Christina Laurean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this site and I found this site because of this case. I found the article, "Faceless Victim or Hidden Accomplice?" disgusting. I feel to blame Maria Lauterbach for her rape and murder is to blame all rape victims for their rape. To blame her for her rape, murder and burning of her body and her baby and to say the Christina Laurean helped killed her our of jealousy is a put down to all women. I just cannot see how he would be such a prize. He sounds like an abuser and a real nut to me. Perhaps dps Christina was involved because she too was abused by him or she was afraid he was going to murder her too based on what she had seen. I cannot believe a woman wrote that article. Maria Lauterbach had only been out of high school for 18 months. What would she want with a married man who had raped her? She was not having an affair with him. She was afraid of him. She told her friends that, her mother that, and she filed restraining orders against him. She requested a base transfer to get away from him.

Welcome CD!

I don't understand your stance on "women.":confused: They aren't some flawless human beings so why should they be looked at any differently in a criminal case?

Woman have killed because of jealousy many times over and when they have been scorned their vindictiveness and revengefulness can reek like acid. To deny that truth is wrong imo. Is it a put down to women in general because so many women seem to be neglecting/torturing/sexually exploiting and murdering their own children? I don't think it has anything to do with holding women up at all cost or putting them down. I think it is looking at the brutal truth and just because someone is born a woman never means they aren't wicked as the Devil.

The Cadet Murder case is a perfect example of the calculating, cunning, evil that a woman can partake in. She demanded her lover murder the girl that he told her he had sex with. Then we have females who are single handily wiping out their parents or participate in wiping out their entire families including their own siblings. So many women do not impress me much these days simply by being a woman.

You say she was not having an affair? How do you know that? So what if there WAS contact between them before December 14th? If that comes out will you think LE is lying?

Maria had two stories she told. One she told to her family and one she told to the Corps. They are very inconsistent. She was repeatedly asked if she felt threatened by CAL, she said "No" each time. At no time all these months was the MPO ever violated.

Since they have not charged Laurean with kidnapping Maria and it is 56 days out now, I do believe they did have contact with each other before that day and on that day and Maria came there on her own free will to see him.

Now with Christina....I think she had as much motive or more to murder Maria and Gabriel. I do not believe he could have done all the things he would have had to do in such a short time period and even if we use the bus station trip as a guide and she came right back then it would have taken her about 45 minutes just to get back and we don't even know if she went straight back as he said she came back later on. We do know that CSL was to have come in sometime around 7pm. Could be even earlier and Sutherland just rounded it off to 7. So that makes the time line so tight for it to all be undetectable when CSL walked in wanting to know where her no show hubby had been.

So she is under a cloud of suspicion as she should be. No one could be so blind to it all. I don't trust CAL or CSL and I think either one of them were perfectly capable of murdering Maria and the other one being in cahoots to cover it up. OCSD have not come out and said they have ruled her out. In fact Hudson said there could be more arrests.

I am very glad to see that a female reporter actually looks at the case from all sides including intriguing thoughts about whether the wife in this case is the accomplice or the murderer. It renews my faith that slanted biases do not come into play just because CSL is a female and so is the reporter.

imoo

They really need to stop fooling around with Christina and get some charges rolling in her direction. Maybe he would be more inclined to give himself up if she were facing jail time for him.

Unfortunately due to CAL being on the lam it has given LE much more time to tediously investigate the case which that is a good thing out of the bad. They are in no rush to make any arrest of CSL. They know where she is and I would gather to say, they probably have her phone tapped and her mail is being monitored. They had already intercepted the letters that were sent from Houston so they are wary of her truthfulness imo.

I don't think they will imply she is going to be arrested. She is much more valuable to them talking with them with her lawyer present rather than clamming up. For each time she talks they are looking for inconsistencies. Many times LE asks questions they already know the answers to in order to test and see how credible the person is. Personally, I think she is walking a tightrope trying to hang on.

Now they still can do a plea deal with her but they won't do that now imo. I just read of another case where a plea deal was done the night before the trial was to commence. So that can be done at anytime and Laurean isn't even back for a trial.

I do remember SBs words though when he said for Cpl. Laurean to come back and tell him his story. If he is brought back and does convey what happened with his lawyers sitting there with him I think LE will weigh what he says and see if it is backed up by the evidence they have. If it does then imo this case can break wide open and will have some bizarre twists and turns.

imoo

Hudson told FOX News several weeks ago a computer was taken from the house of Laurean's wife's sister.

His wife was using the computer to communicate with Laurean, Hudson said, adding there was evidence that he planned go to Las Vegas and visit his family.

"She [Laurean's wife] is still deeply in love with her husband," Husdon told FOX News.

It was not clear if his wife's sister knew she was using the computer to communicate with Laurean.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350032,00.html

Now, it is falling into place for Christina to face the music along with her husband. If this isn't proof enough she DID help him escape...I don't know what is!! What ELSE did she help him do?!?!

Authorities also seized the wife's diary.

"It's clear she's still deeply in love with him and she is vacillating between loving him and being angry at him for not being faithful to her," the official said. "It's not necessarily illegal for a wife to talk to her husband, but if she had tried to help him in any way, there would have been a problem."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/10/missing.marine/index.html

Xtina supposedly staying at her Sister and brother in Law's House in J'sonville supposedly during this "whole ordeal". They (sis and BIL) are also (supposedly) both Marines. Tyler and Amber Emrick -

possible Myspace for amber - nfortunately it's set to private and I don't know how to go back in time to see if what once "not private"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=65833101

So if this supposed info is true - can they be brought up on some type of charges IE - knowing she was in communication with him (C'mon the girl wrote about it in her diary I can't imagine she'd be able to keep communication to herself!) and not "opening their mouths" about it...

I do not think she will be charged with anything from what I read.

MORELIA, Mexico — North Carolina authorities on Friday said the wife of a Marine charged with murdering a pregnant colleague denied his requests for assistance as he hid in Mexico.

Onslow County Sheriff's Capt. Rick Sutherland said Cpl. Cesar Laurean repeatedly asked his family and his wife, Christina, for resources after he fled in January to Mexico.

"She specifically denied to provide those resources when she was asked," Sutherland said. "She knew that was against the law."

He added: "We received cooperation from family members. … That got us to the place we are today."

More at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350070,00.html

Hmm was I right or was I right?! :crazy:
I posted this comment back in February.

I wonder what is going on also. Sometimes it's good when things die down a little because the criminals get a little comfortable and they do something stupid..(like maybe try and get in contact with their husband who is hiding in Mexico?!)

You go girl!!! I love your name by the way, my female dog's name is Sadie Mae and everytime I see your name, it reminds me of her and what a good girl she is.

Thanks! I felt like giving myself a tiny kudo hehehe..that's too cute about your dog! My German Shepherd is also named Sadie. She's a sweetheart too. (even with all her dog hair everywhere) :crazy:

You go girl!!! I love your name by the way, my female dog's name is Sadie Mae and everytime I see your name, it reminds me of her and what a good girl she is.

You were absolutely 100% correct, Mygirlsadie!!! Good call!! :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Getting my plate and fork ready for all the crow I am going to be eating soon.)

Thanks! I felt like giving myself a tiny kudo hehehe..that's too cute about your dog! My German Shepherd is also named Sadie. She's a sweetheart too. (even with all her dog hair everywhere) :crazy:

Nothing wrong with kudos! If I'm not mistaken (I don't feel like looking for the thread) but as soon as I heard about the blood spatter evidence, I was the first one to scream "blunt force trauma to the head"! (Yeah, we have three dogs and tho Sadie is a border collie, she and OUR shepherd have hair all over! Spring shed and all! LOL)

OK....if this woman Xtina LOVES her husband after all he has done. Then she's a fool.
:bang:

IMO, she's declaring her love for him because she is involved. She's showing her loyalty. My theory has always included Christina.

How come nobody's ever seen Christina since Cesar took off? We used to think she was either hiding or being held on base, but now we've found out she was using the computer at her sister's house. Surely her sister's neighbors would have seen her coming and going during these months. It doesn't seem like she ever leaves the house. Do you suppose she's under some sort of house arrest or restriction by the Marines? Maybe they let her have access to her sister's computer just to see if she'd contact Cesar?

IMO, she's declaring her love for him because she is involved. She's showing her loyalty. My theory has always included Christina.

Absolutely and the spin has begun.

The information concerning Christina's private thoughts were purposefully place out there for the potential jury pool. There absolutely was no logical reason why a DA would disclose any information he had obtained about his key witness who he seems to bless as being honorable no matter what she does.

If they hadn't seized the computer, diaries or letters addressed to Laurean she would be sitting there typing to her heart's content with a fugitive that everyone was spending thousands of man hours looking for...yet she is credible? Honorable?:rolleyes:

Isn't it so strange that even before handing over the infamous notes she had a criminal defense attorney in tow with her when she went to the Marine Corps that morning? And of course her attorney advised her not to send any money to Laurean if he tried to make contact for funds. So we are supposed to be all gushy and touchy feely because she heeded his advice to cover her own butt?

imoo

The information concerning Christina's private thoughts were purposefully place out there for the potential jury pool. There absolutely was no logical reason why a DA would disclose any information he had obtained about his key witness who he seems to bless as being honorable no matter what she does.

If they hadn't seized the computer, diaries or letters addressed to Laurean she would be sitting there typing to her heart's content with a fugitive that everyone was spending thousands of man hours looking for...yet she is credible? Honorable?:rolleyes:

Isn't it so strange that even before handing over the infamous notes she had a criminal defense attorney in tow with her when she went to the Marine Corps that morning? And of course her attorney advised her not to send any money to Laurean if he tried to make contact for funds. So we are supposed to be all gushy and touchy feely because she heeded his advice to cover her own butt?

imoo

ITA!!! I thought it so odd that the largest part of the PC was the sheriff, the DA and Xtina's atty protecting her and basically saying what a wonderful person she is, so cooperative and didn't do anything because she knew it was AGAINST THE LAW! Hmm... what about covering up a crime, helping him to escape, attacking maria while she was alive, etc.etc. We could all go on and on about the things that she has already done which are AGAINST THE LAW! but now all of a sudden she is a law abiding citizen. doubt it!

imoo

I agree that Christina had to be involved in some covering up. Who else would have helped CL drop Marie's car off? It boggles the mind that she could come home from a party and not notice anything "different" about their home after a bloody murder.

BUT, I have to say that IF I came home from a party and my husband who never washes clothes was washing clothes (something he never does) I might be suspicious he was up to something, but I wouldn't suspect he KILLED someone.

It doesn't look like there was room to park a car in CL's garage. Except to park a vehicle, I don't go into our garage daily or even weekly. So I wouldn't notice changes there. If I DID go into the garage and see stains, I'd think it was badly-cleaned-up grease stuff. Not blood.

Even if some girl accused my husband of raping her, I'd believe my husband, whom I know, first. And it would never, never cross my mind that he might kill her. I wouldn't see the signs of murder because I wouldn't be looking for them.

That being said, I, personally, think Christina helped her husband after the murder was done. BUT, if she didn't actually commit the murder, I don't think it would benefit CL to ever tell how Christine "helped".

I think, on Greta, it was made very clear that LE thinks there is no chance Christine is the murderer. Maybe, they have evidence (fingerprints on the murder weapon or something) to back up that belief.

Unfortunately, we'll probably have to wait longer than we'd like to wait for this to go to trial and to find out all of the evidence.

IMO

Wasn't that Christina's shoe with blood stains that the sheriff found on the back patio when he was giving Greta Van Susteren the home tour?

ITA!!! I thought it so odd that the largest part of the PC was the sheriff, the DA and Xtina's atty protecting her and basically saying what a wonderful person she is, so cooperative and didn't do anything because she knew it was AGAINST THE LAW! Hmm... what about covering up a crime, helping him to escape, attacking maria while she was alive, etc.etc. We could all go on and on about the things that she has already done which are AGAINST THE LAW! but now all of a sudden she is a law abiding citizen. doubt it!

She may be guilty of all of those things.

BUT, unless CL accuses her of more than she has admitted to, I don't think she'll ever face charges.

AND, there is a possibility she didn't clean up, didn't know the body was in the backyard and didn't attack Marie.

What was the evidence Christine attacked Marie? I thought she said verbally something to Marie or called her once. Is there evidence Christine did more?

Where did we get the evidence Marie was verbally confronted by Christine?

I hate defending someone IMO doesn't have clean hands. BUT, it is possible Christine did just what LE said she did and no more.

JMO

Wasn't that Christina's shoe with blood stains that the sheriff found on the back patio when he was giving Greta Van Susteren the home tour?

I was thinking about that shoe the other day. I think you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member