IA IA - Ronald Zellmer, 31, Sioux City, 6 Apr 1985

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Case File 54DMIA
cache.php

Ronald LeRoy Zellmer
Missing since April 6, 1985 from Sioux City, Woodbury County, Iowa
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: October 2, 1953
Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10; 170 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Dentals / Fingerprints / DNA: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Zellmer was last seen on April 6, 1985 in Sioux City, Iowa. Officers found Mr Zellmer's car parked on a bridge in the area, his car door was left open and he was nowhere in sight. He had prior history of depression and officers, at the time, concluded that he had jumped from the bridge.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Sioux City Police Department
712-279-6353

OR
Iowa Missing Persons' Clearinghouse
800-346-5507

Email

You may remain anonymous if you wish when submitting information to any agency.
NCIC Number: M-318922147
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information: Iowa Missing Persons' Clearinghouse

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/54dmia.html

At approximately 5:50 a.m. on April 6, 1985, South Sioux City, Neb. police located a 1984 Chevy Cavalier, registered to a Ronald Zellmer, age 31, parked on the south end of the Veterans Memorial Bridge. The vehicle was left unattended with the motor running.

Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27744/

With his depression over the last few years it looked fairly clear that he jumped. But then Charley Project's says '...but he could also have been taken against his will...'????
I wonder what made them say that...
Although the Public Safety's Missing Person Information Clearinghouse (what a mouthful!) also called it an 'involuntary disappearance'

Last edited:
I find that the Charley Project often cites incorrect information. I try not to use it as a source for factual information, unless I can confirm the information with a news article, a write-up in the NamUs profile, etc. I have also found wrong information in the Iowa Cold Cases site.

I find that the Charley Project often cites incorrect information. I try not to use it as a source for factual information, unless I can confirm the information with a news article, a write-up in the NamUs profile, etc. I have also found wrong information in the Iowa Cold Cases site.
I think they are just suppositions by the police, it does not mean that he has been kidnapped, but it is much more likely that he jumped into the river because he felt so badly depressed...many say that it is the quick way out of problems that cowards are suicidal... but you have to have a lot of guts and courage to commit suicide...
rest in peace Ron

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksordo