Australia - Siege/Ambush at Remote Property - 6 Dead Including 2 Police/Neighbor - Wieambilla (Queensland)

Four teenage boys have been taken into custody after a shooting incident in Tara on Queensland's Western Downs.

No one was injured in the incident.
What a relief!

‘Mum didn’t like guns’: Cop killers’ daughter says her parents were gentle​

January 22, 2023 — 5.31pm
"An emotional Madelyne Train told Nine News of her upbringing, explaining her difficulty grieving three of her family members and later finding out what they had done.

“They were both shot dead and then mum was trying to get out the back ... they said she was armed, but mum didn’t like guns,” the 26-year-old said.

“I trust the police ... the police said it was a gun.”

Madelyne, who was born to Nathaniel and Stacey before Stacey later began a relationship with Gareth, said she considered her upbringing to be relatively normal.

Madelyne believes the day of the shootings her family was motivated by fear.

“I’d say they were influenced by fear of the unknown, of whatever was happening, and then not understanding.

"

Wieambilla shootings: killers’ daughter speaks out about their descent into world of conspiracies

Madelyn Train’s father, Nathaniel, mother, Stacey, and uncle Gareth were killed by police in the incident that left six people dead at Wieambilla last month.

She spoke to Guardian Australia this week about how they spiralled into increasingly conspiratorial thinking, to the point where she had to mute notifications from them, and the “evil” crime they carried out.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, T. F.

This article actually does explain so much. What a remarkable daughter, who is so switched on to explain the impact childhood trauma had on the lives of her three parents, and the intersection of Covid, unemployment for Gareth, the heart attack for Nathaniel. Jmo.

I also found it interesting to read about the email correspondence between Nathaniel’s ex (or current partner at the time that the incident occurred), who clearly had instigated the missing persons report, and Madelyn, the daughter.

My heart still aches for all of the police who tragically were killed and injured, and for the innocent neighbour who tried to assist and was gunned down; and I feel for all of the friends and family of the victims - and even for the wider Tara community who might be dealing with their own trauma from this event.

It is worth noting that many people struggle with mental health, and they don’t kill or hurt others. And also, many people were psychologically impacted by Covid, but that again is no excuse to harm anyone.

If the daughter didn’t feel safe enough to visit her parents, how would anyone have been able to set up an intervention to even get them mental health support? I have so many questions.....

All MOO.

Madelyn Train’s father, Nathaniel, mother, Stacey, and uncle Gareth were killed by police in the incident that left six people dead at Wieambilla last month.

She spoke to Guardian Australia this week about how they spiralled into increasingly conspiratorial thinking, to the point where she had to mute notifications from them, and the “evil” crime they carried out.

Last edited:
Did I piece this together right? Stacey, the mother, was married to one brother, but eventually left and was involved with her ex's brother? (No judgements. Trying to understand the family dynamics.) TIA

Did I piece this together right? Stacey, the mother, was married to one brother, but eventually left and was involved with her ex's brother? (No judgements. Trying to understand the family dynamics.) TIA
Yep

One more question for those more familiar with the case. I read in the article that discusses the daughter's comments about the childhood trauma. Did all 3 parents claim to have been sexually assaulted as children or the 2 brothers only?

"Ms Train said it was not fair to say her family hated police.

“I think they had a lot of respect for the police,” she said.

“They didn’t respect the police officers that jumped over the fence. Everyone have a right to shoot someone that walks onto their property.”

Wow! :eek:

Is this news article real, the grammar is not the best, ie

"“I have a lot of trust in God and that I’m on this planet to do more than just the daughter of some of our shop police officers"

“They didn’t respect the police officers that jumped over the fence. Everyone have a right to shoot someone that walks onto their property.”
RSBM

Um, no, honey. Nobody gave them a license to kill. Especially not for something as petty as walking onto their land. Give me strength.

And double that for walking up and shooting point blank the policewoman who was already down and injured while she begged.

What is wrong with people???

"Ms Train said it was not fair to say her family hated police.

“I think they had a lot of respect for the police,” she said.

Wow! :eek:

Is this news article real, the grammar is not the best, ie

"“I have a lot of trust in God and that I’m on this planet to do more than just the daughter of some of our shop police officers"
It’s not about her. Perhaps she should just shut her mouth. Greatest sympathy to slain police officers and Mr Dare‘s families and friends.

Trio who shot dead Queensland police officers executed 'religiously motivated terrorist attack'

Deputy Police Commissioner Tracy Linford said Nathaniel, Gareth, and Stacey Train acted as an autonomous cell and executed a planned "attack directed at police" at Wieambilla in December.

"We don't believe this attack was random or spontaneous," Deputy Police Commissioner Linford said.

"We do believe it was an attack directed at police.

"There was significant evidence of advanced preparation and planning."

Post in thread 'Australia - Siege/Ambush at Remote Property - 6 Dead Including 2 Police/Neighbor - Wieambilla (Queensland)'
Australia - Siege/Ambush at Remote Property - 6 Dead Including 2 Police/Neighbor - Wieambilla (Queensland)

Pretty much as soon as this incident occurred I began to question if it was a domestic terrorist attack.

I still think that due to operational reasons, the police weren’t in a position to say this until now. I don’t think it took 9 weeks to read through Stacey Train’s diaries. I think police have known for a while that it was planned.

I wonder if the language has changed today in an attempt to stop Madelyn Train from discussing this event (and her parents in general) in press interviews?

Perhaps attempting to shame her into staying quiet by insinuating that her parents were essentially a terrorist cell?

JMO

I wonder if the language has changed today in an attempt to stop Madelyn Train from discussing this event (and her parents in general) in press interviews?

Perhaps attempting to shame her into staying quiet by insinuating that her parents were essentially a terrorist cell?

JMO
RSBM

I think less about shaming her - she played no role in the attacks, and could be considered a victim - and more quietly stepping in and stopping her from controlling the narrative.

I don't see an attempt to shame, just a quiet, firm statement of facts, made after they have had time to investigate every piece of evidence they have gathered and put into perspective.

After examining 190 documents, including Stacey's extensive diary entries, Queensland Police Deputy Commissioner Tracy Linford said investigators believed the trio "acted as an autonomous cell and executed a religiously motivated terrorist attack".

BBM.

Oh my goodness. Over 190 documents examined! That’s quite a bit of work.

Neighbour killed in horrific Wieambilla shooting to receive police’s highest bravery award

Queensland Police will give their highest honour available to Alan Dare for his bravery three months after he was gunned down by his neighbours in Western Queensland.

Mr Dare was murdered at a Wieambilla property during religiously-motivated act of terrorism carried out by Nathaniel Train, his brother Gareth Train and Gareth’s wife Stacey on December 12.

Mr Dare’s family will be presented with a posthumous Queensland Police Bravery Medal at the Chinchilla Botanical Gardens on Saturday.

Queensland Police Service Assistant Commissioner Charysse Pond APM will present the award to honour Mr Dare’s actions on the day of the fatal ambush.

The Queensland Police Bravery Medal acknowledges the outstanding efforts of officers or civilians who demonstrate exemplary commitment and dedication to protect the community of Queensland.

The award is usually reserved for officers but can be awarded to civilians who were involved in an incident and performed a similar brave act to a member of the QPS.

It is the highest Queensland Police Service Medal a civilian may receive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BSteel
Back