LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
PI's are always a little more in tune with an investigation than LE is for the simple fact that we talk to more people, and people are more willing to talk to us and give us answers than they are with LE. Who would you rather talk to? The intimidating guy with the guns and weapons strapped all over him and can haul you off to jail if they don't like your answer, or the guy hanging out with you on your front porch having a cigarette and casually chatting?

Well, you, of course!

A.C.I were you able to make more determination as to her route by checking that one last camera further down St. Landry?

Its a city cam, so I can't check it :(
But from where I discovered the police have and haven't checked I can deduce that LE believes her intended route to be St. Landry down to Coliseum and then onto Johnston. Not quite as good as seeing the footage...but that's all I've got, so I just gotta roll with it.

PI's are always a little more in tune with an investigation than LE is for the simple fact that we talk to more people, and people are more willing to talk to us and give us answers than they are with LE. Who would you rather talk to? The intimidating guy with the guns and weapons strapped all over him and can haul you off to jail if they don't like your answer, or the guy hanging out with you on your front porch having a cigarette and casually chatting?

THAT'S a no brainer! I'm not talking to a cop~ NOT in my area anyway!
-ever-
~jmo~

what I say can and WILL be used against ME! :banghead:

no offense to any other LEO!
I'm in the boonies!

It sounds like the PI got two calls with description identical to the perp. Let's hope this is the break to BRING MICKEY HOME
According to KATC.com he got two identical calls and both described the same two poi's.

The private investigator tracking Mickey Shunick's disappearance says he has credible information about two people who could be involved in her disappearance. John Abdella says two people who don't know each other called him with almost identical descriptions. The calls were made days apart, and he believes something good will come out of this. Abdella is not releasing the descriptions. He'll notify police first.

Its a city cam, so I can't check it :(
But from where I discovered the police have and haven't checked I can deduce that LE believes her intended route to be St. Landry down to Coliseum and then onto Johnston. Not quite as good as seeing the footage...but that's all I've got, so I just gotta roll with it.

I've noticed the lack of searches in the brashear/st. john area. It's like it was never on the radar of police. But have seen lots of vehicles on the other hand, more than usual, and I'm just guessing people like you or something.

-ever-
~jmo~

I'm in the boonies!

Precisely why we get a lot of info LE doesnt.

-ever-
~jmo~

I'm in the boonies!

I spoke to someone when they were still looking for the old car, and she said that the person in the car would NEVER talk to the police, even if just a witness. I don't really get why. Do they have a bad rep? I'm not from here, but if I knew something that could help I'd eventually come out with it, a matter of conscience.

I've noticed the lack of searches in the brashear/st. john area. It's like it was never on the radar of police. But have seen lots of vehicles on the other hand, more than usual, and I'm just guessing people like you or something.

Probably. Ive been back there a LOT in the last week.

It's 00:30. Gonna have to give in and go to bed. Got a 2 and 3 year old who will be wanting to get up at 6! Guessing I'll have a lot to catch up on tomorrow, and hopefully some good news :please: !! Take care all :seeya:

I spoke to someone when they were still looking for the old car, and she said that the person in the car would NEVER talk to the police, even if just a witness. I don't really get why. Do they have a bad rep? I'm not from here, but if I knew something that could help I'd eventually come out with it, a matter of conscience.

You must not deal with police officers very often then. Its understandable why so many people avoid talking to them. Not just here, but in every state. Lots of bad apples spoil the bunch.

-ever-
~jmo~

I'm in the boonies!

I'd rather talk to a cop in a marked vehicle than a strange man flashing a badge while smoking a cigarette on my front porch. JMO But I having nothing to hide...LOL...

It's 00:30. Gonna have to give in and go to bed. Got a 2 and 3 year old who will be wanting to get up at 6! Guessing I'll have a lot to catch up on tomorrow, and hopefully some good news :please: !! Take care all :seeya:

Or maybe nothing...if we're waiting for LE to endorse the info release it could be a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k.e.williams