GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
CT is unique in that its AG doesn’t deal with criminal issues—that’s the Chief State’s Attorney’s office. IMO that’s the agency that should be investigating the involvement of MT’s lawyers in her contempt of court charge—conspiracy? They already investigated some of the computer-stored data, as I read. Certainly they should be able to prove how and when the psych report got on MT’s computer. Maybe they are doing so, or have done so? I’d think any member of the public could make a FOI request of the Chief State’s Atty’s office for records relating to an investigation of the matter, if there isn't a journalist diligent enough to do so. CSA might respond that they're exempt from complying because it's an open investigation. That would give the public some clue as to what's going on.
Thanks for this. This process does honestly confuse me as its been the direct reports to the Chief State's Attorney who have collectively chosen it appears to do zero about the issues (various rules violations) present with MT two attorneys imo, Jon Schoenhorn and Audrey Felson.

The letter and documents were sent to the AG in the hopes that he or someone in his office might DO SOMETHING as so far as I can tell the Chief State Attorney and their direct reports along with the Judges that have touched this tragic case have done nothing.

I naively thought that Judge Randolph might have done something when Jon Schoenhorn concocted his imo sleazy plan to withhold evidence and have that evidence sitting in his office for over a year. I'm not sure exactly how many procedural rules were violated by Schoenhorn (AND the 2-3 other attorneys that had previously touched the evidence) BUT my guess is that its more than a few.

Its been crickets from the MSM too which isn't all that surprising I guess. But, all the same its been an eye opening experience to watch the Schoenhorn circus with Family Court Clerk to access the Herman Report etc. that went on for over a year, the withheld evidence that had MT hair on the hoodie, the sidebars at trial where events such as the protective order drafted by KM and submitted by MT to the Farmington PD were disallowed and the list goes on an on.

Just hope we see some semblance of justice meted out to MT. IMO for her role in 'lighting the fire' 50 years sounds about right and given the CT prison stats then she just might serve 25 years of that and then be back on ski slopes in a mobility scooter.

Simply disgusted and I say this knowing that Judge Randolph did the best he could with the mess of a case that was dropped on his desk.

MOO

CT is unique in that its AG doesn’t deal with criminal issues—that’s the Chief State’s Attorney’s office. IMO that’s the agency that should be investigating the involvement of MT’s lawyers in her contempt of court charge—conspiracy? They already investigated some of the computer-stored data, as I read. Certainly they should be able to prove how and when the psych report got on MT’s computer. Maybe they are doing so, or have done so? I’d think any member of the public could make a FOI request of the Chief State’s Atty’s office for records relating to an investigation of the matter, if there isn't a journalist diligent enough to do so. CSA might respond that they're exempt from complying because it's an open investigation. That would give the public some clue as to what's going on.
JMO, computer forensics are tricky and metadata can be easily manipulated, even without needing to have any technical know how - just downloading files can wipe the metadata that would be useful info in terms of finding a source or even the date the file was created. And while it's certainly worth trying, the response to FOI filings in CT has been abysmal in the years since this case started. See particularly Avon v Sastre, where a local lawyer has used his law degree, years of his own time, the backing of the ACLU, to fight to get info all citizens should have had the right to have access years ago re: the sudden dismissal of former chief of police Mark Rinaldo, former neighbor of FD in Avon at the time of his mother's suspicious death after the driveway accident.

Last edited:
JMO, computer forensics are tricky and metadata can be easily manipulated, even without needing to have any technical know how - just downloading files can wipe the metadata that would be useful info in terms of finding a source or even the date the file was created. And while it's certainly worth trying, the response to FOI filings in CT has been abysmal in the years since this case started. See particularly Avon v Sastre, where a local lawyer has used his law degree, years of his own time, the backing of the ACLU, to fight to get info all citizens should have had the right to have access years ago re: the sudden dismissal of former chief of police Mark Rinaldo, former neighbor of FD in Avon at the time of his mother's suspicious death after the driveway accident.

Thanks for this.

I thought there would be an immediate rebuttal from MT’s family after Gloria Farber’s interview was aired yesterday-then started to think that the real fun is going to begin following the 5/31 sentencing. What do you suppose they’ll drop?

Of course she does! I think it's too late now for a shorter sentence if she came forward.
And even on the off-chance that she does not (which I doubt IMO), one has to envision that with all the time MT spent with FD (and also perhaps KM) it seems very likely she knows some good places to commence searching. Or some information that would lead to something.

And IANAL, but it seems it is now too late to ‘play any of those cards’, and who would believe anything said at this point? MOO

So I read the ACLU sum-up on their website. So did anyone write about what the records revealed? Why was the Chief terminated? Did anyone request police records re the death of Fotis Dulos' mother in the so-called accident involving the nanny who was allegedly driving the car that hit her?

I agree, she has to know, why wouldn’t she, she was involved in every other detail of this murder. Damn, could she use that information as leverage for a shorter sentence?
I think you have put your finger on one of the great mysteries of this case (other than the body location of the victim).

Logic suggests that MT knows the most likely location of JFD body YET has remained silent. MT was shown via extensive evidence at trial (that she and her family all denied existed) that she effectively bird dogged FD every move and even checked his phone (yep, cheaters are gonna cheat as as a long standing member of the universal cheaters club MT knew exactly what FD was up to all the time and also imo shared it with her 'loving' family). The Civil Trial of FD where MT took the 5th on every deposition question imo also showed that MT knew everything there was to know about FD, FORE and the various shady business dealings. Why remain silent and for so long even post suicide of FD? Why not trade information for a deal? Who could MT be more afraid of than the strong likelihood that she will easily spend over 20 years in prison in CT? MT by virtue of knowing FD/FORE business would have known that there was no construction debris to toss on Albany Ave as none of the houses were under construction. MT would have also known that there was nothing to clean up at 80MS even with the obviously concocted 'house showing'. MT would have known that PG wanted his truck back and yet she played games with the keys. There was no aspect of plan to murder JFD that MT most likely either didn't know or couldn't successfully guess based on prior knowledge and yet she divulged zero to LE. Again, all WHY?

MT also defied the advice of her prior counsel regarding discussion of the Herman report with LE and then proceeded to lie about lies to LE and the former States Atty for over 6 hrs in 3 interviews spread over months. Why?

MT changed attorneys for reasons unknown and then proceeded to vilify prior attorney Bowman on social media for years and via her creepy artist that loves to abuse the first amendment imo, had her new counsel spend years attempting to get the Herman report unsealed in Family Court and have it made available as evidence in her trial (it wasn't but it minds well have had been evidence given how much time MT Attorneys railed about it both to the Press and at Trial, particularly the infamous Atty Felson interviews on the stand of discredited attorneys Meehan (GAL) and Rose).

All this legal activity and fanatical fixation on the useless to her Herman Report was then combined with what I think could generously be called a "NON DEFENSE" by Atty Schoenhorn and Atty Felson who introduced no evidence on behalf of his pathetic client and brought a 'character' witness in the form of Petu who claimed to have earthshattering information but then never said anything and herself seems to have zero grasp of US Legal System and what exactly MT was charged with by the State and why. Defense imo was an absolute sham as who can ever forget the drone footage of Avon Mountain and the endless fixation on cell tower placement and the so called expert who once they hit the stand couldn't seem to even remember her own name? We saw the MT legal team fixated also on kicking out her cell phone from evidence which is also odd imo given that its data could have been used to prove her claim (baseless imo) that she was chatting away on Albany Avenue and had no idea why she was there and what she was doing other than going to get a latte.

Odd too that there were NO character witnesses called at trial. Why? I thought that perhaps the 'farm' where MT was placed as a teen that had a well known expert running the place that might have spoken to MT commitment to horse therapy etc. YET, it appears that this would have been too risky as it would have opened the door as to why MT was at the farm for a prolonged period to being with via cross examination. BUT, other than Petu there was NO character witnesses for MT. I find this curious but actually not surprising as MT really hasn't worked in years, hasn't done any volunteer or charity work and really from the age of 25 made her vocation that of a professional mistress. Curious (but not surprising given the risks present on cross) that neither MT mother nor her daughter were called to testify about their relationship with MT. Not one character witness at trial other than Petu for the person who imo absolutely lacks morals and character! WHY to any of this as the defense lack of strategy and affirmative defense simply made zero sense? Its all made more baffling as MT family has been on social media claiming 'lack of evidence'. Yet, we saw the defense bring zero evidence to the trial to counter the mountain of evidence provided by the State for WEEKS AND WEEKS. Again, WHY to any of this?

MT took her fixation on the Herman report to an illegal level imo via display of the report on her computer at trial and was charged with contempt by Judge Randolph. Again, why the fixation on the report and why risk contempt charge and inevitable conviction prior to sentencing on charges which if stacked could put her in jail for most of her remaining life? WHY?

Given the role of MT mother in pulling the strings of what appears to be virtually every aspect of MT relationship (and FD divorce action in Family Court) with FD and then in the defense of MT, I remain puzzled why a battle hardened legal street fighter like the convicted non-felon via diversion agreement didn't see the strategic value of an early plea? WHY? OR, did MT continue what appears to be a lifelong propensity to lie about lies and chose to lie to her family and they allowed it happen? Why? The family had the prior counsel of Atty Bowman who very clearly was advocating for negotiated plea of some sort and unless Jon Schoenhorn is even dimmer than he appeared to be at trial he must have prepared MT and her family for the low probability of success at trial given the mountain of evidence that existed. Again, WHY? Collective delusion? Excessive reliance on appeal? Poor legal representation at trial?

The questions are endless imo starting with why not work a plea the day after FD died if you didn't want to do it while he was still alive?

MOO

Last edited:
I wonder. Gloria and her grandchildren would cherish having a place to visit their Mother. imo
@MollyDDD, purple for DV is SUCH a wonderful color isn't it! A personal fav.

IDK, I do think GF has been clear in her actions over the years that she sought justice for the death of her daughter and that having the body returned might have been an initial issue for her and the family but that over time the family came to terms with the absence of the physical body.

IMO without the persistence of GF assisted by Atty Weinstein and JFD friends and their prodding the State of CT every step of the way with it very expensive investigation, MT and KM never would have been arrested and brought to trial. KM still has no trial date it seems and per usual it seems like more foot dragging from the State imo.

The State of CT imo left to its own devices imo never would have first pursued FD and then the co conspirators and brought the cases to trial. The case would have been yet another unsolved disappearance and the Family Court messy saga of years of judicial malpractice imo would have simply been brushed under the carpet as it has been with many other cases before this one which just happened to become a high profile case.

MOO

Even if MT doesn't know where Jennifer is, she holds a vault of information. No one was closer to Fotis that day, and I don't mean the Tacoma tonky-tonk. She knows when Fotis left 4 JC. She knows what he was wearing, driving, riding. She knows how and when he arrived at 80 MS, what he was wearing, what he had with him. She's knows if he was absent again and for how long. She knows what went into the bags and likely knows what did not. She knows what the Tacoma looked like inside and out.

Her family whines about the "unfairness" of poor MT being separated from (her nearly adult) child (a separation brought on by the legal consequences of the inmates free choices). Revolting alongside five children who are forever separated from their mother by the inmate's same free choices. It can't be lost -- Jennifer would never have chosen to be separated from her children.

MT made a career of choices which pit her needs miles ahead of any motherhood calling.

If she had an ounce of humanity in her, the inmate would ask for a maximum sentence AND give up whatever additional information she keeps locked beneath that hair fort. Give those children that. And not to shave off time. No, not for herself. For them.

But I doubt she has the ounce.

JMO

Last edited:
Right up there with bail reform where killers are now able to get bond, I was also very surprised to learn about post conviction proffers being made by convicted inmates (i.e., Florida).

I don't know if (post conviction proffer) applies in CT but MT may be waiting out the sentencing of KM before opening up to prosecutors about the possible location of Jennifer's remains.

IMO, MT's probably weighing the options between filing for an appeal following sentencing, or wanting to renegotiate her sentence. Whatever action she takes, it's going to be all about MT.

Odd too that there were NO character witnesses called at trial. Why?
^^rsbm

Rarely are character witnesses allowed during trial unless specific exceptions met, and if provided for by statute, it's generally only during the sentencing phase.

Specific to CT, please see:

Sec. 4-4. Character Evidence Not Admissible To Prove Conduct; Exceptions; Methods of Proof; Cross-Examination of a Character Witness (Pg 16/60).

^^rsbm

Rarely are character witnesses allowed during trial unless specific exceptions met, and if provided for by statute, it's generally only during the sentencing phase.

Specific to CT, please see:

Sec. 4-4. Character Evidence Not Admissible To Prove Conduct; Exceptions; Methods of Proof; Cross-Examination of a Character Witness (Pg 16/60).
Would you think that there would be character witnesses to speak on MT’s behalf, prior to sentencing next week? I suppose we aren’t looking for her family to drone on about her motherly attributes, or Petu…and ultimately, what good might it do? I think Judge Randolph already has a pretty good idea what he is going to do, anyway, and doubt that anything that someone could say about her will change his mind. And-these Troconises cannot seem to help themselves from the usual self-serving opportunity to make this terrible story, all about them and their precious Michi. I wonder how that’ll fly?

In the March proceeding, Assistant State’s Attorney Elizabeth Moran and defense attorney Robert Frost told Judge Alex Hernandez they would meet prior to the next court date to see whether they could negotiate a resolution to the matter prior to Troconis' sentencing on May 31.
Will MT strike a deal on her contempt charge before 5/31??

Will MT strike a deal on her contempt charge before 5/31??
IANAL but I tend to hope not. Let Judge Kevin Randolph and the jury’s verdicts to him and the court decide her punishment for the convictions on conspiracy / murder charges in the case of Jennifer Dulos. In 10 days IIRC. And then the other CT family? court MT contempt charge can be dealt with separately for the sealed ‘Report’.

And just maybe if the CT court system is proper and just, defense attorneys JS and AF will also be summoned to appear and held for any possible charges they should receive for their possible involvement with the matter of that displayed / shared sealed ‘Report’. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli