Help from WS folks..please look

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaLou32

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm newly registered & not sure if this is correct platform to post. I've ALWAYS been a huge follower & fan of True Crime until June 29th, 2021 when my confidant, best friend, road-dog, my 32 yr old son became the subject. There are serious issues with things that don't make sense & how it's been handled. I don't know where else to turn, hence joining this group, for fresh eyes, opinions, suggestions re: this open case, hence joining this group, for fresh eyes, opinions, suggestions re: this open case.

Hello all,

I'm newly registered & not sure if this is correct platform to post. I've ALWAYS been a huge follower & fan of True Crime until June 29th, 2021 when my confidant, best friend, road-dog, my 32 yr old son became the subject. There are serious issues with things that don't make sense & how it's been handled. I don't know where else to turn, hence joining this group, for fresh eyes, opinions, suggestions re: this open case, hence joining this group, for fresh eyes, opinions, suggestions re: this open case.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son. How devastating. Does his case already have a thread here on Websleuths?

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son. How devastating. Does his case already have a thread here on Websleuths?
no, not currently. im having alittle technical difficulties,,(am in the process of correcting that) & i'm finding this site a bit confusing to navigate( but i'm working on getting better with that as well)

Blessings to All,

I've ALWAYS been a huge fan of true crime most of my life until June 29th, 2021 when my 32 yr old son was shot & died 2 days later. This occured within a half an hour after speaking (and videoing) with him on the phone. His girlfriend ran up to the camera and said" I'm gonna kill your son Mom" ( I must note that she had broken his leg 1-1/2 wks. prior to this. There are soooo many things that don't add up, things that are complete lies, as well as the handling of this from the beginning. Please know that I have much respect for law enforcement & am in no way slandering or speaking Ill of them, however, I do know that had this been handled differently from the start, I believe I would not be tormented by the details that don't make any sense at all.

Blessings to All,

I've ALWAYS been a huge fan of true crime most of my life until June 29th, 2021 when my 32 yr old son was shot & died 2 days later. This occured within a half an hour after speaking (and videoing) with him on the phone. His girlfriend ran up to the camera and said" I'm gonna kill your son Mom" ( I must note that she had broken his leg 1-1/2 wks. prior to this. There are soooo many things that don't add up, things that are complete lies, as well as the handling of this from the beginning. Please know that I have much respect for law enforcement & am in no way slandering or speaking Ill of them, however, I do know that had this been handled differently from the start, I believe I would not be tormented by the details that don't make any sense at all.

Last edited:
Can you link any news articles about your son? Or even tell us his name and we can find them. I’m very sorry for your loss.

He and I lived with my elderly mom and her disabled husband to help out for the last 5 yrs. Getting back to the day of...no one ever contacted me or any family member to verify her claims, which in turn they did very little investigation. Until the 3rd day when the coroner called me to say it was being ruled a suicide and I asked what they were basing that decision on. I was told the girlfriends statement. I told the coroner *advertiser censored** you and her, you don't do anything until i speak to police. SO, it was ruled undetermined. And still is because they know it was not a suicide and 99% sure it was not an accidental, since he was shot on right cheek in an upward trajectory and he was LEFT handed and always shot with his left hand. The police(who know the girlfriend, as they have been to that home on a number of occasions literally spoke to the girlfriend, who was the only other person at the home, and she was adamant that he shot himself and he was suicidal and he had been institutionalized for suicide attempts in the past. All of which is false. Now of course, I've heard this a number of times this last year. Well kids don't tell their parents everything" & " Maybe you just weren't aware how he was feeling, or things that were going on in his life. " 1000% wrong. He told me EVERYTHING.. sometimes more details than I needed. Everyone of his friends & even family knew that was not true as well. He and I were extremely close and talked, texted, saw each other multiple times a day. The first thing the GF said to me when she arrived at the hospital was " I moved the gun". also the police are stumped as to why there was a 9 mm bullet in a 40 caliber Smith and Wesson. I was told had the clip not been in the gun, it most likely woulda misfired. Her story changed multiple times about the clip being in, then it was out, etc. he was leaving her and she was aware of that( he spoke with a friend the night before and told him that as well. She has refused a lie detector & a warrent was obtained for dna. She produced a letter supposedly ( last will) weeks after saying she had to get it laminated . upon reading it, it named me( wrong spelling and my wrong last name ) and her it the first lines of the phony letter, then it continues with what can almost be described as a rap(song). Clearly, was not from my son. there was also a blood stain on this phony letter( which obviously couldn't be examined. She sent me a photo the night of him being shot of herself covered in his blood laying on the pillow with blood on it and said I have his life all over me.( pics too disturbing) the detective found 50 more on her phone after they eventually took it. Side note I was just contacted by a boyfriend of hers AFTER my son, who she stabbed in the knee.

Can you link any news articles about your son? Or even tell us his name and we can find them. I’m very sorry for your loss.
ive been trying to obtain anything from the detectives, police, EMT's. I've gotten no responses, however the detective that was on the case told me that because its undetermined ( essentially still an open, active case) they couldn't release anything,I was told the girlfriends statement. I told the coroner *advertiser censored** you and her, you don't do anything until i speak to police. SO, it was ruled undetermined. And still is because they know it was not a suicide and 99% sure it was not an accidental, since he was shot on right cheek in an upward trajectory and he was LEFT handed and always shot with his left hand.
Can you link any news articles about your son? Or even tell us his name and we can find them. I’m very sorry for your loss
My sons name is Jamie Lee Lucas Jr. Reading, Pa to my knowledge there wasn't an article in the newspaper (or online). I had to keep his obit out of the newspaper as there were issues with his father( and his side of family), as well as the girlfriend not finding out or showing up to the service.

im having some internet issues, im sorry. My sons name is Jamie Lee Lucas Jr. Reading. Pa. To my knowledge there were not newspaper coverage or story. Ive been trying, to no avail, to obtain documents from the detective, police, emt's. I have been told by detective that due to it being undetermined (open and active) he cant release anything, which definately hinders my looking at her conflicting statements, as well as the people who were interviewed.

I am so very sorry for your loss. No words are adequate to express my sorrow for you.
Thank you so very much. Its been beyond horrific, as far as having to see some of the things and hear some of the details, but im the only one that could do it, Im divorced, and my mom is 75, younger son is a single father, so every detail, preparation, planning, investigating, etc has been done, will continue to be done solely by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value