ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Morgan stated the C on the card was an error by the manager. ZG did not fill out the card. He filled it out for her. Morgan said ZG has no C before her name. Remember CA made such a big deal about it and the spelling of her last name. Crazy.

Morgan did say they hope to depose her on the 19th but adding something about the appeals process has to be over.
I can't see how she would have much luck with an appeal. Can you appeal a conviction when you have admitted to the charges?

It's probably just a matter of Casey signing a waiver of her right to appeal. Other than to possibly remove the charges from her record, I don't see any reason why she'd appeal, she has nothing else to gain from it.

At the end of her sentencing hearing HHJBP asked JB if he intended to appeal, and he said he didn't know. I believe HHJBP gave him 30 days to do so. He also stated, IIRC, that if that time passed - then it passed. Some have speculated that, if the deposition is taken on the 19th, she can still take the fifth because she might appeal. Therefore, the deposition needs to be taken after the 30 days has passed - or she has officially waived her right to appeal - and I can't see why she would.

Casey's civil lawyer screwed up and said in response to the Complaint that this ZG wasn't the one described by Casey because she had 6 kids and Casey described a ZFG with 2 kids. But the lawyer was wrong. ZG has 6 kids (2 who were living with her), but Casey described a ZFG with NO kids.

Just a mistake. Casey never actually said ZFG had 2 kids.

Just a car. lol

What a mess. I guess when you're a 10 you don't have kids.

At the end of her sentencing hearing HHJBP asked JB if he intended to appeal, and he said he didn't know. I believe HHJBP gave him 30 days to do so. He also stated, IIRC, that if that time passed - then it passed. Some have speculated that, if the deposition is taken on the 19th, she can still take the fifth because she might appeal. Therefore, the deposition needs to be taken after the 30 days has passed - or she has officially waived her right to appeal - and I can't see why she would.

She can't leave town for 30 days so if she wants to leave she has to waive her appeal, right? Well, she has a week to make up her mind.

This just goes to show Morgan did not investigate the case thoroughly before he accepted it. Presumably he knows by now that when LE came to ZG's door in possession of information about her kids and her car, it was because they got the information from SAWGRASS, not from Casey. Casey said ZG had no children and got the car wrong as well. (Well, not "wrong"--I guess you can't be "wrong" about what car an imaginary person drives lol.)

ZG thought the information had come from Casey, according to her media interviews early on, and must have passed on this misinformation to Morgan.

ICA was the one that produced the ZG name though- she got the name from Sawgrass and probably didn't think far enough ahead that LE could just check renters list and the visitors log to find her... anymore than she thought they could disprove her phone call from Caylee claim..
IIRC Zenaida checked out apt 210 on her visit on June 17. Coincidence?

ICA was the one that produced the ZG name though- she got the name from Sawgrass and probably didn't think far enough ahead that LE could just check renters list and the visitors log to find her... anymore than she thought they could disprove her phone call from Caylee claim..

I could have all my facts jumbled, but didn't Casey go with Tony to look at an apartment at Sawgrass ... but she 'forgot her license' so Tony went with the manager to look at the apartment, thus leaving ICA alone with all those visitors cards in the office? So I assumed she knew she had to give 'imiginanny' a real name if she was going to be the kidnapper, she lies and says she forgot her driver's license so she'd be alone to steal an identity... viola! Poor Zanny won the lottery.

I know she'd been telling people for 2 years she had a nanny, but had she been telling them her NAME for two years? Most of her 'friends' only knew her for weeks to months and I can totally see her--when speaking to Mom, Dad, Jesse, etc--just referring to her as 'nanny' or 'the nanny.' Of course Cindy would agree in depos and on the stand that she's known for 2 years that the sitter's name was ZFG. Cindy will agree with anything to get ICA out of a jam... :maddening:

How could she stay hidden with the police knocking down her door?

There was no knocking down her door. Melich was trying to find her based on the Sawgrass card. He tried calling the cellphone number she gave but it was disconnected. Then he used his "LE Wizard Powers" to find her new cell number. The first contact between Melich and ZG was by him calling her new cellphone number which then led to them setting up a meeting at OCSO. It's all in the doc dumps.

When you live in a motel you are not really "findable". If anyone tried to look her up in the phone book or public listings they would not arrive at the motel where she was living. I'm a bit confused about her claim that she and her children were getting threats. Threats from who? She wasn't findable. It's not like she was walking around with her name tattooed on her forehead. Even a person staying in the motel room next to her might not know her name.

I think that she didn't get any threats until she went public. Even then, how did anyone locate her to threaten her? It seems that her troubles (if there were any) may have only come after she went public.

