Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me? What is the creek name that crosses under burns at dudley

No clue, Sarx. But I tried following Gunpowder Creek from Pine Mountian to Dudley, and I can't. I also tried following the creek that crosses under Burns & Dudley, back to Pine Mountain, and I can't. Maybe I'm blind, but it looks like 2 different creeks to me.

Can someone help me? What is the creek name that crosses under burns at dudley

I sure don't get any name when I try to get google to tell me. I don't think that is gunpowder creek - maybe a local will know if the creek at Burns and Dudley (creek goes under Dudley road right before interescting with burns) even has a name?

OK Dudley Shoals rd. Near Adrian Triplett rd.

Holy cow! That's where I spent 1/2 the morning...Adrian Triplett rd.! :eek:

There are dirt roads down Adrian Triplett that lead to a pond and what appeared to me to be several possible dumpsites.

The news crews are at Lovelylady Baptist Church. So that is why I believe it is right there on Dudley Shoals near Adrian Triplett rd. I'm not trusting any names they say for creeks. I don't think some have names posted on maps so the media just goes by what is nearest.

I've never followed cases online before (just news stories / headlines).... Zahra's is the first case that I've followed literally hour by hour.

Can someone tell me if this many searches over this long of a time are typical? What I'm wondering is .. are they not finding enough or do they have to make sure they find EVERYTHING possible in order to press charges ? Seems like a lot of all over the place searching in this case or is this par for the course?

35°51'46.69"N 81°22'20.16"W go street view, it is a dead on match for the report from Dave Faherty. I think they got the creek name wrong or I do as I see it as "little river".

Okay, correcting my earlier opinion about Gunpowder Crik. I can following beneath Dudley and up and off into infiinity to the west of the interesection. I can also follow it way out to the south and east from that intersection. It is just that it thins out for a while and then thickens back up further away. If you look at the shadows and the placement of the tree lines you can just follow the crik til it opens back up again, whatever its name is.

It does not end there at dudley or burns.

35°51'46.69"N 81°22'20.16"W go street view, it is a dead on match for the report from Dave Faherty. I think they got the creek name wrong or I do as I see it as "little river".

Creek at bridge on Dudley Shoals Rd is Upper Little River. Dave Faherty had it wrong on the video from today. Gunpowder Creek is further south. http://mapper.acme.com/ is a great resource for all you map nuts (like me!).

I can't find a name for it. It runs into Shuford Pond. Upper little river leads into it.

Gunpowder Creek goes into Shuford Pond which leads to the Catawba River. Upper Little River empties into the Catawba River a few miles north of this point.

The area on Dudley Shoals, near Adrian Tripplett is where Little Gunpowder creek and Gunpowder creek merge and become one.

I can see the creek looking at where I marked Adrian Triplett rd. this morning. I can't see a bridge there, though.

ETA: Wait, yes I do see the bridge! The bridge crosses on Dudley, right before Adrian Triplett. Man...LE, Please go down Adrian Triplett to the end!

I followed the body of water from Burns/Dudley all the way up to Orant Yount Lane. There the body of water is called Upper Little River.

I am betting various creeks all join here and there along teh way to make it a river. So while google may not afford teh body of water a name, I am sure locals have something they call this creek other than just "the crik"

I am also betting the body of water changes as it gets larger and meanders through the hills meeting up with one creek and another on its way to becoming "upper little river" so perhaps at varrying poionts along the way it is referred to as different things KWIM

Thanks for this!
So, sounds like they had a briefing prior to her seeing this, somewhere that could hold that amount of cars. They then headed out, likely going to multiple locations by the sounds of it.

I think we have pretty well exhausted looking/scouring Christie Rd. However I don't think Dudley Shoals and certainly Drag Strip has been done. Off to go look at Drag Strip Rd!

Ok I just traveled this area very quickly though. I didn't get any of the search sites just where they have the rds blocked. At intersection of dudley and morris creek, burns at ebenezer church and dudley and bowman rd right past Pappys market gas station. I traveled via christy rd to drag strip rd . I didnt see any searchers at the old landfill site itself...nothing blocked but they could be up on the mountain via the dirt rds. I did see a police car like those at the dudley going down locker freezer sp? towards dragstrip/mtherman but he was too much ahead and its 35 mph zone. But anyway I did notice something about christy rd....just right past maybe 15 yds they are doing timber cutting....a logging company. same side of the rd from where there flags were. I tried to get pics but there were cars behind me and I was running outta time. Traveled Satterwhite circle to ebenezer didnt really see anything except some trash at the bridge I mentioned before ....have a few other updates but going to put them in the main thread shortly.

I think they are looking for Z's head....a presser they said later this afternoon. I think they are close to Z! I so hope they look behind that church...I really feel that is where she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717