CANADA Canada - Marshal Iwaasa, 26, Lethbridge, Alberta, burned truck found in B.C., 17 Nov 2019

I found this unidentified body case from Montreal that was recovered in May, and I must say it's hard to ignore how much he looks like Marshal. Police unable to ID body found in St. Lawrence River, seek public's helpView attachment 429759
The wavy hair, nasal bridge, and eye distance make me wonder if this is Marshal, especially when you compare it to this picture of him. Either way, I hope his family finds answers soon. Let me know what you all think.

View attachment 429760
Interesting, wonder if tattoos match, will bring your suggestion to the John Doe's thread..

Interesting, wonder if tattoos match, will bring your suggestion to the John Doe's thread..

Thanks, share this with as many people as you can.
Even if the tattoos aren’t an exact match, they couldve been altered after his disappearance. Also possible he got them altered right before he went missing and family may not know of additional ones. I believe I read somewhere that tattoos will fade if a body is submerged in water for extended amount of time, so may explain lack of them on the torso?

The tattoos would be easily identifiable. I will admit there is definitely some resemblance.

Accordng to various posts on the family’s Missing Marshal FB page, none of the tattoos match. I would imagine DNA testing will also be conducted on the body of the man that was discovered, a more reliable method of ID than tattoo comparisons.

Accordng to various posts on the family’s Missing Marshal FB page, none of the tattoos match. I would imagine DNA testing will also be conducted on the body of the man that was discovered, a more reliable method of ID than tattoo comparisons.
I wouldn’t rule him out just bc the tattoos don’t match. Anecdotally I know people who sometimes forget to tell family when they get a new tattoo, so it’s possible that’s the case here. DNA test would be most reliable though. The estimated age (30) of body found is also close to Marshals presumed age currently.

Also possible that those tattoos were altered against his will to make it harder to ID body. Remember, he’s been missing for over 3 years, so I don’t believe it’s a stretch to think he could’ve modified them one way or another in that time.

Also possible that those tattoos were altered against his will to make it harder to ID body. Remember, he’s been missing for over 3 years, so I don’t believe it’s a stretch to think he could’ve modified them one way or another in that time.
Update:

I reached out to the tip line and they said Lethbridge PD already knew about the UP in Quebec were able to rule Marshal out as being him.

Thanks all for the dialogue and responses! This just leaves more questions as to who this man is.

the youtuber Barely Sociable made an incredible video about Marshy's case and how it intersects with the other missing young man. there is even a never before seen image in it of the cooler left at the site of the burned out truck.

RCMP saying there's no foul play screeeeams cover up of some sort to me, and that's just my opinion. someones got connections. the truth always comes out.

im around marshal's age and i think he is so adorable. this case haunts me. his last moments were likely terrifying and its so disturbing and sad.

If Daniel and Marshal are truly connected, that would mean that he left on the 17th, drove about 13~ hours to the Squamish area, interacted with Daniel between the ~18th and the ~24th during which Daniel put some of his items in the truck, then somehow his truck ended up an hour away, burnt out. A day after the car was found, Daniel was briefly arrested, and was missing by the next morning.
Few questions - why would Marshal know Daniel? I think previously family had mentioned he had no (known) connections to BC (edit - his sister Kassi explained on this post that there is no known connection, but someone saw them together "a couple days" before the 24th). If Marshal and Daniel interacted in town, why are there no solid sightings of them together? On the FB page for Daniel (which I linked in last post), it says "at least one" community member had seen them together, but I am surprised it's not more/more conclusive. Of course, if they were doing something secretive, they wouldn't be skipping around in public together.
Also, is Daniel's timeline known for the days before his arrest? Did he have any big, unaccounted for periods between the 18th and 24th where he could have been involved in the disposal of MI's car?
there is a sighting of them together by a local at That Irish Place. the family announced that on the find marshal public page awhile back. i will search for links.

i would really like to know whose burnt clothes were shed on the path to the river. nobody said daniel appeared burned. this one really haunts me.
i wanna add my gut instinct is Shady Guy drove Daniel & Marshal out there. started car on fire. marshal ran from car while removing clothes, went in river, potentially expired there (god i hate saying that). i have no idea what happened to daniel. CL needs to be investigated.

Last edited:
There was, however, a strange digital clue: as the grieving family sent occasional messages to Marshal’s Snapchat account, they realized that the messages were occasionally being marked as “read” as if someone had Marshal’s phone and was opening the Snapchat notifications.

i would really like to know whose burnt clothes were shed on the path to the river. nobody said daniel appeared burned. this one really haunts me.
i wanna add my gut instinct is Shady Guy drove Daniel & Marshal out there. started car on fire. marshal ran from car while removing clothes, went in river, potentially expired there (god i hate saying that). i have no idea what happened to daniel. CL needs to be investigated.
After hearing about this case today, I do wonder what the context of the burnt clothing was.

