Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF QC of GBC named Peter Davis does this 'getting him off' he will be ok if GBC is innocent.

However Peter Davis has got the most cruel man who Prosecutors proved he bit a baby on her thighs through dental identification and court cases TWICE, (after sexaually mutilating her and throwing her on a tin roof), needs to be fried in hell.

GBCs' solicitor chose HIM, Peter Davis QC to help........see why now????????

Ladies and Gentlemen...can I refer you all to something here....the accused character...

read this last piece of info:

'"The low profile stance represents a dramatic turnaround for the prominent real estate agent and skilled networker who blogged about his life, presided over the local chamber of commerce, was touted as a potential political candidate and occupied the vice-president’s role at the local school’s P & C.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...ing-husband-20120512-1yj5w.html#ixzz1ufFXdmid

Most 'criminals' come from a shady background...when they do something 'very bad' how do they react....like the above? or do they just act slightly indifferent...

GBC a once 'out their in your face' sort of a guy is now in basic hiding??? Seems odd ....He knows how to work the business scene....yeah sure hide and be sad for a bit...but if your reclusing cos everyone is wrongfully accusing you of murdering your own wife....I think you would use your many mates on the political, business, networking scene to help you get out the right image of you...not this hide at mummy and daddys place...

sorry...I just had to mention it....cos...I just think its relevant....

Sunday Mail just published on web, front page story "Allison Knew Killer, Police Close on Suspect"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...anger-say-police/story-e6freoof-1226353771264

Whats with the last paragraph:

"Also on Friday, police issued a personal safety strategy for those exercising in isolated areas such as on bike paths or along river walkways, advising them to stay aware of their surroundings while maintaining a "streetwise" appearance."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...anger-say-police/story-e6freoof-1226353771264

I've swum in the Brisbane River a few times (including Colleges Crossing, which is as far upstream as the sharks have been found that I know of, excluding floods) - so far not been biten by a bull shark - but the water is quite brown and smelly. If you hoped a body would be taken care of by bull sharks, you'd be a bit of a dumb *advertiser censored**. imo.

I agree entirely, having also swum numerous times at Colleges Crossing and down around Bellbowrie. The water is murky and gross.. not much has changed in 20 years!!

But the river as a disposal system... could end up anywhere.

The Queensland Criminal Code does not distinguish between 1st and 2nd degree murder; there is either Murder or Manslaughter.

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/legisltn/current/c/crimincode.pdf

The following sections give you an idea where to look in the Code - scroll down to Chapter 28 then go to the section I've highlighted in bold.

300 Unlawful homicide
Any person who unlawfully kills another is guilty of a crime,
which is called murder or manslaughter, according to the
circumstances of the case.

At 302 Definition of murder

At 303 Definition of manslaughter

307 Accessory after the fact to murder
Any person who becomes an accessory after the fact to
murder is guilty of a crime, and is liable to imprisonment for
life.

At 316 Stupefying in order to commit indictable offence

As you can see if you scroll through the Qld Crim Code, there's a lot of scope for charging the murderer/s so the QPS are no doubt carefully double checking to ensure a water tight prosecution and sentencing in this matter.

I hope this helps our overseas followers.
Thanks for that. Also hope that helps overseas people too.

I figured when someone said that in their opinion he would be aquitted of 1st degree they meant 1 degree murder, a terminology not used in Australia and wasn't sure how that 'translates' to the way our system works here.

I wouldn't have a clue of the difference between the American concept of 1st or 2nd degree murder. To me, like to most Australians it's either Murder or Manslaughter.

I also notice that Americans seem to have some sort of a difference between what they call misdemeanor or a felony. Misdemeanor meaning a lesser crime but I have no clue what is meant by that exactly.

IF QC of GBC named Peter Davis does this 'getting him off' he will be ok if GBC is innocent.

However Peter Davis has got the most cruel man who Prosecutors proved he bit a baby on her thighs through dental identification and court cases TWICE, (after sexaually mutilating her and throwing her on a tin roof), needs to be fried in hell.

GBCs' solicitor chose HIM, Peter Davis QC to help........see why now????????

How can that man sleep at night (PD) ... that poor little girls mum; I remember reading about this case when I first came to Australia.

How can anyone defend someone that admits to murdering someone, and tell them where they have hidden the body; watch a family suffer, never knowing what has happened to their loved one.

Well, if this is true, the Law is so wrong; any lawyer prepared to do this has no conscience; I said earlier that it was just a job and someone has to do it. Anyone prepared to do this is no better than the person committing the crime in my eyes.

Whats with the last paragraph:

"Also on Friday, police issued a personal safety strategy for those exercising in isolated areas such as on bike paths or along river walkways, advising them to stay aware of their surroundings while maintaining a "streetwise" appearance."

... what do they mean with "streetwise" appearance? I think it's been mentioned only because of the concerns of residents with regard to an un-known baddy in the area, etc.

WOW....I think thats awesome....

Can you elaborate further on the 3 lives....I would love to know... does a person start to show shades of personality disorders if their C life takes up a greater percentage over their A life or something like that....

?

Or better still...what sort of traits does someone show if this happens...?

does anyone know?

OK - really rough overview - don't shoot me for generalisations :)

Personality disorders (APD, NPD, BPD etc) are considered quite separate from clinical illnesses (eg depression/bipolar/anorexia).

Clinical Illnesses (Axis 1) can happen at any time, in response to life events, or just organically, and can be treated with medication and therapy. And yes, having a marked difference between your inner self and public face is a good way to drive yourself nuts.

Personality disorders (Axis 2) are established by teens/early adulthood, and are long-lasting and incurable (but some are manageable with therapy, but not medication). That's why they're considered disorders of personality, not illnesses as such.
Personality disorders are best described as "people to avoid".

Then there's also acquired brain injuries etc in Axis 3.

So someone with a personality disorder may develop a clinical illness at any time (eg major depression) and many do.
And someone without a personality disorder may develop a clinical illness

But a non-disordered person doesn't develop a personality disorder later in life
(apart from Acquired situational narcissism which = turning into an twat after suddenly becoming famous)

I agree entirely, having also swum numerous times at Colleges Crossing and down around Bellbowrie. The water is murky and gross.. not much has changed in 20 years!!

But the river as a disposal system... could end up anywhere.

Thank you, I'll never swim in the river then.

... what do they mean with "streetwise" appearance? I think it's been mentioned only because of the concerns of residents with regard to an un-known baddy in the area, etc.

Yep thats what I meant...but that makes sense.

Sunday Mail just published on web, front page story "Allison Knew Killer, Police Close on Suspect"

Now it's crunch time for GBC. The most telling paragraph inthat story ...
The Sunday Mail also understands that Allison's husband, Gerard Baden-Clay, is yet to make an official statement to police after he reported her missing from their Brookfield home at 7.30am on April 20.

... means that GBC now has to make an official statement to police. He will have to account for all his time and movements on that night. If he is guilty it will have to almost be a confession because he can't be sure whether the police have full information and witnesses.

Do you think the police are bluffing when they say:

On Thursday night police spoke to several people driving both ways through the Kenmore roundabout between the hours of 11.30pm and 4am, hoping to talk to anyone who may have been in the vicinity at the same time on April 19.

A number of people gave police information

GBC's lawyers will make that call.

How can that man sleep at night (PD) ... that poor little girls mum; I remember reading about this case when I first came to Australia.

How can anyone defend someone that admits to murdering someone, and tell them where they have hidden the body; watch a family suffer, never knowing what has happened to their loved one.

Well, if this is true, the Law is so wrong; any lawyer prepared to do this has no conscience; I said earlier that it was just a job and someone has to do it. Anyone prepared to do this is no better than the person committing the crime in my eyes.

I am still of the belief that a lawyer/barrister will only do this to assist with a lessor charge for their client...not try to 'get them off' surely not.

In some cases the persons who commit such horrid acts are victims of horrendous abuses from birth, & so on....in some cases some criminal lawyers are trying to help the accused - maybe trying to give them a fair go as the ONLY PERSON in their lives who eva tried to give them a fair go....

those lawyers that take up criminal law usually see it from this perspective...and you know...Im fine with that....it doesnt make our system 100% foolproof, but its better than what we used in ancient times gone by...

now...if you were a criminal lawyer....why would you be arguing for GBC...(the guy has always been a wonderful church going citizen/helped out the community and in a moment of madness does this) IDK...interesting....

Looking at google maps, you can see here that the Kholo Creek is actually not a large body of water in itself but the tributary into the Brisbane River of two small but long creeks.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1454&bih=704&q=karana+downs+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6b914cc2a92a9bc3:0x502a35af3de8d30,Karana+Downs+QLD&gl=au&ei=zmKuT_X0PI-QiQeVqezhCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

The large number of bull sharks in the Brisbane River, yes, even that far up, makes me wonder if the perpetrator/s were hoping Allison's body would never be found due to these predators.

Anyone who lives in the area knows that those creeks can be dry at times; dropping her over the bridge which is quite close to the river would potentially rid them of any evidence if sharks were in vicinity.

Yes, there was a large amount of water in the area the weekend after she died (assuming death the evening she disappeared in the absence of cause/date of death) but in all likelihood someone bothering to lug a body through bush would make an effort to ensure the victim was adequately buried to save detection.

The murder/s did not have the time to spend .. they wanted a quick disposal. Unfortunately I think they miscalculated water depth and tide.

Thanks for this - I live near Kholo Creek; Mumof2 and I were trying to find a map showing where it was because when you Google Kholo Bridge the one up past the Weir comes up. Just trying to clarify where Kholo Creek Crossing is for other posters!
Cheers!

Yep thats what I meant...but that makes sense.

Not sure how that reconciles with the 3rd para of same article

"Brookfield residents who have contacted police in recent weeks are being told they have nothing to fear from a random killer prowling their suburb."

Too many journos working on same article maybe??

Happy Mother's Day to all mums everywhere! :heartluv:

Enjoy your day :hug:

Now it's crunch time for GBC. The most telling paragraph inthat story ...
The Sunday Mail also understands that Allison's husband, Gerard Baden-Clay, is yet to make an official statement to police after he reported her missing from their Brookfield home at 7.30am on April 20.

... means that GBC now has to make an official statement to police. He will have to account for all his time and movements on that night. If he is guilty it will have to almost be a confession because he can't be sure whether the police have full information and witnesses.

Do you think the police are bluffing when they say:

On Thursday night police spoke to several people driving both ways through the Kenmore roundabout between the hours of 11.30pm and 4am, hoping to talk to anyone who may have been in the vicinity at the same time on April 19.

A number of people gave police information

GBC's lawyers will make that call.

No, I don't think police are bluffing regarding what info they got from Thursday night's road block.

Someone said in a previous thread that he wouldn't have to provide a statement unless he is charged??? Does anybody know how this works?

OK - really rough overview - don't shoot me for generalisations :)

Personality disorders (APD, NPD, BPD etc) are considered quite separate from clinical illnesses (eg depression/bipolar/anorexia).

Clinical Illnesses (Axis 1) can happen at any time, in response to life events, or just organically, and can be treated with medication and therapy. And yes, having a marked difference between your inner self and public face is a good way to drive yourself nuts.

Personality disorders (Axis 2) are established by teens/early adulthood, and are long-lasting and incurable (but some are manageable with therapy, but not medication). That's why they're considered disorders of personality, not illnesses as such.
Personality disorders are best described as "people to avoid".

Then there's also acquired brain injuries etc in Axis 3.

So someone with a personality disorder may develop a clinical illness at any time (eg major depression) and many do.
And someone without a personality disorder may develop a clinical illness

But a non-disordered person doesn't develop a personality disorder later in life
(apart from Acquired situational narcissism which = turning into an twat after suddenly becoming famous)
Thats amazing I so appreciate this....

My next question is....With this in mind...How wuld they determine if one did a criminal act but was labelled insane (or trying to get off by using this as their defence) at the time...? I think I would rather be incareted at wolston park hospital next to the golf course than wacol? Ummm any locals know if GBC played Golf?

Um.. from a psychologist/psychiatrist analysis perspective - and in-respect of a situation similar to this? What avenues could they use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BSteel