an old fisherman's road or something.

I've also been up and down Campground rd. (I'm stuck on campgrounds today, I guess). Nothing that stands out. I think I need a break. I can no longer think OR see. :(

I've also been up and down Campground rd. (I'm stuck on campgrounds today, I guess). Nothing that stands out. I think I need a break. I can no longer think OR see. :(

I know the feeling! Take a break. When you get to that point you start missing things! Back away from the computer!!!!

Sarx,
To be fair, I didn't create the loop map (and honestly I don't remember who did) but I don't want to take credit where credit isn't due. I did create the map of burns, deal mill, and rebel run area since you mentioned you have been interested in this area for some 4 or 5 pages on this thread.

Sarx,
To be fair, I didn't create the loop map (and honestly I don't remember who did) but I don't want to take credit where credit isn't due. I did create the map of burns, deal mill, and rebel run area since you mentioned you have been interested in this area for some 4 or 5 pages on this thread.

Sokay wenwen. The round trip loop was of my making but feel free to link it use it however you please. That's why I threw it up there, hoping it may prompt others to go searching for likely areas along that route as I suspect it was the one taken for disposal.

No credit is needed. Just for clarity, any maps or links I throw up here or any other thread are there for the taking using tweaking, whatever.

Let's find our little Aussie gal!

Ok Another area that would be good to look around is satterwire circle?? If you leave their address on Burns rd and take the rd right beside Ebenezer Church Rd It lead to Satterwire.(sp?) This used to be dirt just a few years back. Its got a fair amt of travelers but prob not as many at night. Enough they wouldnt be noticed but not enough that they would meet other vehicles...there is a small bridge and good size stream where ebenezer meets satterwire. It is VERY dark. I know becuase I have traveled through here Many times. There is another church on up a little but there are lots of areason saterwire or just off it. Just thought I would throw this area out here becuase I haven't heard it mentioned in case anyone wanted to look at it. Don't really know of any direct dumping sites or party sites on this loop it is just quiet and dark.

Given that Deal Mill Rd up to Little River Rd - then over to Burns and ending on Dudley Shoals, (including campground rd - mk); all of these roads snake between two search sites, ie: Christie Rd search site where prosthetic leg was found and the Dudley Shoals search site - I think these are all relevant.

i spent hours (10) with google earth maps, and that area south of cove mountain lane off alfred hartley rd is massive, and has truck accessible trails running through-out.

it runs down to the dragstrip area discussed sunday, and feeds through those interlaced roads down to rebel run.

it would take a large number of searchers on suv's, or horseback to search that area.

ok, neat.... Now MSM is reporting searchers are up on Indian Grave Rd/Gap

Ohnesorge (reporter) from WBTV saying on 4pm broadcast that investigators have new information that precipitated today's search. They are searching in northern Caldwell County, on Indian Grave Rd. He said they hope to clear that area today and have yet another area to search tomorrow.

Ohnesorge (reporter) from WBTV saying on 4pm broadcast that investigators have new information that precipitated today's search. They are searching in northern Caldwell County, on Indian Grave Rd. He said they hope to clear that area today and have yet another area to search tomorrow.

Oh neat, yet ANOTHER search area. Clearly they are getting tips, but from who? And why is it that these tips seem to be running them all over the place but they never end? Starting to get really irritated. If EB is so misunderstood, then maybe she should just come clean and tell them where she is. I'd have a little respect for that......

Oh neat, yet ANOTHER search area. Clearly they are getting tips, but from who? And why is it that these tips seem to be running them all over the place but they never end? Starting to get really irritated. If EB is so misunderstood, then maybe she should just come clean and tell them where she is. I'd have a little respect for that......

Yeah someone rationalize this one for me?!?!? Maybe someone is getting too close for comfort on the REAL site? IMO Keep Going guys we are getting there!! Gonna try to take a ride around thi evening and check some more areas. May be late b4 I get to get back online though. Good Luck everyone !

sarx, the reporter said that anytime LE gets what they believe to be a credible lead, they go check out each and every one of them. Duh, Mr. Reporter Man! I guess he had to have some words to fill in his sparse report. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaliaDelilah