Canada - 10 dead and at least 15 wounded in stabbing attacks in Saskatchewan, 2022

Drug addicts take drugs till they are gone, and then they look for more. I can't imagine him hanging onto any drugs for days, I have to wonder if he recently got more from someone. JMO
That was the point in my question in the earlier post, that's what I suspect. But it would be doubly upsetting that the person who gave him the drugs didn't tell LE anonomously of the interaction with him. Note: anonomously could have been done.

Last edited:
That was the point in my question in the earlier post, that's what I suspect. But it would be doubly upsetting that the person who gave him the drugs didn't tell LE anonomously of the interaction with him. Note: anonomously could have been done.
Why would a drug dealer call police (even anonymously) and say “hey I gave the guy that shot people and killed himself drugs”? IMO that’s the last thing they’d do as they’d want to be as distanced from it as possible. Also, what good would it have done? They don’t know the pattern of him drugging or how much he had left at any given moment. They could even be drugged out themselves

Why would a drug dealer call police (even anonymously) and say “hey I gave the guy that shot people and killed himself drugs”? IMO that’s the last thing they’d do as they’d want to be as distanced from it as possible. Also, what good would it have done? They don’t know the pattern of him drugging or how much he had left at any given moment. They could even be drugged out themselves
The drugged out part ya that can be so. The thing is the point I'm trying to get at here is it was a horrible act that happened. If done anonomously it could help apprehend MS. The fact that it wasn't done speaks for itself for whatever reason it wasn't done. I mean this person willingly gave/sold(?) MS the drugs even if they were drugged up. IMO it doesn't sit well with me. Either it was a coerced exchange and luckily MS didn't hurt the dealer or we would have heard of another victim. Coerced fear for their life, perhaps, but can still be anonomys to get MS off the street to get him to stop his nasty business of victimizing is what I mean.

The drugged out part ya that can be so. The thing is the point I'm trying to get at here is it was a horrible act that happened. If done anonomously it could help apprehend MS. The fact that it wasn't done speaks for itself for whatever reason it wasn't done. I mean this person willingly gave/sold(?) MS the drugs even if they were drugged up. IMO it doesn't sit well with me. Either it was a coerced exchange and luckily MS didn't hurt the dealer or we would have heard of another victim. Coerced fear for their life, perhaps, but can still be anonomys to get MS off the street to get him to stop his nasty business of victimizing is what I mean.

Reporting him would‘ve been the right thing to do but I don’t think drug dealers are high on the scale of morale conscience plus LE is usually considered the enemy. This same dealer possibly sold him drugs that initiated the killing rampage. It would be unusual if this was a first time purchase, most often users are creators of habit and rely on their known suppliers. In turn the dealers are not oblivious to the lives they’re ruining. Their protection, why drugs and guns go hand in hand. Turning in a ‘customer’ isn’t going to happen IMO, not good for the business. JMO

Turning in a ‘customer’ isn’t going to happen IMO, not good for the business. JMO
Yeah stepping away from any moral debate about it, but people finding out that you turn in your customers is a great way to lose all your business, regardless of what kind of illegal business it is.

Reporting him would‘ve been the right thing to do but I don’t think drug dealers are high on the scale of morale conscience plus LE is usually considered the enemy. This same dealer possibly sold him drugs that initiated the killing rampage. It would be unusual if this was a first time purchase, most often users are creators of habit and rely on their known suppliers. In turn the dealers are not oblivious to the lives they’re ruining. Their protection, why drugs and guns go hand in hand. Turning in a ‘customer’ isn’t going to happen IMO, not good for the business. JMO
You've stated what I was thinking as well here in your post. Yup, guns go hand in hand here. But its not just the moral conscience part its more that it really actually happened so that being said what if MS had gotten to Regina and needed help doing so. I wouldn't be surprised people helping him along the way who may justify MS's insane reasoning whether drugged up or not. Ya, I know this was a drug dealer but what about someone else who wasn't a drug dealer, it happened once it happened once afterall (drug dealer, brother aiding but dying). With that drug dealer there are others involved in the trade. I'm not talking conspiracy theory here, I'm just saying the fact is MS was given the drugs in the first place. Those drugs have an overlaying reach in whose associated with their distribution and the buyers finally. And niether am I saying money is evil here, it boils down to supply & demand. Plus we don't know if MS was under the influence when he committed the rampage. But you are correct who knows if MS was under the influence when committing the horror it could have been the same dealer who sold/gave him the last batch he took when he was arrested.

Moo he may of been a dealer himself and in possession of a large quantity....maybe....moo
IDK with what he did IMO wouldn't it be difficult to carry an amount big enough to sell wherever he went? I'm talking about his stash he would have to conceal it somewhere. I don't think he would have a dealer's stash with him on the run. In his case at the time of his arrest LE didn't say anything about this. But I don't doubt he was a dealer, though, its entirely possible.

It is just a maybe. Meth seems to be favoured, going by news stories on drug busts out thatta way. Moo

I'm wondering what he actually took when he OD'd. Just imo, it's possible he stole something along the way.

Moo he may of been a dealer himself and in possession of a large quantity....maybe....moo
IDK, a large quantity might hinder him because, its bulky. Secondly, as another Sleuther mentioned users administer when they want to or need to. So its hard to say. I mean it was probably very stressful to avoid LE, and others when one knows their face is plastered everywhere. So I'm sure he had to use in that time until he was arrested. The question here would be where was his access to them. I can see him having a small amount on him when he was committing that horror. Maybe he stole some. But how would he know where to steal it, and that its not protected and he can get is easy? Maybe he knew where to go to get it and the dealer gave/sold him some? But one thing for sure he would need to have a supply when he was evading arrest.

Saskatchewan suspect killed 11, including brother, police say

The suspect in a deadly mass stabbing that stunned Canada acted on his own - and his own brother was among the victims, police say.

Rhonda Blackmore, commander of the Saskatchewan RCMP, said that both brothers were actively dealing drugs in the community on the eve of the shooting, 3 September, and had been involved in three violent altercations on the same day. None of these were reported to authorities, she said.
According to Ms Blackmore, both brothers were involved in "the initial planning and preparations" for the killings. For reasons that remain unclear, however, "Damien was killed by Myles Sanderson".
"We know that to be true," she said. "And he [Damien] was not involved in these homicides."

It remains unclear how Myles Sanderson died. He was in police custody at the time. Chief coroner Clive Weighill has said the official cause of death is unlikely to be released until early 2023, after the culmination of two separate inquests.
Two Canadian news outlets, quoting multiple sources, have said Myles Sanderson consumed pills shortly before his arrest and died from a drug overdose.

It’s unfortunate, if Damien had given his name to the RCMP during the car theft incident he’d have been arrested and been safe away from his bad news murdering brother.

“Blackmore also released more information about what Damien was doing the day before the stabbings.

On Sept. 3 at approximately 4 a.m CST, Melfort RCMP received a report that Damien Sanderson had stolen a vehicle on the James Smith Cree Nation. Two officers from the detachment responded about 15 minutes later.

"On their way to the James Smith Cree Nation, as part of their investigation, the officers confirmed Damien had a warrant for his arrest for a previous assault," Blackmore said.

Blackmore said the officers looked at a photo of Damien in the RCMP database, but that the last photo on record of him was from 2014.

The caller who reported the stolen vehicle suggested police search on North Road on James Smith Cree Nation. Officers found the vehicle in the area.

Blackmore said officers then searched a home in that area and found seven people inside. They all gave names to the officers, and none said they were Damien Sanderson.

Blackmore said police have since determined Damien was one of those seven people. She said he gave the name of someone else from James Smith. She noted that his appearance was a lot different than the 2014 photo on file.

Officers found the keys for the stolen vehicle inside the home, but were unable to get any information from the occupants about how the vehicle got there, Blackmore said.

"I'd like to be clear. At no time during the first 911 report to police or any of the following conversations between Melfort RCMP officers and the caller on the morning of Sept. 3 was Myles Sanderson's name or actions or any threats of violence reported to police," Blackmore said….”

It’s unfortunate, if Damien had given his name to the RCMP during the car theft incident he’d have been arrested and been safe away from his bad news murdering brother.

“Blackmore also released more information about what Damien was doing the day before the stabbings.

On Sept. 3 at approximately 4 a.m CST, Melfort RCMP received a report that Damien Sanderson had stolen a vehicle on the James Smith Cree Nation. Two officers from the detachment responded about 15 minutes later.

"On their way to the James Smith Cree Nation, as part of their investigation, the officers confirmed Damien had a warrant for his arrest for a previous assault," Blackmore said.

Blackmore said the officers looked at a photo of Damien in the RCMP database, but that the last photo on record of him was from 2014.

The caller who reported the stolen vehicle suggested police search on North Road on James Smith Cree Nation. Officers found the vehicle in the area.

Blackmore said officers then searched a home in that area and found seven people inside. They all gave names to the officers, and none said they were Damien Sanderson.

Blackmore said police have since determined Damien was one of those seven people. She said he gave the name of someone else from James Smith. She noted that his appearance was a lot different than the 2014 photo on file.

Officers found the keys for the stolen vehicle inside the home, but were unable to get any information from the occupants about how the vehicle got there, Blackmore said.

"I'd like to be clear. At no time during the first 911 report to police or any of the following conversations between Melfort RCMP officers and the caller on the morning of Sept. 3 was Myles Sanderson's name or actions or any threats of violence reported to police," Blackmore said….”
The officers didn't ask for ID?

Preliminary timeline only, inquests scheduled to take place in Jan 2024.

“RCMP said Myles traveled to James Smith Cree Nation to sell cocaine on Sept. 1. Police learned that he violently assaulted a woman, who was travelling with him, the next day.

After the woman fled, Myles met up with his brother Damien. Police say the brothers spent their time before the killings selling drugs, beating up community members and drinking.

Around 5 p.m. CST on Sept.3, Myles and Damien showed up at home on the First Nation, police said. Myles stated he was there for "one body: Gregory Burns," according to witnesses. Someone inside the home invited Gregory over, and when he arrived Myles and Damien assaulted him.

Gregory "Jonesy" Burns was later killed in the stabbing massacre.

After the assault, Damien and Myles split up. Damien went back to bar in a nearby town and told a woman that he and Myles had "a mission to do," and that people would hear all about it within the next few hours, police said.

Shortly before midnight, Damien met up with his brother. They assaulted another man, stole a Dodge Caravan and made their last known drug sale in the community around 4 a.m. CST, police said.

The brothers were seen 45 minutes later "guzzling booze" and "pumping themselves up for something."

Police believe this was the beginning of the mass stabbing incident…..”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk97821
Back