I think that something may happen that will shock many people. ZG loses her civil lawsuit against Casey, but Casey wins her countersuit against ZG.

I could have all my facts jumbled, but didn't Casey go with Tony to look at an apartment at Sawgrass ... but she 'forgot her license' so Tony went with the manager to look at the apartment, thus leaving ICA alone with all those visitors cards in the office? So I assumed she knew she had to give 'imiginanny' a real name if she was going to be the kidnapper, she lies and says she forgot her driver's license so she'd be alone to steal an identity... viola! Poor Zanny won the lottery.

I know she'd been telling people for 2 years she had a nanny, but had she been telling them her NAME for two years? Most of her 'friends' only knew her for weeks to months and I can totally see her--when speaking to Mom, Dad, Jesse, etc--just referring to her as 'nanny' or 'the nanny.' Of course Cindy would agree in depos and on the stand that she's known for 2 years that the sitter's name was ZFG. Cindy will agree with anything to get ICA out of a jam... :maddening:

Casey tagged along with Tony and his roommate(s) to look at different apartments that same week, but not Sawgrass.

No. Potential renters were shown Model Apartment #212, not 210. Apt. 210 is directly below 212. Casey specified to Melich that it was #210.

There was no knocking down her door. Melich was trying to find her based on the Sawgrass card. He tried calling the cellphone number she gave but it was disconnected. Then he used his "LE Wizard Powers" to find her new cell number. The first contact between Melich and ZG was by him calling her new cellphone number which then led to them setting up a meeting at OCSO. It's all in the doc dumps.

When you live in a motel you are not really "findable". If anyone tried to look her up in the phone book or public listings they would not arrive at the motel where she was living. I'm a bit confused about her claim that she and her children were getting threats. Threats from who? She wasn't findable. It's not like she was walking around with her name tattooed on her forehead. Even a person staying in the motel room next to her might not know her name.

I think that she didn't get any threats until she went public. Even then, how did anyone locate her to threaten her? It seems that her troubles (if there were any) may have only come after she went public.

I think that something may happen that will shock many people. ZG loses her civil lawsuit against Casey, but Casey wins her countersuit against ZG.

I don't know. Not sure how she could work in the "possible" sexual molestation in on a civil trial. The last juror's claim they could not get that out of their heads. jmo

Casey tagged along with Tony and his roommate(s) to look at different apartments that same week, but not Sawgrass.

Gotcha. Thanks! :seeya:

Last question (for AZ or anyone else): Wasn't ZG ALSO looking at different apartments all week, in the same area? What I'm getting at is, isn't it possible Casey pulled the 'no driver's license, I'll wait in the office' routine at all the apartments the guys looked at, and happened upon ZG's visitor card at one of those other apartments? The cops just happened to pull the card from Sawgrass because that's where Casey said ZFG lived.

I personally don't feel ZG has a strong case, I'm just curious if this was how Casey came up with her kidnapper nanny's name. I mean, I don't think I've accidentally left my house without my driver's license since I was 16. It lives in women's wallets and wallets live in women's purses. I always thought it was hinky she just happened to 'forget' her drivers license the day they're looking at apartments...

Gotcha. Thanks! :seeya:

Last question (for AZ or anyone else): Wasn't ZG ALSO looking at different apartments all week, in the same area? What I'm getting at is, isn't it possible Casey pulled the 'no driver's license, I'll wait in the office' routine at all the apartments the guys looked at, and happened upon ZG's visitor card at one of those other apartments? The cops just happened to pull the card from Sawgrass because that's where Casey said ZFG lived.

I personally don't feel ZG has a strong case, I'm just curious if this was how Casey came up with her kidnapper nanny's name. I mean, I don't think I've accidentally left my house without my driver's license since I was 16. It lives in women's wallets and wallets live in women's purses. I always thought it was hinky she just happened to 'forget' her drivers license the day they're looking at apartments...

That's what I was thinking--that maybe she saw a different ZG guest card at a different apartment complex.

I don't know. Not sure how she could work in the "possible" sexual molestation in on a civil trial. The last juror's claim they could not get that out of their heads. jmo

What does sexual molestation have to do with ZG suing because she got threats, was fired and couldn't get a job? Is ZG now going to sue Casey for sexual crimes? Did Casey fondle ZG?

I was wondering the same thing? How long had she actually said the name Zanny or Zenaida?

I don't know if ZG will win or lose this civil suit. Did her attorney ask for a change of venue? Because if the jury comes from Orange County I have a feeling that ZG may win. If ZG loses this case, it is setting Tim Miller up for a definite win. I just wonder will she throw JB under the bus, by saying her attorney came up with certain parts of the story? Stay tuned.