Was Marshal supposed to be burned inside of the car, was assumed dead after an assault, and the started running towards the creek once the adrenaline kicked in? The body would have been found by now, right? Or, did the arsonist get him out of the water and dispose of him somewhere else once he saw him running towards it?

Or, could the arsonist have burned the living crap out of himself? This happens quite a lot, as many of them have little to no experience in arson, and loosely throw gasoline around, not realizing it all over them when they light the match/lighter etc. He then started taking off his clothes and ran to a source of water to put it out. This may explain why no body has been found.

Either ways, I think more than just Shady Guy is involved. To be sure there had to be a second vehicle there to leave the scene, right?

After hearing about this case today, I do wonder what the context of the burnt clothing was.

Was Marshal supposed to be burned inside of the car, was assumed dead after an assault, and the started running towards the creek once the adrenaline kicked in? The body would have been found by now, right? Or, did the arsonist get him out of the water and dispose of him somewhere else once he saw him running towards it?

Or, could the arsonist have burned the living crap out of himself? This happens quite a lot, as many of them have little to no experience in arson, and loosely throw gasoline around, not realizing it all over them when they light the match/lighter etc. He then started taking off his clothes and ran to a source of water to put it out. This may explain why no body has been found.

Either ways, I think more than just Shady Guy is involved. To be sure there had to be a second vehicle there to leave the scene, right?
I think the Guilty Party could've hiked out of the area. and as we know, the other missing dude was found wandering about an hour down the road.

I think the Guilty Party could've hiked out of the area. and as we know, the other missing dude was found wandering about an hour down the road.

He was almost missing clothing that would be appropriate for winter…..correct?

Wonder if that was because his clothing was the burned clothing found at the scene

I don't understand the passports with the identity pages ripped out. My Canadian and Croatian passports have the passport number stamped on each page so the Canadian or Croatian government would know immediately know who I was from any page in either passport. It's laughable to say that ripping out the page with my photo out of the passport would disguise my identity.

Its a strange place for Marshal to drive from Lethbridge. Thats one long drive and he would have had to stopped several times to make the trip.

I only heard of Marshall's case a few days ago, so bear with me if I have some incomplete or incorrect information, but I wanted to offer a few thoughts as someone brand new to the case.

1. Suicide ? That just seems a ridiculous conclusion to me for a number of reasons. You don't have to drive 14 hours away, deep into the wilderness, to commit suicide. You don't need to torch your truck, walk away taking your cell phone, backpack and contact lenses with you just to commit suicide. And you certainly don't need to remove the steering column of your truck before doing any of that.

2. I don't know the facts of this case very well, but I will say that my very first thoughts regarding his apparent desperation to get into the storage unit, and the fact that once he did get in he spent 2 hours in the unit, were that he was retrieving drugs to resell. If he was cutting the drugs or packaging them, that 2 hours in the unit sure would make sense. Just my first thoughts.

3. Steering columns don't just disappear into thin air...so where is it ? Let's say that Marshall did commit suicide ? Why would he carry the steering column off with him ? Let's say he just wanted to disappear and start a new life. How does carrying away a steering column help him do that ?

4. It's possible that the truck arson, steering column theft, and Marshall's disappearance are 2 separate things, I suppose. He could have simply taken his backpack, phone and contact lenses and walked away from his truck. And someone could have stumbled across the truck, stolen the steering column (which you can sell on the black market for around $800, I think ) and then torched the truck. It is odd that his truck was torched, but his belongings were removed from the truck before it was torched. The photos certainly look like someone had gone through his stuff. But this is a very remote area. Hard to believe that someone just stumbled upon an abandoned vehicle in this location.

5. Did they ever find Marshall's car keys ? And is there ANY evidence that Marshall himself was ever at this location ? Because it almost sounds to me as if this vehicle was stolen and brought to this location. I'd be interested to know if the steering column on Marshall's truck was equipped with an anti-theft device.

Just some random thoughts.

Last edited:
To my understanding Marshal didn't have any social media, his cell was deactivated. I find both hard to believe if he was in IT at SAIT, maybe one of those 3 was activated, maybe he has a fake profile on all social media's?? Family say they are close knit yet they don't know if he had a job, a girlfriend and it seems they are surprised he wasn't currently enrolled in school. I bet it's very hard on them.

Why Pemberton? At first I thought ride share gone bad or hijack, so many scenerios, now I'm not sure what to think. Le should press release this case.
Was there any info on when his phone was deactivated or when he was no longer enrolled in his course? There are a lot of stories of how people flunk out of their course and don't tell anyone or how they start secretly using drugs or mixing woth the wrong crowd of people and things go downhill and family don't know about it. Such a strange set of circumstances though. He had a lot of things in his car to suggest he was going somewhere for an extended period of time, but never got there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diannewl
Back