GUILTY FL - Matteo 'Patrick' Giovanditto, 58, found murdered, Celebration, 25 Nov 2010

All of us want the truth to come out. If the Public Defender is ignoring your calls and other victims' calls, work your way up the chain of command. Ask the receptionist who Murillo's attorney's supervisor is. You'll probably get a voice message so be ready with a short but clear reason why you are calling. Try to sound strong but not emotional. I would not write an affidavit nor ask anyone else to do so, until you've gotten clear instructions from someone with the local law enforcement or the Public Defender's office.

The other thought I've had is that since it is public knowledge just where Giovanditto lived when he died, victims and their families can contact a sex crimes detective with the local police department. If they've been looking for Giovanditto for years due to his abuse, now they know where he was. If I'm not mistaken, a person can make a report about abuse posthumously if it pertains to another crime.
as i posted before ,i think it was removed ,the police knew of the abuse[reports], ,but did nothing
about it,and thats the truth,

Celebration is in Osceola County. Here's a couple of phone numbers that might be helpful:

Sheriff's office (non-emergency calls)
407-348-2222

Criminal investigations/sex crimes
407-348-1150

And the full phone directory for the dept:

http://www.osceolasheriff.org/sheriff/113-14374-0/phone_directory.cfm

<modsnip>..????the police dont care
if they did they would stop misinforming the public,and also would have arrested matteo ,ok
they were notified by people of complaints,but they did nothing,

All of us want the truth to come out. If the Public Defender is ignoring your calls and other victims' calls, work your way up the chain of command. Ask the receptionist who Murillo's attorney's supervisor is. You'll probably get a voice message so be ready with a short but clear reason why you are calling. Try to sound strong but not emotional. I would not write an affidavit nor ask anyone else to do so, until you've gotten clear instructions from someone with the local law enforcement or the Public Defender's office.

The other thought I've had is that since it is public knowledge just where Giovanditto lived when he died, victims and their families can contact a sex crimes detective with the local police department. If they've been looking for Giovanditto for years due to his abuse, now they know where he was. If I'm not mistaken, a person can make a report about abuse posthumously if it pertains to another crime.
they knew where he was,ok.. all along ..ok

he approached a young man in kissimmee,fl who i know personally ,who said to me when he saw tv etc,that he recognised matteo,he had propositioned him for sex ,when he stopped and gave him a ride in his car,and the young man had him stop and let him out.
the young man was 17 almost 18.in kissimmee,
there are more victims ,mostly young boys im afraid ,not willing to come foward,its embarrassing for males ok..

Exposethetruth--Yes, I know it is hard for males to come forward. I have six sons who are survivors. I know the agony they go through. And our trial was very high-profile so there was no hiding. Everyone knew. They chose to be very public about their experience. There was really no other way.

I'm curious as to how you know that the police knew that Giovanditto was a pedophile. If that's true and you have proof that victims notified the police and made reports and nothing was done, that information needs to get to the right person. There might have been a time that I'd have recommended the media but that almost always backfires. The media is simply looking for a story and sensation sells. They move on while you still have the pain to deal with.

I've had excellent luck with simply calling our state's FBI office. One of our special needs daughters was trafficked and disappeared three years ago. The FBI was extremely helpful, actually more helpful than our local police. If you have actual proof as I stated above, that's the avenue that I'd take.

However, for other victims who might be reading here, there's simply no other way than to contact the local police. I hear what you are saying, Exposethetruth, but that's where they need to at least start. If there are as many victims as I think, the calls should start getting some attention. It often takes a group of people to make some change.

Do you have any theories as to why the police would ignore formal complaints about a pedophile?

I just checked the age of consent for Florida. It is 18. However, there seems to be a few exceptions. However, if Giovanditto propositioned an almost 18 year old teen, that would obviously be a crime but it would most likely be hard to prosecute as he could have said that the boy looked older.

From what I've read, it seems that Giovanditto liked younger boys. He could have accessed them through friends, family and through his teaching. Those are the boys and men who need to step forward.

If we have victims reading, please know that you can remain anonymous. The police nor the media will not release your name if you make a report about Giovanditto. Just as a female rape victim, you will be referred to as John Doe and a number. If my calculations are correct, victims could have quite a range of age at this time. He taught for many many years.

In reading the earlier articles again, I noticed one where a neighbor said that Giovanditto lived a "high-risk" lifestyle. I wonder if the neighbor meant that he brought prostitutes to his home? I wonder if any of the neighbors who might be reading ever saw clearly underage boys enter the home? Did he "tutor" or "counsel" young boys in his home?

And Exposethetruth, are you saying that the local police knew that Giovanditto used the services of young (but of legal age) male prostitutes or that they had full knowledge that he abused boys under the legal age? Both are crimes but one is far more serious than the other.

I just checked the age of consent for Florida. It is 18. However, there seems to be a few exceptions. However, if Giovanditto propositioned an almost 18 year old teen, that would obviously be a crime but it would most likely be hard to prosecute as he could have said that the boy looked older.

From what I've read, it seems that Giovanditto liked younger boys. He could have accessed them through friends, family and through his teaching. Those are the boys and men who need to step forward.

If we have victims reading, please know that you can remain anonymous. The police nor the media will not release your name if you make a report about Giovanditto. Just as a female rape victim, you will be referred to as John Doe and a number. If my calculations are correct, victims could have quite a range of age at this time. He taught for many many years.

In reading the earlier articles again, I noticed one where a neighbor said that Giovanditto lived a "high-risk" lifestyle. I wonder if the neighbor meant that he brought prostitutes to his home? I wonder if any of the neighbors who might be reading ever saw clearly underage boys enter the home? Did he "tutor" or "counsel" young boys in his home?

And Exposethetruth, are you saying that the local police knew that Giovanditto used the services of young (but of legal age) male prostitutes or that they had full knowledge that he abused boys under the legal age? Both are crimes but one is far more serious than the other.

Im saying i spoke with a detective that told me that they had complaints
about Matteo,but, he said "he didnt cross the line" ,so they did nothing ,i dont know
if they were minors or if that meant they were adults.

the one i personally know he[matteo] propositioned was my son [the 17 year old]i mentioned
who recognised the guy after he was dead ,and it was in the media,
<modsnip> ok so the attorney is being a public pretender,and not trying to help david ,thats my opinion

the cops didnt do anything when guy was alive ,so you can bet they wont when hes dead ,too much paperwork
as far asthem knowing he was a pediphile,i dont know
but they knew he was a perv,and was bothering people ,detective didnt clarify
i wish all the child victims would come foward,and post here
<modsnip> and i know this person is truthful..:banghead:

I wish they'd come forward too, exposethetruth. I think we have two different issues going on. If the local police knew that this man had a habit of propositioning young males for prostitution, that's one thing--as long as they were of legal age. LE is slammed with crime right now and often don't do much about prostitution until there's a "round-up" as it uses so many funds needed elsewhere. I'm not expressing an opinion on this just stated what I've seen. My guess is that the detective meant that they'd had complaints about Giovanditto from either neighbors or prostitutes but that he "didn't cross the line" concerning the age of consent. I have to wonder if it wasn't neighbors who made complaints as Celebration strikes me as a town that likes to remain charming and safe. Community members might not take too kindly to a resident bringing home young prostitutes all the time. Or there could have been word on the street that this guy was rough or didn't pay, etc.

However, it would be quite another issue for LE to ignore complaints about him abusing children. We've had one poster on this thread state very clearly that Giovanditto abused her son when he was quite young. He met that child through a school program. My guess is that there are others. It's looking very much like this man was extremely predatory.

I'm very sorry that a family member of yours was targeted by this man.

I wish they'd come forward too, exposethetruth. I think we have two different issues going on. If the local police knew that this man had a habit of propositioning young males for prostitution, that's one thing--as long as they were of legal age. LE is slammed with crime right now and often don't do much about prostitution until there's a "round-up" as it uses so many funds needed elsewhere. I'm not expressing an opinion on this just stated what I've seen. My guess is that the detective meant that they'd had complaints about Giovanditto from either neighbors or prostitutes but that he "didn't cross the line" concerning the age of consent. I have to wonder if it wasn't neighbors who made complaints as Celebration strikes me as a town that likes to remain charming and safe. Community members might not take too kindly to a resident bringing home young prostitutes all the time. Or there could have been word on the street that this guy was rough or didn't pay, etc.

However, it would be quite another issue for LE to ignore complaints about him abusing children. We've had one poster on this thread state very clearly that Giovanditto abused her son when he was quite young. He met that child through a school program. My guess is that there are others. It's looking very much like this man was extremely predatory.

I'm very sorry that a family member of yours was targeted by this man.

its really sad for the family of matteo also ,if any
there is pain for both sides

im looking up some info on that school mentioned by bluein sautee,

Child & Family Psychologists
www.childandfamilypsychologists.org/clinical_assoc.html - CachedSimilar- Block all www.childandfamilypsychologists.org results
Not helpful? You can block www.childandfamilypsychologists.org results when you're signed in to search.www.childandfamilypsychologists.org
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Dr. S. was the Supervising Psychologist of Clinical Services, and 1989-1993 Staff Psychologist of Cross Roads School in Davie, Florida. ...

Giovanditto either taught or counseled at the Crossroads School, The Villa Oasis School and the Lehrman Day School. There's some links on the first page of this thread about the different places he taught.

Exposethetruth, you might want to ask a mod to remove the doctor's name from your post. We're not supposed to use the full names of the uninvolved. We can use initials. The link will let everyone see the full name.

im sure theyll catch it

matteo was the principle at crossroads ok,at time 10 year old was molested in other post

I'm curious about the time Giovanditto taught in Arizona at the Villa Oasis School. There were early comments about how he took boys to Disneyland. That's more than a day trip, for sure. Were those boys boarding at that school or living with their families? Did their families know that Giovanditto took children on trips?

I find it very interesting that his life seemed to revolve around Disney to a degree. He seemed to want to portray himself as an academic and was not the sort of man I would imagine choosing to live in Celebration nor frequenting Disneyland or Disney World.

I seriously doubt all or even many will come forward. It's so difficult for males. There's a huge stigma attached in ours and most other societies, which is sad. Possibly, just knowing that the man is dead and that others have validated their experiences will be helpful. One of the greatest things about WS, is that our posts don't go away. In a few years, if someone decided to go looking for this man, they'll see our discussion and know they were not the only one.

Has anyone seen any sort of announcement on any other forum or by LE in Florida, that there is a search on for victims?

There was a case a few years ago where a doctor's huge stash of personally produced child *advertiser censored*. His name was George Reardon and he hid his child *advertiser censored* in the wall of his house. Ten years after he died, the next owner found it. Many many victims were uncovered and they just successfully sued the hospital where they were abused by this man. Here's a timeline of the case:

http://www.courant.com/community/hartford/hc-reardon-timeline,0,3533720.story

We also have a thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6436859"]Police Search for Child *advertiser censored* Victim's depicted in *advertiser censored* in Dr. George Reardon's home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So, see. Often times, victims do get some form of closure. I refuse to believe that Giovanditto did not leave behind some incriminating evidence. Pedophiles are often "collectors" and keep all sorts of notes, photos and "trophies" from their victims. I'm guessing that between the house in Celebration and the one in the North East, something was found to corroborate Murillo's statements.

I think people are going to get closure,the victims.
im sure there are many ,if not hundreds
I pray something good comes out of this all.
it is a very sad situation,you know i was thinking
those mysterious circumstances ,that patrick[mateo]
when he left the schools ,i bet kids did come foward and they booted him[matteo] from the school ,so they woudnt get sued.
and those boys were not listened too.
how awful..
God bless there little hearts..

Romans 12:19
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, **Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord**

Isaiah 59:18
According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence

I am a previous student from crossroads. At that time I was from Chicago. I was one of his "special students". I never was taken advantage of though. I was taken on those trips to Disney, the Everglades, house boating trips and some other trips. Being that I was the only student from outside the state of Florida, it wasn't uncommon that I stayed at his house/ apt over the weekend.

If you want to know more about this man please ask.

Here is a copy of the email I received from him a month before he died.
Date: October 27, 2010, 9:12:47 AM EDT
To: j*****@*****.com
Subject: Re: Great to hear from you 2

yo man sure..my number is 321 939 ****. usually home until 4 pm eastern time then after 10 pm. live up in orlando now in a small snobby town called celebration outside of orlando going toward tampa. u can google it. its a disney community. basically just travel and chill, enjoying life. always thought of you as a little brother though you arent so little anymore :). now that you are an adult and anything goes, don't have to be all formal. you can call me matt which is my first name or patrick which is my second name. we are equals now.

He was just touching base with me to stay in contact. Thought some of you would like to know.

Jr1977

I am a previous student from crossroads. At that time I was from Chicago. I was one of his "special students". I never was taken advantage of though. I was taken on those trips to Disney, the Everglades, house boating trips and some other trips. Being that I was the only student from outside the state of Florida, it wasn't uncommon that I stayed at his house/ apt over the weekend.

If you want to know more about this man please ask.

Here is a copy of the email I received from him a month before he died.
Date: October 27, 2010, 9:12:47 AM EDT
To: j*****@*****.com
Subject: Re: Great to hear from you 2

yo man sure..my number is 321 939 ****. usually home until 4 pm eastern time then after 10 pm. live up in orlando now in a small snobby town called celebration outside of orlando going toward tampa. u can google it. its a disney community. basically just travel and chill, enjoying life. always thought of you as a little brother though you arent so little anymore :). now that you are an adult and anything goes, don't have to be all formal. you can call me matt which is my first name or patrick which is my second name. we are equals now.

He was just touching base with me to stay in contact. Thought some of you would like to know.

Jr1977

JR, I'm sorry about your friend/teacher it must be difficult to have read what they are saying about him. Do you believe that some of the allegations are true? Do you think he had relations with some of the boys he taught?

I was a student in crossroad school and knew Patrick well since I was in trouble most of the time cos of my behaviour Patrick was a good teacher strict when he needed and lenient too never and I reference never steered me in the wrong path and he did try harder than any other teacher in my past I even talk to him like a big brother and I sometimes felt he was looking out for me like a bother would never did he put a hand on me or other wise I've been on field trips many time i was looking to contact with classmates and came up on this news so sad to hear this out come for a person who's tried to help me the past sorry for me inglish if been living in Spain and don't use it much

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back