Oh, I don't think ZG ever claimed to be the nanny. She would have no way of knowing because truthfully KC had no picture of the nanny. None to show police just some specific information, Sawgrass, the car, younger children in her care. This is what led police to ZG's doorstep. Through an investigation I'm sure Morgan picked up some other juicy tidbits.

LOL: My husband was LE and he said sometimes it was hard to identify hispanics just by their name because some take more than one of their family names and they all get swishes around. So I only see LE paying attention to her first and last name as it appears on her license. She was at Sawgrass on the 17th and signed in. Automatic person of interest. It's not LE's fault they investigated the wrong woman, it's not her fault....it is KC's fault. There is no other way to see. Another thing any LE will tell you. People generally are NOT that great on discriptions of other people. My husband use to play a game and just randomly ask...."OK, what color eyes did they have?.."

Witness desciptions are not that reliable, LE went on facts KC provided. jmo
Casey specifically wrote in her statement to the police "Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez took my child". That is libel right there, whether the description of her was accurate or not!!! I think Casey was initially drugging Caylee with Xanax, hence the nickname Zanny, and when she happened to see the signature card at Sawgrass, she thought "AHA, Zenaida works as a full name for Zanny!"

What does sexual molestation have to do with ZG suing because she got threats, was fired and couldn't get a job? Is ZG now going to sue Casey for sexual crimes? Did Casey fondle ZG?

No. The jurors who have spoken up in the criminal case said they could not get past the sexual molestation described in the opening statements (as it was intended). It was powerful and whether we like it or not it had a impact on the decision. I don't see how KC could possible work this into her civil case to carry any weight. People do a lot of damage when they lie. It's worst when they don't care.

KC was not being charged with Murder 1 when this happened to ZG. Everyone was looking for a missing child. All KC had to say in that jailhouse tape was LE showed me pictures and that was not the ZG who took Caylee. KC did not do that she perpetuated the lie and said LE never showed me any ZG pictures. There was no reason to lie, none, zippo. She did it deliberately knowing this woman was questioned by LE and was being harassed.

All I was saying is, she can't use that excuse this time to have a jury look at her as a victum. It worked in the criminal trial it will not work here. Let's face it KC's defense put it out there, among others things by calling her names that make her look less than an innocent victum. Defense did it, not SA. That's was all I was saying and didn't mean to set off fireworks. jmo

I was wondering the same thing? How long had she actually said the name Zanny or Zenaida?

CA said KC mentioned Zanny in the past. GA first said he never heard of Zanny or Zenaida. LA first said he never heard Zanny. So they only one who said she heard Zanny was CA. RGrund said he first heard of Zanny when he told KC they could no longer watch Caylee. She told him the whole Jeff H, with son Zackary and Zanny story. Not Zenaida but Zanny.

If you really check out KC's timeline for Zanny being the girlfriend, JH's wife dying, KC meeting them it really does not match up. So if they had really done the math they would have nailed KC on the lie but then she would be "fast of foot" and think of something else to explain the mistake. She's a pip.

Also KC was friends with Annie and if CA heard Caylee say Annie CA may have thought she heard Zanny. We know there was no Zanny, no white dog. jmo

Ok, but if you had a lease and a job and they said, you are fired and evicted, you are probably that woman who took that child. I just dont get why some aren't seeing where the real money is to be made, unless of course we are supposed to believe ZG just wants an apology and not punitive damages. If she changed her name to mimic the alleged kidnapper, thats pretty opportunistic and telling all in itself. She is going to have to prove she lost her job and apartment over being mistaken for someone she looks nothing like, hope she can or shes losing. jmo

I know exactly what you are saying and that would work...except after KC ruled her out via LE, she then went on tape with her mother and stated she could not rule her out, that CA and LE needed to continue to be suspicious of her and other Zenaidas. To add insult to injury, she told her mother to go out there and publish that lie again.
The lie was the defamation.
As a result, people began looking at Zenaida from Kissimmee, heck we even found her early on here and looked into her as much as mods would allow-and when the whackos found her, they started to threaten her life. The media would prevent stable employment (and Amy, Tony, others can attest to that as their jobs and schooling were threatened as well by media following them everywhere).
All because KC refused to rule her out in public as she did in private with LE. And as of KC's last response to ZG in 06/2011, she still refuses to rule Zenaida out.

I would not be at all surprised if Casey tried to implicate ZG in this case.

She has thrown everyone else under the bus, why not ZG as well?

I can think of few scenarios they could come up with to try and throw her into the drowning story.

However, I think that would be her "confronted with reality Casey makes up a new one" situation. That would mean the deposition has to occur... and I still have a hard time believing that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell